Sign in to follow this  
richdury

Pilot2atc freeze

Hi

Before the latest update and with the latest update I have started having the interface freeze after a short space of time. The map still moves and the voice interaction is fine  everything else is unresponsive. Any help greatly appreciated. 

Thank you. 

Edited by richdury
Spelling

If the map is moving and the voice interaction is working, the program is not freezing.  Those would be the 2 key signs anytime it freezes up.

What exactly are you trying to do that makes it seem to be freezing?

Dave

Just using interface for example checking frequency, selecting part of the flight plan. Selecting  Anything that is interactive on the page doesn't respond. 

Have to go to task manager to close it  cannot close in the program as its not responding. Been working great up till a few days ago. 

What SIM are you using and how much memory do you have.

For MSFS, 32GB or RAM is about the minimum.

For other SIMs, 16GB is usually enough, depending on what other addons you have.

If you have plenty of memory, you might want to try downloading and installing the latest update again to rule out any corruption in the previous installations.  Or do a complete uninstall and reinstall of the full version.  Email me with your license key for a reset if you do the full uninstall/reinstall.

Dave

I only have 16 gig but it's as been fine from September until a few days ago. It did it on the previous version and the updated version. I might try a full reinstall. 

Thank you 

if your using fs20 there is a scenario that would cause this. Some are setting CPU priority to high. If P2A is not equal to that then its going to have to wait for CPU time and it would seem to freeze and not respond until it it's turn to execute. Hope this helps.

I had P2A "freeze" recently. Everything responded slowly including the interface, recognition etc. It was because I had P2A running on the same cores as the sim that were already running at 100% usage. There was no CPU headroom left. The freeze disappeared Once I reduced the CPU core usage on the cores that P2A were on.