Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

The Ground Staff Is Suicidal

Yes, they are becoming annoying - I have to keep driving through them.

If they are going to do this, Asobo should at least provide a splatter effect and a rag to clean your prop or nose cone afterwards.  No chance of that though I suppose - oh well - back to Cyberpunk for that kind of thing...

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 5

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Things like this - and vehicles in your path - are a minor annoyance, but really should have been fixed. I'm no programmer, but couldn't they just be coded with a 'collision bubble' round them, such that they would detect your presence and move away before contact? For example, in Forza Horizon 4, you can't actually drive into the wildlife (sheep, deer etc), it just gets out of your way in time. If the 'bubble' was big enough, people and vehicles could just move at a realistic speed out of your way before you reach them.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Sucked a few into the engines on the A320. they have this habit of walking up to a starting engine...

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Yes their prop awareness is seriously low, need to have a word with the occupational health and safety committee at some of these airports as ramp safety training seems to be lacking.

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Yeah, they're AI is terrible, as it is in most flight sims. I've long since stopped seeing and avoiding them and instead just ignore them and if that means driving over them or through them, then that is what I do.

As 109 says though, it surely can't be too difficult to have them with a collision detection bubble around them which triggers them moving out of the way, I mean, even I can make that happen in a simple flash game for chrissakes, and I'm probably the worst programmer on the planet.

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Another nuisance I find is when I'm marshalled into my parking spot, perfectly lined up, the marshal crosses their 'glow sticks' and promptly signals me to turn right at the moment I engage the parking brake. Happens so often!🤨 

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

I'm fighting with those yellow pushbackers and with trucks driving along taxi lines as well. There may be a topic for the forthcoming Q&A already, I'll check later on this to vote. Otherwise this would be a good time to make a new one to ask Mr. Neumann and his friends when they will start taming them.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

They disappeared altogether - when requesting pushback keep getting some 'unavailable' response....

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

14 minutes ago, tyrodes said:

Arrrgh! Can. not. unsee.😲

• Like 1

Posted this a while back.....he kept waving me in even though my spinner was almost on his chest.  Suggested they are all just adrenalin junkies and have a bet to see who can taxi a spinning prop closest to their chest without becoming minced beef . 😲

V2ec8J.jpg

• Like 5

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

It`s not quite the same, but this did also make me laugh:

https://youtu.be/JWHqXYUeNMI?t=370

9 hours ago, Car147 said:

Sucked a few into the engines on the A320. they have this habit of walking up to a starting engine...

This thread made my day! 🤣

• Like 2

Alexander Colka