Sign in to follow this  
Bosco19

A New Guy Worth Watching

In case you missed it - there’s a new and interesting guy on the Tube - MISSIONARY BUSH PILOT. He flies the Cessna 208, mostly in Papua New Guinea, and talk about a full immersion in short-field bush flying! Plus, it has inspired me to explore that part of the planet myself. One of my current favorites is not far from there - New Zealand. The vids are well done and very professional-looking. He, sometimes with a copilot, streams through a complex and harried cockpit routine on every flight - oftentimes for destinations less than 10 miles away. It does illustrate why it’s so difficult to fly these Garmin panels in the sim. Their hands dart and flit between knobs and buttons with such speed - you could only dream of matching them, trying to center your mouse cursor over a knob on the panel and getting it to turn in the right direction. If it took this guy that long to do it, he would soon be planted into a nearby hillside. The only other issue for me...is really due to the Tube and their unconscionable method of trying to extort you into paying them monthly - by interrupting a 15 minute video four times with advertising. The Bush Pilot is Patreon sponsored, and, unfortunately that seems to incur more frequent ads. The Bush Pilot is very aware that a lot of simmers are attracted to his stuff and continuously refers to us. Give it a shot. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Intel i7-11700K@3.60 GHZ. 32 GB RTX 4070 Ti OC

Yes, I've already watched this one. Pretty good stuff and certainly gives you ideas of places to visit.👍

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Cool, but he's not new.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

2 hours ago, Bosco19 said:

Tube and their unconscionable method of trying to extort you into paying them monthly - by interrupting a 15 minute video four times with advertising..

Considering all of the videos I watch, the $11.99 I spend on YouTube Premium every month is well worth it. I forgot they had commercials.

Edited by desbean

11 minutes ago, desbean said:

Considering all of the videos I watch, the $11.99 I spend on YouTube Premium every month is well worth it. I forgot they had commercials.

I use an Add blocker and Utube enhancer.  All free, no more adds.

Edited by Romeo_Tango

Robin

2 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

If you refer to this guy 

https://www.youtube.com/user/NTMApilot

Then he flies Quest Kodiak 100 notCessna  208! I've been watching him for while, pretty cool ops

Not familiar. Is it a mod of the 208?

I also have watched him for along time... not new...and as mentioned he flies a Quest Kodiak. It is pretty wild flying! Fun to replicate in the sim... too bad the 208 is such a dud. 

AAH! No wonder...It's a Daher product! Details on the web site show some of the differences well. Very similar planform though. Begs the question - which came first? I'm sure there's a price difference too!

Too bad the panel controls are such a dog in MSFS too! Wish we had the option to represent a rotatable knob with a key - hold it - and use the scroll wheel to manipulate instead of having to point at the knob on-screen (at least I have yet to find a way of doing so).

12 minutes ago, Bosco19 said:

AAH! No wonder...It's a Daher product! Details on the web site show some of the differences well. Very similar planform though. Begs the question - which came first? I'm sure there's a price difference too!

There is super good Quest Kodiak from Thundra for XP11. I wish we have same quality add on here in MSFS

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I have been subscribed to him for a while. His habit of talking through his checklists out loud (which he apparently does even when not filming) combined with his general banter about PNG makes for a very entertaining half hour or so.  I have no idea how he understands the ATC sometimes though.

As for the Quest Kodiak, it is almost the "go to" aircraft these days in PNG they are everywhere up there.

It ain't the Kodiak - but I've been flying the 208 a lot. Kinda like a bush plane with some decent speed, if you're flying middling distances. I'm staying vanilla in MSFS for now. No 3rd party add-ons til' things settle in a bit more. If someone comes out with a good Kodiak model, I'm game though.