Sign in to follow this  
PIC007

Just not the same

On 1/16/2021 at 8:00 PM, environmental_ice said:

I miss FSPassengers which I think we can all accept will never happen again even from another developer at this point

What? There are already several economy-style passenger plugins for MSFS...

• Like 2

23 hours ago, FPStewy said:

Why oh Why did they choose NavBlu over Navigraph is a head-scratcher I won't understand anytime soon.

Navigraph has nav data for MSFS though. NavBlue provides good data - it’s just that the interpretation / implementation of the use of the data is flawed. You can tell because Working Title created their own flight plan manager and it works great and has no issues with missing waypoints / procedures.

1 hour ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

In December I picked up a Zotac twin OC 3070 here on special for $600 US before

Though, to be honest at this point you are potentially better off saving a hundred more dollars or whatever it takes and getting the 16GB version of the 3070 when it eventually comes out in 3 or 4 months.

I suspect that would be the super.  More waiting sigh.

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

1 hour ago, FlyingInACessna said:

What? There are already several economy-style passenger plugins for MSFS...

programs have been made that have parts of FSPassengers but nothing with them altogether in one single program. If you wanted aircraft failures, passenger simulation while still being able to manage your own airline you would have to run 3 different programs together (Air Hauler, PACX, FSCaptain) 

35 minutes ago, environmental_ice said:

programs have been made that have parts of FSPassengers but nothing with them altogether in one single program. If you wanted aircraft failures, passenger simulation while still being able to manage your own airline you would have to run 3 different programs together (Air Hauler, PACX, FSCaptain) 

Fair enough. But that doesn’t mean a solution won’t come... we’ve already seen a plethora of these types of things created so far. Maybe ask the developers of one of these programs if they’d consider going that route.

If you feel that MSFS currently doesn't meet your needs, there are plenty of other choices. It's like a vegetarian complaining that Joe's Outback Steakhouse only has a limited selection of veggie dishes. 

And to all the folks saying that MSFS shouldn't have released a "beta version", please, if PMDG were to release a "beta version" of their 737NG for MSFS and charge full price, folks would be all over it like white on rice. 

• Like 2

I started up P3D a fews days back but I do not think I can go back for regular flying there. I think I will uninstall most of the ORBX scenery add-ons in the next weeks and keep it plain and simple just for stable airliner operations until these planes have worthy substitutes in MSF. 

Besides Airliners (which also bored me the last years a bit) there is nothing in P3D that would convince me to stay at the moment tbh. 

X-Plane is something different as it performs well, has lot less issues than P3D (at least on my system) and it can keep up in a lot of aspects. And I still enjoy the FF A320 now and then. 

MSF is great for exploring in GA and the VR implementation works best of all three (for me at least) although X-Plane is quite close after Vulkan update. I also like the default GA planes and the feel of movement to them. Not perfect and the systems (especially autopilots) are still way off what we get in the other sims, but as I said earlier, those are default planes and for that they do an amazing job. 

I hope they will get the SDK updates running so that 3rd Party Devs can start developing their toys into MSF. I think once this is done and the first study-level planes will be released, and helicopters will be included, MSF will also start winning over the hearts of most simmers out there. 

You're not the same,
You've changed,
I don't need you anyway,
You're not the Simulator that I believed in yesterdaaaaaay

-Bodyjar

(sorry thread title reminded me of that fantastic song!)

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Sorry I will be honest here but, it is somehow getting tiring having the same topics again and again. I mean everyone is free to choose whatever they like, but having these discussions again somewhat is pointless with the same point from both sides and same content. Just sayin'

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

If you look carefully one can see negative threads have the highest activity regarding:

-a: the amount of posts in general

-b: the shortest time they have been posted

Only scenery and update threads are on pair and guess what how much of them do contain critics?

Isn`t that funny.

I remember when no one wanted to leave FS98 for FS2000.  In that case maybe it was warranted.

bs

• Like 2

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

On 1/17/2021 at 3:49 AM, Chock said:

We're traditionally always disappointed with the shiny new sim in its first few months of release. FSX took a very long time to get good, and didn't really mature as a base sim until Dovetail tarted it up in 2014, which was eight years after it first came out. It was ten years before the FSL A320 came out for FSX and it was five years after the release of FSX that the iFly 737 NG came out for it and a month or two after that when PMDG managed to get their NG out for it.

