Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

KATL 28

28 is missing its runway edge lights anything I can do to add them myself? I have the Premimum version of MSFS and its a handcrafted airport that I'd like to use very often,

thanks

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

any body know if I can manually add them?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

To get proper runway lights you'd need to add a new runway. 

The developer kit lets you create a new airport at the same site but keep anything you want that was there before. You delete what you want to get rid of and everything else stays. 

In this case you'd need to replace all the runways. You can't get rid of just one on its own. 

The quicker alternative would be to keep everything and add a lightrow on top, but they're not very visible and a bit glitchy too. 

43 minutes ago, superspud said:

To get proper runway lights you'd need to add a new runway. 

The developer kit lets you create a new airport at the same site but keep anything you want that was there before. You delete what you want to get rid of and everything else stays. 

In this case you'd need to replace all the runways. You can't get rid of just one on its own. 

The quicker alternative would be to keep everything and add a lightrow on top, but they're not very visible and a bit glitchy too. 

Thsnks i guess i could complain to Asobo but its probably not worth it. 

Ron Hamilton

With some familiarity it would only take you 30-60 minutes in total. The main problem would be finding a matching texture. I'm not sure whether they're custom made ones there or not. 

Edited by superspud

2 hours ago, superspud said:

With some familiarity it would only take you 30-60 minutes in total. The main problem would be finding a matching texture. I'm not sure whether they're custom made ones there or not. 

I have zero experience with this stuff 

Ron Hamilton

That's a project file ready with a new airport, the runways removed, and everything else still present - https://www.mediafire.com/file/v2vhs6cmoh1oj52/Atlanta.zip/file

Re add the runways as you want them and build the package and it'll be ready. The worst that'll happen is that you break it and have to start again. 

It's not too mind bending to get rolling and everyone has to start somewhere. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, superspud said:

That's a project file ready with a new airport, the runways removed, and everything else still present - https://www.mediafire.com/file/v2vhs6cmoh1oj52/Atlanta.zip/file

Re add the runways as you want them and build the package and it'll be ready. The worst that'll happen is that you break it and have to start again. 

It's not too mind bending to get rolling and everyone has to start somewhere. 

Thanks a lot. Where do I find the tools to do this? 

Ron Hamilton

Start developer mode in the sim options. When the black menu appears at the top click on help on the far right and click on SDK installer. It should download it. 

Install it. Start the sim again. Go to Atlanta. Click on devmode at the top left. Click on open project. Open the myproject file in the Atlanta folder and you should be rolling. 

2 hours ago, superspud said:

Start developer mode in the sim options. When the black menu appears at the top click on help on the far right and click on SDK installer. It should download it. 

Install it. Start the sim again. Go to Atlanta. Click on devmode at the top left. Click on open project. Open the myproject file in the Atlanta folder and you should be rolling. 

Ssick, Thanks! 

Ron Hamilton

Oh, and you also need to delete the runway starts in the airport's properties or it'll get confused. You have to make new ones. 

Right click on the airport in the scenery editor window and open properties. Somewhere down the bottom there is a delete menu. Open that up and tick the starts box.