Sign in to follow this  
aero943

Logitech G X52 Pro Flight Control System

I am looking to buy this controller. Any pros and cons? Is it ready to use without initial manual configuring?

ASUS, Intel® Core™ i7-7700K, CPU 4.8GHz, NVIDIA GTX 1080Ti 11GB, 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD + 2TB HDD, ASUS 43" PG43UQ Monitor G-SYNC, LG UltraGear 27" GN850 G-SYNC

I have the X52 but not the G.  Don't know what the difference is.  I have only one complaint.  After a while the spring on the joystick gets tough to move sideways and forward and backward. Wrist gets sore.  I wired the spring tighter to make the joystick easier to move in all directions.  Might not be able to get gaming software for the one I have.  May need the G. When not in use I keep the plastic over all of it to keep dust out.

Jim

CYWG

It's a pretty good controller, I have the original Saitek version, by that I mean really an original from the year they were released in the early 2000's.  Still works though many axes have had to have some serious deadzone adjustment due to degrading sensors.  As far as software, Logitech has take over it, and you can just use the software on Logitech's site whether the X52 is the Logitech branded G series or an original Saitek.  The bonus is now there's no longer the silly workarounds needed to install non-certified drivers in windows like used to be needed  with the Saitek/Madcatz programming software/driver pack.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro