Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

January 14th, 2021 - Development Update

3 hours ago, Drumcode said:

Look at all them pixels in the clouds! Bad a** shot, but ruined. Please fix this my dudes.

They said a few times that this will be fixed with DX12 out this summer withe the XBox release.

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

53 minutes ago, conundrum said:

Can anyone translate?

From Wikipedia:

Florida Man is an Internet meme, popularized in 2013, in which the phrase "Florida Man" is taken from various unrelated news articles describing people who hail from or live in Florida. Internet users typically submit links to news stories and articles about unusual or strange crimes or events occurring in Florida, particularly those where "Florida Man" is mentioned in a headline. The stories call attention to Florida's supposed notoriety for strange and unusual events.[1]

• Like 3

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

Firstly: "In total, 451 add-ons are now available and there are new and delightful announcements every single day." - Where are they getting that information from? Is that all the Modding sites combined? Pretty sure theres not that many items in the Marketplace.

Secondly: That community picture of Snow in Madrid, I've flown there almost every day since it started snowing in central Spain and I've never seen it that covered, why is Live Weather so sporadically poor!?

Edited by MarcG

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

I think its reasonable to think that alot of these issues will take time even with a big team working on it.  Afterall, it took a long time for P3D XP, FSX to work out all the initial bugs and even to this day.  

However, IMO, the weather really needs to be addressed.   To work so well on one flight and on the next be completely wrong, ruins the immersion of the flight.   The source reputable provider is there, we know the weather engine can produce some amazing environments, but to have it be so inconsistent, should make this a high priority. 

Also hoping we see a much higher uptick in quality aircraft very soon.  Its rather dry relative to scenery that is being produced.  Granted it takes alot more time, but the hope is there. 

• Like 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

The screenshot by "horseball1899" - CJ4 climbing out of somewhere like a homesick angel  .. does anybody perhaps know where in the world is that ?. Want to go and see for myself -  those water masks.

Thanks

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

55 minutes ago, SAPilot said:

The screenshot by "horseball1899" - CJ4 climbing out of somewhere like a homesick angel  .. does anybody perhaps know where in the world is that ?. Want to go and see for myself -  those water masks.

According to some users on the relevant Reddit post, north of Grenada in the Grenadines. The two islands visible are Petit St Vincent and Petit Martinique.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SAPilot said:

Thanks

Take off from TGPZ and fly heading 040.

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-1-15-2021-9-2

• Like 3

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

Nice to see that the water masks are gradually showing up. If I only found a way to get rid of that stutter everytime the "limited by" switches from GPU to CPU, then I'd be finally happy with that sim. 

Hans

18 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Asset wizards will be added to the Project Editor. They will provide a way to create packages without having to manually create or copy asset files.

I thought part of the point was to create your own assets?  Is this more of a world editor type situation?  That'd be great actually.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

22 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Joy for some people here.

It never bothered me much, sure it was weird, but not enough to turn me off from flying, and I rarely saw any where I was flying, mostly because I fly the airliners, so I'm usually too high to seem them.

A working fix has been out for a while....... I posted it other places but never got around to avsim.

https://flightsim.to/file/5167/scenery-glitch-fixes-for-update-1-12-13-0

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

23 hours ago, Clem116 said:

Boring...

Why do you insist on coming here and making a pain of yourself over and over again?

• Like 3

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

23 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

Why do you insist on coming here and making a pain of yourself over and over again?

Excuse me? Am I not allowed to say that the latest dev update was boring? 

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

17 hours ago, hjsmuc said:

Nice to see that the water masks are gradually showing up. If I only found a way to get rid of that stutter everytime the "limited by" switches from GPU to CPU, then I'd be finally happy with that sim. 

Put more workload on your GPU, so that you don’t  give the sim a chance to become momentarily cpu limited by main thread. Try up your renderscale by 10 to begin with. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith

2 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Put more workload on your GPU

Thanks, I played a lot with these settings. No luck. What surprises me, is that the effect appears after patches, but not every time. I had a smooth Alpha and some smooth versions after release. The actual one is very bad again for me. 

• Like 1

Hans

18 hours ago, Clem116 said:

Excuse me? Am I not allowed to say that the latest dev update was boring? 

There's no rules against it as far as I know, but it's really annoying.

You could actually contribute to the thread or explain why it's boring instead of just drive by posting.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2