Sign in to follow this  
PTI139

Import a flightplan before launching a flight

You load your flight plan

zoom the view in till you see the runway lay out and the "dots" this should show you the lay out of the gates.

Your should then be able to match a "dot" with the gate you want with the chart, if the airport your using gates does not match the charts gate numbers.

Roll mouse over the "dot" gate that matchers the one you want even if its a different number to the chart, then use the drop down window to choose that gate.

Done.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

15 hours ago, edpatino said:

By the way, asked FSTramp support for assistance and it seems they do not exist.

Very weird.
I had an issue with FSTramp last week (not importing Simbrief flight plans) and the answer was immediate.
Anyway, if you don't get assistance from the dev, don't hesitate to ask me, Ed.
I'll be glad to help, if I can.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

2 hours ago, David Roch said:

Very weird.
I had an issue with FSTramp last week (not importing Simbrief flight plans) and the answer was immediate.
Anyway, if you don't get assistance from the dev, don't hesitate to ask me, Ed.
I'll be glad to help, if I can.

Hi David, thanks.

I e-mailed them on Dec. 10, 2020 and again two days later. No answer yet, so I gave up. Unfortunate, I hoped a lot more assistance from the developer.

I asked them about details on how to create a flightplan from FSTramp and integrate it to MSFS. If you look at the FSTramp manual, there's not too much being said about the use of FSTramp with MSFS. In fact in all the 22 pages of the FSTramp manual there's only three mentions to MSFS and about nothing said about its use/integration with FSTramp.

My specific inquiry was to have a suggested workflow for using FSTramp with MSFS, i.e., like the steps needed, in detail. I find annoying that after creating a flightplan in FSTramp (something you can do now from outside MSFS, because FSTramp is an .exe, and not a .dll module when you use it with MSFS), such flightplan is only partially read by MSFS when you load the flightplan in the sim (Load/Save button) in the corresponding window (the one where you select the departing and arriving airport, aircraft, time, aircraft and weather, etc.). So, at the end you practically finish up using the internal MSFS flightplanner, instead of FSTramp, which is not the intention.

If you need more info or if you feel you can help, please send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll copy you the e-mail sent to FSTramp support with the original questions and details. Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

4 hours ago, Nyxx said:

You load your flight plan

zoom the view in till you see the runway lay out and the "dots" this should show you the lay out of the gates.

Your should then be able to match a "dot" with the gate you want with the chart, if the airport your using gates does not match the charts gate numbers.

Roll mouse over the "dot" gate that matchers the one you want even if its a different number to the chart, then use the drop down window to choose that gate.

Done.

OK, thanks, Penny' s dropped. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edpatino said:

Hi David, thanks.

I e-mailed them on Dec. 10, 2020 and again two days later. No answer yet, so I gave up. Unfortunate, I hoped a lot more assistance from the developer.

I asked them about details on how to create a flightplan from FSTramp and integrate it to MSFS. If you look at the FSTramp manual, there's not too much being said about the use of FSTramp with MSFS. In fact in all the 22 pages of the FSTramp manual there's only three mentions to MSFS and about nothing said about its use/integration with FSTramp.

My specific inquiry was to have a suggested workflow for using FSTramp with MSFS, i.e., like the steps needed, in detail. I find annoying that after creating a flightplan in FSTramp (something you can do now from outside MSFS, because FSTramp is an .exe, and not a .dll module when you use it with MSFS), such flightplan is only partially read by MSFS when you load the flightplan in the sim (Load/Save button) in the corresponding window (the one where you select the departing and arriving airport, aircraft, time, aircraft and weather, etc.). So, at the end you practically finish up using the internal MSFS flightplanner, instead of FSTramp, which is not the intention.

If you need more info or if you feel you can help, please send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll copy you the e-mail sent to FSTramp support with the original questions and details. Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Ed

Hello Ed,

SIDs/STARs and APPRs are not imported from FSTramp.
And I believe this is an MSFS limitation.
But all enroute waypoints should be correctly loaded.

Here is a flightplan created with FST.

LUdNa3.png

As you can see there is no need for editing the MSFS flightplan which 100% matches the original.
Then, you just add the SID/STAR associated with your flightplan from the "Departures"/"Arrivals" list.
Now if you wish, you can just save the "new" plan with the departure/arrival data within MSFS, so you can use it directly instead of loading FSTramp's one.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

18 minutes ago, David Roch said:

Hello Ed,

SIDs/STARs and APPRs are not imported from FSTramp.
And I believe this is an MSFS limitation.
But all enroute waypoints should be correctly loaded.

Here is a flightplan created with FST.

LUdNa3.png

As you can see there is no need for editing the MSFS flightplan which 100% matches the original.
Then, you just add the SID/STAR associated with your flightplan from the "Departures"/"Arrivals" list.
Now if you wish, you can just save the "new" plan with the departure/arrival data within MSFS, so you can use it directly instead of loading FSTramp's one.

Hi Dave:

Thanks for sending your flightplan and taking your time.

I still see many (almost all) enroute waypoints not being actually imported by MSFS from FST (please look at the missing Intersections). That's one of the issues I'm not satisfied with. I know the SID/STAR are not actually imported (as you said, probably a limitation by MSFS), but as I said before there're too many waypoints still missing.

