Sign in to follow this  
Spit40

Electronic Flight Bag for VR (WIP)

I'll check it now thanks

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

I've got this to work with the VFRMap and finding it really useful especially when importing PDF manuals to follow the CRJ tutorial. thanks for a great app!

two requests to see if it is possible:

1 even with V3 when I copy the files over the spaces in the file names mean the file is not processed - did i miss something? ive downloaded the latest version from Feb when this was reported as being fixed...

2 is it possible to create a way for the pdf viewer to read the files in a folder structure to keep things more organised?

great app again - until charts come along for VR mode. this is really helpful!

Thanks. That folder idea is interesting. Can you give me a specific example of the spaces in file name thing so I can copy and recreate it?

I tell you one thing I only learned yesterday which has made all this much more useful for me. I expect I'm way behind the curve on this and you guys know it already, but I only just discovered they added a "VR Toolbar" option separate from the original toolbar option. Finally I can bind a key and not have the sim block control inputs. 

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

eh, not sure what you mean about the VR toolbar

on the documents, I tried to copy and paste the Carenado M20R Ovation Normal Procedures.pdf file in (original location was the Documentation folder in the Carenado folder in Community) and they were missed by the scanner - not sure how much help that is...

First of all, thank you very much for creating this mod.  It is hugely important to fly IFR in MSFS.

When I run the "start_ebag_server" file, I get an error message that access to the index.html file fails because "The system cannot find the path specified." The error message also says "TinyWeb/1.94 service failed to start." 

I'm very much a novice at programming, so I suspect there would be an easy fix that probably involves where the file is pointing. I also see similar issues posted at the download page.

Thanks!

14 hours ago, Kreutzberg said:

First of all, thank you very much for creating this mod.  It is hugely important to fly IFR in MSFS.

When I run the "start_ebag_server" file, I get an error message that access to the index.html file fails because "The system cannot find the path specified." The error message also says "TinyWeb/1.94 service failed to start." 

I'm very much a novice at programming, so I suspect there would be an easy fix that probably involves where the file is pointing. I also see similar issues posted at the download page.

Thanks!

Where did you place the folder with ebag & images? Try it under My Documents

atk-logo-354.jpg

On 3/28/2021 at 8:17 PM, neilydone said:

eh, not sure what you mean about the VR toolbar

on the documents, I tried to copy and paste the Carenado M20R Ovation Normal Procedures.pdf file in (original location was the Documentation folder in the Carenado folder in Community) and they were missed by the scanner - not sure how much help that is...

The VR toolbar thing was a separate point, sorry for the confusion. Does ebag work for you on other PDFs? Is it just that Caranedo one that doesn't? 

atk-logo-354.jpg

5 hours ago, Spit40 said:

Where did you place the folder with ebag & images? Try it under My Documents

I had the ebag_images folder on the desktop.  When I moved it to the Documents area, I get the same error.

Thanks, i’ll do some more tests and see if i can reproduce this

atk-logo-354.jpg

On 3/31/2021 at 5:05 PM, Kreutzberg said:

Thanks!

On 4/1/2021 at 3:12 PM, Spit40 said:

Thanks, i’ll do some more tests and see if i can reproduce this

I was having the same problem and here is what I found out. Hopefully this will help you to work out a solution. The problem with the "TinyWeb/1.94 service failed to start." I solved. There is a space between  "%cd%\code\" tiny.exe. So, if you look closer there is a space between c"%cs%\code\" and "tiny.exe". If you remove that space the tiny.exe runs. I removed the space and ran into a new problem. I get an error saying "Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\Dads'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." My directory, don't laugh I'm an old father, is 'C:\Users\Dads PC'. There is a space between Dads PC and the bat file can't seem to overcome that.

So, by removing the space in the start_ebag_server.bat file and changing "%cd%\code\" tiny.exe to read "%cd%\code\"tiny.exe I was able to get past the "The system cannot find the path specified." The error message also says "TinyWeb/1.94 service failed to start." error message. However, since my computer name has a space Dads PC it is stumped again and hits a new error  "Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\Dads' and stops. I am able to get the EBag tool/window to appear in MSFS but it is empty because of the second error.

I'm not sure how to overcome the second error,  "Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\Dads'. If I was more awake maybe but I'm worn out. Maybe you can look at it and help to resolve the error. It seems that the solution is to get the bat files to read through spaces to grab the whole path name. I actually have no experience in the field of programming though so, maybe what I'm asking is not the solution or not even possible? I don't know, just trying to help. So sleepy, off to bed.

Edward Smoker Sr.

4 hours ago, EdwardSm said:

I was having the same problem and here is what I found out. Hopefully this will help you to work out a solution. The problem with the "TinyWeb/1.94 service failed to start." I solved. There is a space between  "%cd%\code\" tiny.exe. So, if you look closer there is a space between c"%cs%\code\" and "tiny.exe". If you remove that space the tiny.exe runs. I removed the space and ran into a new problem. I get an error saying "Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\Dads'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." My directory, don't laugh I'm an old father, is 'C:\Users\Dads PC'. There is a space between Dads PC and the bat file can't seem to overcome that.

So, by removing the space in the start_ebag_server.bat file and changing "%cd%\code\" tiny.exe to read "%cd%\code\"tiny.exe I was able to get past the "The system cannot find the path specified." The error message also says "TinyWeb/1.94 service failed to start." error message. However, since my computer name has a space Dads PC it is stumped again and hits a new error  "Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\Dads' and stops. I am able to get the EBag tool/window to appear in MSFS but it is empty because of the second error.

I'm not sure how to overcome the second error,  "Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\Dads'. If I was more awake maybe but I'm worn out. Maybe you can look at it and help to resolve the error. It seems that the solution is to get the bat files to read through spaces to grab the whole path name. I actually have no experience in the field of programming though so, maybe what I'm asking is not the solution or not even possible? I don't know, just trying to help. So sleepy, off to bed.

Many thanks - this could get us somewhere. I tried to look at this yesterday but life got in the way. I was able to replicate the problem. Can you try replacing the line in the BAT file with this.

i.e. " around the last bit

start /d "%cd%\code\" tiny.exe "%cd%\"

• Like 1

atk-logo-354.jpg

13 hours ago, Spit40 said:

Many thanks - this could get us somewhere. I tried to look at this yesterday but life got in the way. I was able to replicate the problem. Can you try replacing the line in the BAT file with this.

i.e. " around the last bit

That did the trick. I kept the space between code\" and tiny.exe and it still worked perfect. I just copied and pasted what you have in your post into my bat file and everything is wonderful!

Copy and paste---------------

Edward Smoker Sr.

27 minutes ago, EdwardSm said:

That did the trick. I kept the space between code\" and tiny.exe and it still worked perfect. I just copied and pasted what you have in your post into my bat file and everything is wonderful!

Copy and paste---------------

Thanks. I'll update my version on flightsim.to now

• Upvote 1

atk-logo-354.jpg

Is it possible to assign the EBag window to a key shortcut so I do not have to always open the MSFS toolbar first? 

Edward Smoker Sr.

14 hours ago, EdwardSm said:

Is it possible to assign the EBag window to a key shortcut so I do not have to always open the MSFS toolbar first? 

I wish I knew myself ! I agree that's usually all I'm interested in.

atk-logo-354.jpg