Sign in to follow this  
dragonflightdesign

Doors open/close

It doesn't work with the default Shift+E+n command because the default 'show panel X' gets there first. You have two choices: remove the default panel commands (not recommended) or assign an unused key. I assigned key 6 (why? because it was the first one I thought of that I knew wasn't in use!); 6+n works fine to open all doors.

Thank you for that tip, Dai, but unfortunately it does not work here....

shift+e and 6 (newly assigned) have the same effect and with whatever number pushing just after them, they all open or close only the main exit door.

This works quite nicely on other planes like the Dash 8 for instance, where I can open and close up to 4 different doors, but the B314 seems to have  only one door 🤢

Thank you for some more detail on how to get it to work.

Cheers, Jürgen

Edited by Scorpio47

Juergen Vollmer

Flight sim enthusiast and real life pilot

Assign doors to 6, then

- press 6 which opens the main doors

- press 6+2 which will open the engine maintenance doors

Yes pressing 6 opens the main door on the left side of the hull and one under the wing on each side.

When I press 6+2 eight doors on the engines open or close SOMETIMES, but most of the time only the main door is triggered.
Do I do something wrong?

There also seem to be only these two sets of doors to operate though.
Does the door under the cockpit not work?

Nothing happens with 6+3, 6+4 etc. Is that normal?

Edited by Scorpio47

Juergen Vollmer

I should try to update the section EXIT in aircraft.cfg
Only two exits are define.

Should be :

[exits] 
number_of_exits = 4
exit_rate.0 = 0.3    //Percent per second
exit_rate.1 = 0.3    //Percent per second
exit_rate.2 = 0.3    //Percent per second
exit_rate.3 = 0.3    //Percent per second

Take a look here for what to expect 🙂

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/591694-interim-patch-available/?do=findComment&comment=4442105

Gérard

Edited by gaab

I'll try that. I wasn't involved in the development of the mdl or the initial writing of the aircraft.cfg, so there are things that I simply don't know about. I do my best 😄

Confirmed as working. For anyone who is comfortable with updating the aircraft.cfg file,

- open it in NotePad++ or similar

- search for 'exit'

- copy and paste Gérard's sample above

- save and enjoy two more doors.

I followed Gérard´s suggestion and the result is still the same here.

My aircraft.cfg nowlooks like this:

[exits] 
number_of_exits = 4
exit_rate.0 = 0.3    //Percent per second
exit_rate.1 = 0.3    //Percent per second
exit_rate.2 = 0.3    //Percent per second
exit_rate.3 = 0.3    //Percent per second

However with the gauge mentioned in the linked thread (doorcontrol.zip) all doors as shown in the nice pictures there are operational now.

Using 6+n only opens or closes the main exit for me. Apparently I must do something wrong, but I cannot understand why this happens in a "virgin" installation (yes, I re-installed again to be sure....).

I can live with that solution but would still like it to work "out of the box" 😉

Thank you Gérard and Dai!

Juergen Vollmer

The doors are a bit slow to start opening. Try 6+2 (for the engine doors) and wait a few seconds - only select it once, otherwise you'll send it a 'close' command.

I wonder if we got your lattest build.

The doors issue is typical of event flooding. I trust your lattest report  were most of them are fixed, but that's not what we see...

Is there a way we could check ?

Gérard

There's a public release planned for the weekend (if nothing gets in the way) that will have the new code in it.  Just FYI: the new code still has fuel selector event flooding but it doesn't affect the doors. I have a completely new fuel distribution setup here that does not event flood at all, but it will not be fully tested for the public release. It will be in the -A version.

Update: looks like the doors issue is partially keyboard-type related. We've been doing some testing tonight and found that

- membrane keyboards work okay with 6+n all the time

- mechanical keyboards are hit-and-miss; sometimes they work, sometimes they don't and sometimes they only work one way (open or close).

My guess is that the operating system is being fooled by the speed of the key response i.e. mechanical keys are seen as two very distinct keypresses while the slower membrane keyboard is being seen as two added keypresses. So, I shall be adding a small 2D panel with four buttons on it that can be used in the 2D, VC and outside views.

Edited by dragonflightdesign

I have a mechanical keyboard for years and I am able to use the combination ShiftE+n with most addons as long as there is no high rate event (had this problem also with a "noisy" throttle lever)

Gérard

I believe you.

We found that shift+e+(n) does not work with two different mechanical keyboards and two membrane keyboards on three different PCs even when there is absolutely no event flooding whatsoever. Now, whether this is something to do with the mdl (probably) or whether it is the O/S, I have no way of finding out.

All I can do is report test/observation results and I can't take the chance of the problem occurring when I know it can be stopped.

Edited by dragonflightdesign