Sign in to follow this  
psolk

A different type of sim...

So just finished my race "sim rig" donwstairs.  I keep my FS rig and racing rig completely different so this is dedicated to nothing but racing.  I liked the 49 inch ultrawide so much I got one for both my sim rigs though.  Immensely immersive! 

It's a trakracerTR80 80/20 rig with the center console and door panel from my real car, Simucube2 DirectDrive Wheel and Heuskinveld pedals...   Any other sim racers in here?

IMG_20210116_160137662_HDR.jpg?width=1075&height=806

IMG_20210116_160149164_HDR.jpg?width=604&height=806

IMG_20210116_160251704_HDR.jpg?width=1075&height=806

IMG_20210116_160302135_HDR.jpg?width=1075&height=806

IMG_20210116_160321854_HDR.jpg?width=1075&height=806

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Congrats, a very beautiful and also functional setup. I can easily spend all my day there.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

17 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Congrats, a very beautiful and also functional setup. I can easily spend all my day there.

Cheers, Ed

Thanks much Ed, greatly appreciated!  We've started doing team enduros now so you can literally be sitting there for hours. That's my original race seat before I went to a halo seat so it's custom formed to my spine.  It is comfy but not many other people have a butt small enough to fit in it LOL  

The uptick in sim racing adoption over the past 12 months has been mind blowing!  I now use P3D to do my long haul simulated flights to the track, MSFS2020 to do a VFR overfly of the track then go downstairs and hop in the race sim.  Just landed in MCO for a Daytona race and took MSFS up the FL coast to Daytona.  Race is later today.  I'm checking in to my virtual hotel now 🤣 

Edited by psolk
  • Like 2

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

I raced online in Assetto Corsa on and off for four years between 2014 and 2018, and for a very short time again last year. Unfortunately, nobody seems to want to race the road cars, and I get bored very quickly with high downforce race cars. Prior to that, I raced in GT Legends and the Power & Glory 3 mod for GTR2 (including online leagues; I even organised one or two myself). Good times, but I decided that it was not in my best interest to carry on racing when I was being forced to drive cars online that did not interest me, so I packed the Logitech G27 wheel away again a few months ago.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The new Assetto Corssa ACC Assetto Corsa Competizione is really impressive...  Wow, GT Legends, that brings back memories!  You should bust out the wheel and try ACC and iRacing.  iRacing online events are a blast.  Porsche has their own sim league now on iRacing which I am one of the slower members but they have announcers, organized events and it's not uncommon to jump into a race and find a pro driver or two!  This was the Porsche US vs GB challenge from last summer... 

Check out how realistic the broadcast is, it's so cool...  I actually finish the race then go watch the broadcast LOL

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

I remember winning a league race at Road America in GT Legends. We were racing the GTC76 cars that week, and I was driving the big block Corvette. The race was around 60 minutes in length, and that Corvette was a tricky car to handle. I had a great battle with a Capri RS3100 driver over the last ten laps, and just managed to keep him at bay to take the win by three seconds. Those races were great back then, as we regularly had up to 25 drivers on the grid for each race. That was part of the NoGrip league.

• Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I also, used to use GT Legends...primarily for the Porsche 914-6. For the last year, I've been completing my real life 914-6 GT replica for the street (with a 2.7L flat six).

Watching that sim video link above certainly brings sim racing to an all new level...awesome. Congratulations on your gaming rig as well!

• Like 1

Holy Guacamole! 

My late wife, RIP, would have just loved that set-up - and I would have probably been sleeping in the backyard😒 

• Like 2

Need For Speed addict here. I still have the original NFS CD, and all the others too. Anyone else remember the plane and temple from Shangri La up in the mountains, in one of the early NFS ?

Steering wheel is stashed though, I have room for the HOTAS, or the wheel. The HOTAS won. I use an X box controller for racing now.

Sue

• Like 1

On 1/17/2021 at 12:47 PM, psolk said:

but not many other people have a butt small enough to fit in it LOL

...and with a few words, Paul calls us all fat! :laugh: just kidding! I'm only jealous of your setup - my steering wheel and pedals only get plugged into my PC for a session of Truck Simulator (an excellent use of an ancient MS FF sidewinder wheel IMO). I used to spend quite a bit of time on Forza 3 on my XBOX, but didn't do so much online racing, preferring to customise my cars and race the AI. 

An excellent use of a custom bespoke seat which I assume you would not have had any other use for, not to mention the added real car panels from your own car!🍻

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I'm a sim racer, a rather casual one while had reallife race license....

My main interests is on FWD touring cars, like the NGTC Civic in rF2,  but I hate R3E for microtransaction... I had hard time to get use to RWD GTs, but just by fall in love with 2017 Ford GT's appearances, now I do some GT racing, quite enjoyable with ACC's GT4 and recently love AMS2's GT1 (Big fan on Mclaren F1 before FGT)

Still, very bad on any formula car or over powered prototypes.... like +6~8s from WR...

But never mind, I had minutes away from WR in rally titles like DR2 and RBR... although I do enjoy RBR+NGP...

My rig is just a normal desk with 5 monitor, for all my hobby, as I use side stick, wheel is made removable for easy conversion, but still, changing pedal set take some efforts, but still could be done in like 1 min.

Another side effect is with so many controllers connected in, some old or "arcade" game not functional well....

I have a VKB gunfighter; Saitek Quadrant; G27 whieel; TCA throttle; TFRP; TCA Throttle and T-LCM pedal set, with a MMjoy based MCP panel and a vJoy, plus a TrackIR5...

G27's H shifter is quite handy for landing gear lever... especially for Boeing to have a OFF position....

A arcade fighter joystick hook to my MCP panel for Flaps and  sequential shifter..., also the VKB joystick could be use as hand brake or shifter in some game...

Hardly find any use for throttle Quadrant in racing game, but sometimes use as automatic shifter in Truck sim.  Boeing style MCP panel is quite handy for a "button box" for most other sims though.

• Upvote 1