Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

January 14th, 2021 - Development Update

28 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Trapping of a moderator? Care to expand on what privileges that brings?

ability to delete and/or edit any and all posts at will (and even ban people or stop them from posting for posts said moderator doesn't like).  It gives moderators quite a bit of unequal power compared to 'just a user/member' who may contribute monetarily or by other means.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

24 minutes ago, sightseer said:

ability to delete and/or edit any and all posts at will (and even ban people or stop them from posting for posts said moderator doesn't like).  It gives moderators quite a bit of unequal power compared to 'just a user/member' who may contribute monetarily or by other means.

This is off-topic so this is my only answer. We cannot ban people. That is the preserve of management. We mods are answerable to a higher authority. If I was to hide your post without good reason that would be reversed by management and I would get a warning from them.

The responsibility has to be used in a responsible way.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

*Sigh.....*

And this is why I don't come here or post so much any more.

The simplest things, especially regarding MSFS, turn into fights.

This is supposed to be fun.

• Like 3

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

32 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

*Sigh.....*

And this is why I don't come here or post so much any more.

The simplest things, especially regarding MSFS, turn into fights.

This is supposed to be fun.

Exactly. I have been avoiding these forum too for exact reason. It's toxic. He doesn't have the sim nor the plane and claims it doesn't support speed over the speed of sound.

It doesn't matter if it's a FSX converted or not. What matters is higher speed is supported in the sim.

The original video started at 950 NMPR at statue of liberty (1.5 mach)  and was reduced when it arrived in the building. So your calculation is wrong saying it wasn't 1.5 mach.

Edited by BijanStudio

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

Arghh! Can we just drop the subject of supersonic speed for the time being especially since the last several pages of this thread have covered it extensively. Quite what it has to do with the Jan 14 Update is beyond me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Give people power to really test their personality.

5 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Still no fix for the coastline glitch and the morphing mountains though, and the former has existed since the USA World Update. From the looks of it, it won't be fixed with the UK World Update either since it's in their backlog for now.

How about the other coastline problem that's been there every since the beginning? Namely, lines across the adjoining waterways and where rivers meet oceans.

James

2 hours ago, Phantoms said:

How about the other coastline problem that's been there every since the beginning? Namely, lines across the adjoining waterways and where rivers meet oceans.

Not sure if I'm aware of that one. Can you post a screenshot?

The one that really bothers me is this: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/coastline-glitch-water-creeping-up-coasts-cliffs/328532/

Apparently they've started working on it but it's still on the backlog so it will probably be a long time until it's fixed unfortunately.

• Like 1

Finally, Bijan gets a Tomcat into the sim to match the original video thumbnail 🍻...still has a death wobble at high speed though...and no cockpit with gauges..

The sooner Asobo switch native supersonics on the better, perhaps in the next update?

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

18 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

The one that really bothers me is this: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/coastline-glitch-water-creeping-up-coasts-cliffs/328532/

Apparently they've started working on it but it's still on the backlog so it will probably be a long time until it's fixed unfortunately.

I'm attempting to pretend I don't see this particular malfunction, or it might tend to spoil certain areas to the point that I avoid them.....

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

26 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

I'm attempting to pretend I don't see this particular malfunction, or it might tend to spoil certain areas to the point that I avoid them.....

That's strange, I see it on many coastlines, e.g. in Tuskany yesterday. The thread has quite a number of screenshots. I think that was introduced with a certain update, at least I am pretty sure, early versions didn't sport this "feature".

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

I prefer to fly in mountainous areas along the coastlines, so this glitch and the morphing/shifting terrain have pretty much killed my enjoyment of the simulator and I continue to keep it aside. At higher Terrain LOD settings they seem to be somewhat less apparent so maybe it'd be more tolerable if I could push it further.

And these issues arrive after two months of flickering clouds and unusable weather. Feels like whack-a-mole at this point. I really wish I could revert to an older build and just fly.

39 minutes ago, pmb said:

That's strange, I see it on many coastlines, e.g. in Tuskany yesterday. The thread has quite a number of screenshots. I think that was introduced with a certain update, at least I am pretty sure, early versions didn't sport this "feature".

Coastline glitch came with the USA World Update.

2 hours ago, Phantoms said:

I've had this since the very beginning. No one else see issues like this?

I don't think I've ever seen this before. Here's a quick example of a river meeting the ocean, my screenshot is on the right.

dahlak.jpg

Check out the same area on the Bing Maps app and OpenStreetMap and see if there is something else supposed to be showing instead of those lines, like an undersea tunnel, a bridge or something. If nothing shows up, send a Zendesk report with the co-ordinates.

6 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

I don't think I've ever seen this before. Here's a quick example of a river meeting the ocean, my screenshot is on the right.

dahlak.jpg

This is one of the places that used to have water masks which were then removed in December (or November). I still haven't got a clue as to why they did that. One of my theories was that they got new imagery for the area and that the masks didn't work anymore. However, I coudn't find any clues that would confirm this; the imagery looks exactly the same as before. Very strange.

Here's what it looked like in August:

PZtQZti.jpg

• Like 2

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

5 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

I don't think I've ever seen this before.....

I made a video to show what I'm seeing (and have been since MSFS came out). I started this video along the Georgia/SC coast. I have my graphics set to High-end.

https://youtu.be/7Qa4xKaDMAU

Edited by Phantoms

James