P3D was hardly worth bothering with at all until three versions in if you already had FSX unless you added a bunch of DX10 payware add-ons for cloud shadows etc, and XPlane was basically awful for high quality realistic and complex add-ons until MS announced they'd stop making flight sim in 2009, whereupon developers started looking at it as the possible lifeline for add-on sim stuff before P3D really took off, and that was with version ten of XPlane. Not forgetting Aerofly FS2, which even now still lacks a lot of basic functions.

Conversely, we're a few weeks away from getting a CRJ for MSFS. This will be about six months after its release, but this is practically a ballistic rate of progress compared to all of the aforementioned stuff.

I'm not disappointed with MSFS at all, because I can remember all that preceding stuff, and all the stuff before it with the first version of flight sim etc. Asobo is going great guns with progress by comparison. We're just not bothering to remember how tectonically slow it has been for all preceding sims. And if anyone thinks Aces didn't @rse up the patches for FSX, then they've got a pretty short memory and a pair of Ray Bans with pink lenses firmly balanced on their nose. I won't deny that there have been some dodgy moments with patches for MSFS, but the truth is, Asobo is sussing it out pretty quickly and in most cases they sort problematic stuff out after a couple of weeks with another patch, which is particularly impressive given that they are working on all this during the middle of the zombie apocalypse and obviously were under pressure to release it early.

So yeah, it is not the same, it's actually much better than all previous efforts. Would I like a DC-3 and a 737 etc for MSFS right now? Of course I would, but I can guarantee you they'll be in my MSFS hangar a lot quicker than they were for any other flight sim, and when they are, they'll sound better, look better, fly better and run better than they ever would or could in any other sim

Some developers might be crying about having to wait a while to turn on their cash cow for MSFS whilst they await an SDK, but I'm unlikely to shed too many tears for them when they've been driving around in nice cars that I helped to pay for over the past two decades. They've done alright out of us lot thus far, and it won't be long before they'll be doing it all again. And for once it will be in a sim where you don't need to sell a kidney to be able to afford a super-computer which can just about manage 20 FPS the moment it sniffs an add-on aeroplane on your hard drive.

I dont often pipe up with threads like this. It simply opens up a can of worms. The whole my dad is better than your dad.

This has to be one of the best responses I have read in some time. I just had to throw that in and say how bang on the money you are my fellow countryman.

• Like 1

10 sets of faults for another 10 sets of faults there is always a compromise get over it and fly what you like.

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

4 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

Sorry I will be honest here but, it is somehow getting tiring having the same topics again and again. I mean everyone is free to choose whatever they like, but having these discussions again somewhat is pointless with the same point from both sides and same content. Just sayin'

Perhaps they keep appearing after updates and little widening of the gaps.  I am flying in both MSFS and FSX SE and I am finding gaps that then determine which I fly based on flight conditions, airport accuracy, avionics reliability, and even length of flight. 

Each of my last three MSFS flights have been interrupted by avionics freeze ups (twice) or overcooked icing conditions (once) (the two were not related LOL).  I have learned that I can still save an MSFS flight after finding the avionics have frozen up, and then reload.  But I lose my flight plan in the process, as well as the time to recover.  What a hassle.  And on the occasions where I cannot recover from a mid flight issue, I lose all of the time spent.  I fly a deliberate charter schedule based on sports team schedules and I am serious about staying on schedule.  The flights average just under two hours.  Currently I am better off starting and completing the flights in FSX SE where I will not lose the time invested. 

I am back to VFR scenery excursions and shorter $100 Hamburger or Pancake runs in MSFS.

Yes, I am using the latest WT G1000 mod.  Also using the new GA model icing related mod, but it is not working on all MSFS GA models.

Yes, in SE I am using REX 16 textures, AS16 for weather, RXP for avionics and navdata, and also enjoying accurate ATIS/AWOS.  None are equaled yet in MSFS.  And my Realair Turbine Duke V2, and Milvix 310R and Baron B55 are all flawless.

I am planning a month-long Caribbean excursion with daily island hops with MSFS and have planned on the 208 Caravan.  Interrupted flights will get me right back to SE.  No question about that.

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere