Hi. I bought honey Bravo throttle but I can not configure it.

I´ve tried with fsuipc, fsx config controls and the software from honey.

Someone knows how to configure to a 4 engines?

Regards.

Which simulator?  What can you not get to work?  Did you watch the video?

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

You must watch carefully and make liberal use of the pause key.  He does not mention what he is doing in some steps so you have to watch what he does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHMP5Kj3ebA&list=PL-CM2J7huv9GsJLInEaXS71CKKU_5g3Sl&index=1

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

28 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Which simulator?  What can you not get to work?  Did you watch the video?

Hi. Sorry, I've not mentioned the flight sim. FSX, I fly PMDG 747-8 . Windows 7 .

40 minutes ago, sudqui said:

Hi. Sorry, I've not mentioned the flight sim. FSX, I fly PMDG 747-8 . Windows 7 .

I had to update the video link below.  The earlier link was in error.

I waded through the video and have successfully completed Bravo setup for my GA aircraft in FSX (SE).  Just watch carefully.  Note that under Press-Event and Release-Event there are Conditions, and there are Variables.  Then to create some confusion if you click to expand Conditions and add a condition, there is then a grayed out slider that says "show / hide variable area".  You must slide it to use it, and it only applies in some cases.  That is a totally different "variable area" than the Variables area I mentioned above.  So you must watch what he does in the video very carefully so you learn to distinguish just what he is doing for each button or knob that he sets up.

A couple of days after setting mine up in FSX I went back to change a couple of buttons and had to watch the #$%^%$  video again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHMP5Kj3ebA&list=PL-CM2J7huv9GsJLInEaXS71CKKU_5g3Sl&index=1

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
ASUS 

14 hours ago, fppilot said:

I waded through the video and have successfully completed Bravo setup for my GA aircraft in FSX (SE).  Just watch carefully.  Note that under Press-Event and Release-Event there are Conditions, and there are Variables.  Then to create some confusion if you click to expand Conditions and add a condition, there is then a grayed out slider that says "show / hide variable area".  You must slide it to use it, and it only applies in some cases.  That is a totally different "variable area" than the Variables area I mentioned above.  So you must watch what he does in the video very carefully so you learn to distinguish just what he is doing for each button or knob that he sets up.

A couple of days after setting mine up in FSX I went back to change a couple of buttons and had to watch the #$%^%$  video again.

Hi. I am going to see It.

I Guess It is going to be hard...lol.

Regards

14 hours ago, fppilot said:

Hi, I can not find the way to assign the functions for a 4 levers of throttel. When I press the lever with the mouse, lever 2, it shows a box with 3 options, which one of these I have to choose? lever 2 commercial reverser/GA go around or lever 2 detent or lever 2 goaround?

And then when I choose one of these, the next step is to select conditions...I don't know what to select...

In variables ?????

I only want to configurate 4 levers for throttle an reverses, the rest I can do it with fsuipc..

Regards.

3 hours ago, sudqui said:

Hi, I can not find the way to assign the functions for a 4 levers of throttel. When I press the lever with the mouse, lever 2, it shows a box with 3 options, which one of these I have to choose? lever 2 commercial reverser/GA go around or lever 2 detent or lever 2 goaround?

And then when I choose one of these, the next step is to select conditions...I don't know what to select...

In variables ?????

I only want to configurate 4 levers for throttle an reverses, the rest I can do it with fsuipc..

Regards.

I do not know.  I did not try any four engine configuration.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

The axis must be assigned through Prepar3D, the Configurator is only for the "buttons" and LED.

"Buttons" = flaps, gear, elevator trim, reverse (including full down position of levers...)

Gérard

19 hours ago, gaab said:

The axis must be assigned through Prepar3D, the Configurator is only for the "buttons" and LED.

"Buttons" = flaps, gear, elevator trim, reverse (including full down position of levers...)

Gérard

Hi Gerard. I have fsx. Then with the software from honeycomb is not possible to configure the axis? Only buttons?

Can you Tell me how do you configure reverses with fsuipc? Regards. 

Sudqui.

4 hours ago, sudqui said:

Hi Gerard. I have fsx. Then with the software from honeycomb is not possible to configure the axis? Only buttons?