The other issue (the most important one to me) is that after that process, the SID/STAR menus are not selectable anymore from the MSFS interface, only (DIRECT or AUTOMATIC). Check for yourself and you'll see my point.

I'll be back in some hours and will check your flightplan here and will send you a note with my observations.

Thanks so much, Ed

Edited by edpatino

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

2 hours ago, edpatino said:

I still see many (almost all) enroute waypoints not being actually imported by MSFS from FST (please look at the missing Intersections). That's one of the issues I'm not satisfied with. I know the SID/STAR are not actually imported (as you said, probably a limitation by MSFS), but as I said before there're too many waypoints still missing.

Hi David:

Sorry for that initial statement. I'm able to get all the waypoints imported from FST into MSFS, so no problem in that regard.

But once I get into the initial MSFS screen with the intended flightplan already loaded up, as you show, and if I want to select the SID for Orly depart  runway 24, MONO7S or MONO8S in this case, my flightplan gets re-done by MSFS from scratch. That's why I've asked FST support to issue a workflow or a step-by-step procedure, for a proper integration of MSFS with FST (without answer).

Maybe if you have some time available you could send me a step-by-step procedure to continue using the flightplan from FST into MSFS and properly select the SID (and STAR) and also the IFR (high or low altitude) from the MSFS menus without changing the initial FST plan. So far, I'm not really able to do it, without repeating the process but from inside MSFS.

Thanks, Ed

Cheers, Ed

Hi Ed,

Sorry for the late reply.
You are absolutely right, and I didn't notice this behavior because I never add the SID/STARs into MSFS flightplan but later on, when receiving ATC instructions.
It seems to be a serious issue, and unfortunately I have no solution.

But actually, I don't use FST as a flight planner tool but rather as a moving map with nav data.
I use Simbrief for flight planning, then import the PLN file into FST and MSFS.
As you can see in this new flightplan from LFPO to LSGG, all waypoints are strictly identical, including departure and approach.
t6eugx.png

If you are not familiar with Simbrief, no worries, it is a very simple and intuitive tool as well as a serious flight planner, and you'll adopt it very quickly.

Best regards,
David Roch

10 hours ago, David Roch said:

If you are not familiar with Simbrief, no worries, it is a very simple and intuitive tool as well as a serious flight planner, and you'll adopt it very quickly.

Hi David:

Thanks for your response.

Yes, I'm familiar with Simbrief, have an account there, as I used it in the past with P3D. I'll try Simbrief instead of FST, looking for a more reliable and consistent flightplanner and will try to follow your procedure.

Thanks for your comments, it certainly helped.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

I am using Skyvector to define a route; pasting that flight plan line into the LittleNavMap "flight plan from route description" feature; adding the departure and destination airports; having LNM read that route description to construct the flight plan, then saving that as an MSFS 2020 .pln file.  Then I load that into MSFS and watch as MSFS screws up the flight plan.  Then I attempt to manually edit the flight plan, only to see MSFS add my waypoints in the wrong sequence.  I then delete existing waypoints and repeat the process until I finally, after much frustration, establish the flight plan I had attempted to get MSFS to digest from LNM.  It is not at all the fault of LNM.  Its in MSFS that it is happening.

It all throws me back to my childhood and the game "pick up sticks.  Follow this lead to understand: (click the link)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ-z7-PrWx8

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

6 hours ago, fppilot said:

I am using Skyvector to define a route; pasting that flight plan line into the LittleNavMap "flight plan from route description" feature; adding the departure and destination airports; having LNM read that route description to construct the flight plan, then saving that as an MSFS 2020 .pln file.  Then I load that into MSFS and watch as MSFS screws up the flight plan.  Then I attempt to manually edit the flight plan, only to see MSFS add my waypoints in the wrong sequence.  I then delete existing waypoints and repeat the process until I finally, after much frustration, establish the flight plan I had attempted to get MSFS to digest from LNM.  It is not at all the fault of LNM.  Its in MSFS that it is happening.

It all throws me back to my childhood and the game "pick up sticks.  Follow this lead to understand: (click the link)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ-z7-PrWx8

That sounds in fact very familiar to what is happening to me. Tried the procedure also with Simbrief and MSFS behaves the same way as with FSTramp. Maybe this is the way MSFS is working, maybe it has also to do with using different AIRAC cycles or Navdata information between MSFS and FSTeamp, Simbrief or LNM in your case. Obviously something’s not right.

Maybe we should try the sticks game to learn how to gain patience and more tolerance. Good analogy.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

Maybe this is the wrong topic, but I have a somewhat similar problem with the WT A320NX. I make a Simbrief flight plan and then load the aircraft up at a gate.  In following several You-Tube posts I go to MCDU Menu and start down the Options list to "Init Data Req" which "supposedly" loads the OPF with Flight Plan. It does not.  If I Load the Flight Plan from the beginning world map, it does get entered.  Why not from the "Init Data Req" ?

Dave Hinson

1 hour ago, DaveH said:

WT A320NX

Do you mean the FlyByWire A320?, or the WT Citation CJ4?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

I have no similar problem with the CJ4.

Dave