Sign in to follow this  
jymp

Why no fix for mirrored textures on 747/787 ?

There must be some reason why Asobo will not fix the mirrored textures on the 747/787, why ?, it's a easy fix for them, would make a lot happy. Fix this bug please Asobo.

That´s a real good question, driving me crazy ( flying this plane a lot because i like to fly 747`s and if you see this issue all the time you fly is somewhat anoying ) because i don`t understand that this

issue let be left that mutch behind..

It is a bug and not a small one IMO - so bugs should be fixed the one or the other way 🤔

Maybe they say they not fixing the reverse because of another Option they want to do, but this should be explaind than from Asobo Team so we understand

whats goeing on ?

Do you see those b7478i-livery-aviators livery there the text is the right way on the other side.

In forums i read this is done with special decals but we ( the community ) can not us them.

So maybe at one day there is a way on this base so they can offer a fix for all of us thus i can`t belive they live it like that and cover it over to XBox, if so that would realy a shame.

So hopfully this get`s fixed some day.

Just my tought`s..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Surprised this, along with a lot of other issues was not ironed out in the beta phase.  This is definitely an unfinished application, even now.

Looking forward to what we are going to see in the UK update very soon now.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Are 747/787 files encrypted? otherwise it is quite easy to mirror the files yourself with a image program like photoshop. 

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

1 hour ago, Ixoye said:

Are 747/787 files encrypted? otherwise it is quite easy to mirror the files yourself with a image program like photoshop. 

Yes they are encrypted but that,s not the Problem and you can't fix it with any kind of Image program.

At the 747 there is only on file for both sides of the plane and this is mirrored so it is not possible to do so.

Only Asobo could do it as they overwork the model complitly with a new UV map but they say now its not planned.

So to hope they come up with an other solution ( they us decals) for us because we can't use this decals at the moment.

So hopfully Asobo release something to fix this anoying Issue for the community .

A lot of painters did some great jobs on 747-8 paints , realy a shame it isn't fixed yet as it is a long know issue. 🤔

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

The best bet if Asobo refuses to fix the issue is to either build or find a good 747-8 external model and simply use the default 747 cockpit and systems. This is pretty common in the conversion community. I have a A330 with the cockpit of the default A320

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

This is a dodge commonly done on larger aircraft to keep texture size down without losing resolution, either because there is a hard limit in the game on texture file size or just for FPS reasons.  However you would normally have the common areas for decals and writing (such as upper wing central fuselage and tail ) left non-mirrored.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

12 minutes ago, z06z33 said:

The best bet if Asobo refuses to fix the issue is to either build or find a good 747-8 external model and simply use the default 747 cockpit and systems. This is pretty common in the conversion community. I have a A330 with the cockpit of the default A320

I hope they don't do that.

I like the model it self it is very good made

and i don't realy want any ported stuff, new

sim new planes, or perfektly overworked to fit the MSFS standard.

Still hoping for any kind of fix from Asobos side at any time, because i can't belive they 

let it be as it is.

If so they not realy professionall developers from my side of Viewing.. 

cheers 😉

spacer.png

Yeah, conversions aren't the way to go. They're often sloppy, low quality, and ridden with bugs.

We have a complete Blender importer/export suite for the MSFS custom GLTF format in the works, and it's almost done. Once it's completed, anyone will be able to edit the 747-8 model and make a proper UV - no need to rely on Asobo any more.

• Like 12
  • Upvote 3

Please do not contact me via DM for support or help with the A32NX mod. We recommend using our help channel on our Discord.

1 hour ago, IcemanFBW said:

Yeah, conversions aren't the way to go. They're often sloppy, low quality, and ridden with bugs.

We have a complete Blender importer/export suite for the MSFS custom GLTF format in the works, and it's almost done. Once it's completed, anyone will be able to edit the 747-8 model and make a proper UV - no need to rely on Asobo any more.

WOW Guys, 👍  that is realy a good alternative solution for that Issue - fine to hear sutch an Information for this Problem.😎 

By the way, i am doeing sutch things with 3DS Max so is it possible to get this model somehow in Max ? ( Not a real profi but playing around the last 2 years with that App here and there )

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer
typo

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, fmloyola said:

They need to fix the taxi behaviour first....

I taxi mine fine, you just have not been to fast..

cheers 😉

• Like 1

spacer.png

49 minutes ago, Waldo Pepper said:

There are some painters who have figured it out,   https://flightsim.to/file/5765/boeing-747-8-cargolux-masked

This is only a workaround not a real Solution because this can only done with a decal in the under part and at a designated location.

If you go a bit more upper ( where normaly the text is for and mutch bigger ) that dosen`t work the text gets than mirrored, and this is the eternal problem until Asobo comes with a fix.

Or at least the solution from flybywire team 😎

cheers 😉

• Like 1

spacer.png

To me, this issue with the 747 is just laziness on someone's part. Not sure how anyone at Asobo could have released the sim with this issue. If they just had a commitment to doing things right the first time, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad