Sign in to follow this  
Spit40

Electronic Flight Bag for VR (WIP)

8 minutes ago, Spit40 said:

I included some demo files to show what is possible. I think you'll have what yoiu need.

I saw that but that it only displays a txt file, I was wondering if there was a way to type notes while in the sim.

Other than that, its working really nice! 😄

37 minutes ago, booms_sys said:

I saw that but that it only displays a txt file, I was wondering if there was a way to type notes while in the sim.

Other than that, its working really nice! 😄

Ah, I see what you mean. I think what you need is VRK. You make notes with a pen. https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/211308-vrk-a-virtual-reality-enabled-kneeboard-with-touch-and-ink-support/

The developer is working on an open XR version.

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

I just thought of something, what about a blank html page with code for a textbox?

Made some progress by modifying the code of another mod to point to this website for an online notepad (https://www.rapidtables.com/tools/notepad.html). A better one is www.justnotepad.com as it gives you dark mode which makes text easier to read but there is no way to zoom in and I don't know code to increase text size.

Below is what I have and so far pretty happy with it.

https://ibb.co/qyMtJ5g

Thanks again @Spit40, having the ability to view charts/diagrams is huge!

3 hours ago, booms_sys said:

Made some progress by modifying the code of another mod to point to this website for an online notepad (https://www.rapidtables.com/tools/notepad.html). A better one is www.justnotepad.com as it gives you dark mode which makes text easier to read but there is no way to zoom in and I don't know code to increase text size.

Below is what I have and so far pretty happy with it.

https://ibb.co/qyMtJ5g

Thanks again @Spit40, having the ability to view charts/diagrams is huge!

Nice work - how are you managing to type with any comfort/speed wearing the headset though?

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

8 hours ago, Spit40 said:

Nice work - how are you managing to type with any comfort/speed wearing the headset though?

It's not bad at all. I use the G2 which is very comfortable and personally have always been able to type without looking at the keyboard so its working well for me.

Thank you very much. I tried to generate around 10 pdfs with charts and always only 3-4 are shown. Seems to be an issue with spaces in the file names.

Another small issue - file_index.js is also included in the file list and shows as empty white page. Should be excluded

BR

Leon

Edited by leonpo

I can confirm that the pdf conversion does not work if there are spaces in the file name.  I also tried to convert a sectional file pdf and it did not work.  This is a big step towards helping MSFS be functional in VR for IFR flying.

Jim

• Like 1

Thanks - I'll check the logic for spaces. As for the file_index.js file, yes it's in the file list but it shouldn't show as a white page as its excluded later. To confirm which page is white, look at the bottom right of the image being shown and it will say the filename. When I had a white page it was because I'd changed the images in the folder but not run the prepare BAT file.

Edited by Spit40
  • Like 1

atk-logo-354.jpg

really interested in this, any way to get it to show the output of something like Aviasoft EFB v2 in one of the windows? I like the charts and zooming functionality as i can read things, unlike the similar plugins for skyvector and LittleNavMap which show the text as miniscule!

1 hour ago, neilydone said:

really interested in this, any way to get it to show the output of something like Aviasoft EFB v2 in one of the windows? I like the charts and zooming functionality as i can read things, unlike the similar plugins for skyvector and LittleNavMap which show the text as miniscule!

Not sure on that - it's based on something that looks at web pages, so if that's a way of retrieving the info you need..

atk-logo-354.jpg

I am really surprised this is not getting more attention.  I have tried other ways to get charts into MSFS VR and this is the best and simplest so far.  I did figure out how to get the Navigraph charts app to show in Vr using Windows mixed reality, but the window was to big in cockpit even at the smallest setting.

Thanks Spit40!

3 hours ago, jelder said:

I am really surprised this is not getting more attention.  I have tried other ways to get charts into MSFS VR and this is the best and simplest so far.  I did figure out how to get the Navigraph charts app to show in Vr using Windows mixed reality, but the window was to big in cockpit even at the smallest setting.

Thanks Spit40!

Thanks. I agree! Maybe not many people like to fly old school in VR using notes and charts?

• Like 1

atk-logo-354.jpg

I just think that no one knows about it.  Have you thought about posting it on other sites?  I would name them but that might be a violation of terms here.

Edited by jelder

6 hours ago, jelder said:

I just think that no one knows about it.  Have you thought about posting it on other sites?  I would name them but that might be a violation of terms here.

I think I will post it a bit more widely shortly. I’d like to fix that spaces in filenames bug first. 

atk-logo-354.jpg