Can you Tell me how do you configure reverses with fsuipc? Regards. 

Sudqui.

It's the same with FSX. You assign the axis with the simulator and use the Configurator for all the button.

I don't use FSUIPC and I suggest you get a look at the differents profiles at Aerosoft site :https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/category/126-honeycomb-profiles/

Depending of the type of lever, you can look how the reverse are configured in the Twin Otter Extended profile (for GA type lever) or at any PMDG profile for the Commercial levers.

I like the last one which give you the possibility to have "idle reverse" (small reverse levers) and "full reverse" when moving down the levers below the detent point.

You better view content of the profile with an editor to get the concept... But if you are used to FSUIPC, you should find "easily" your way 😉

I can share that particular part off a profile I built for TurboProp using the commercial levers.

Gérard

4 hours ago, gaab said:

It's the same with FSX. You assign the axis with the simulator and use the Configurator for all the button.

I don't use FSUIPC and I suggest you get a look at the differents profiles at Aerosoft site :https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/category/126-honeycomb-profiles/

Depending of the type of lever, you can look how the reverse are configured in the Twin Otter Extended profile (for GA type lever) or at any PMDG profile for the Commercial levers.

I like the last one which give you the possibility to have "idle reverse" (small reverse levers) and "full reverse" when moving down the levers below the detent point.

You better view content of the profile with an editor to get the concept... But if you are used to FSUIPC, you should find "easily" your way 😉

I can share that particular part off a profile I built for TurboProp using the commercial levers.

Gérard

Thanks Gerard. I'm going to take a look. I would like to have your profile for turbo prop. What kind of turbo prop do you have? And from what development? Regards.

Sudqui El Garady Gutiérrez

To help you read (and latter configure your TQ), this what you will find in the "PMDG_747QOTSII_Throttle.json" profile at Aerosoft

The idea is (for Engine 1 of a 4 engine jet)
1 - when rising the small reverser lever = PressEvent Button 8
   - set a variable (INT:REV_0) to true : the reverse is on
   - set "K:AXIS_THROTTLE_REVERSER1_SET" to -14000 = idle reverse
2 - when closing the small reverse lever = ReleaseEvent Button 8
   - reset (INT:REV_0) to false
   - K:THROTTLE1_CUT
3 - when moving the throttle lever further down when in reverse mode (INT:REV_0 true) = PressEvent Button 25
   - set "K:AXIS_THROTTLE_REVERSER1_SET" to 16383 = max reverse

I have added this 4th action to allow to return to Reverse idle (not in the original profile)
4 - going back to idle when in reverse mode (INT:REV_0 true) = ReleaseEvent Button 25

I am not sure that sending you a customized profile is the right approach. It is tailored for a vintage freeware 4 engines TurboProp and cannot be reused as such.

Gérard

On 19/1/2021 at 12:13 AM, gaab said:

To help you read (and latter configure your TQ), this what you will find in the "PMDG_747QOTSII_Throttle.json" profile at Aerosoft

The idea is (for Engine 1 of a 4 engine jet)
1 - when rising the small reverser lever = PressEvent Button 8
   - set a variable (INT:REV_0) to true : the reverse is on
2 - when closing the small reverse lever = ReleaseEvent Button 8
   - reset (INT:REV_0) to false
   - K:THROTTLE1_CUT
3 - when moving the throttle lever further down when in reverse mode (INT:REV_0 true) = PressEvent Button 25
   - set "K:AXIS_THROTTLE_REVERSER1_SET" to 16383 = max reverse

I have added this 4th action to allow to return to Reverse idle (not in the original profile)
4 - going back to idle when in reverse mode (INT:REV_0 true) = ReleaseEvent Button 25

I am not sure that sending you a customized profile is the right approach. It is tailored for a vintage freeware 4 engines TurboProp and cannot be reused as such.

Gérard

Hi. I've got the solution finally.

What I have done using FSUIPC6 (P3dv5)to solve this is as follows:

1. Raising the Reverser lever (the small lever attached to the throttle lever) activates F2 in the sim. Make it a continuouse action.
  2. Releasing the same activates F1 in the sim.

This is working...

sudqui.