Sign in to follow this  
Heronjr

DXGI ERROR DEVICE HUNG

Any news about this error haunting the GPUs in P3Dv5? The "DXGI ERROR DEVICE HUNG" seems to occur with some aircraft maybe not completely made compatible with V5. But this is just my opinion. I would like to know some more about it.

Regards,

• Like 1

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Someone once posted that you need to disable real glass, use studio drivers and drop down to 2048 texture settings or disable EA. At a minimal, it was said to use 2048 or disable EA. It was said using 4096 textures along with EA true sky enabled could easily trigger the device hung error.

Rick

I have disabled everything from addons etc etc 

uninstalled qw 787 

Reinstalled P3d v5.1 hf1 to default and still get device hung errors.

Still  having the issue with my drop down menu overlapping the red shift z text 

heck, I even reset windows 10.

That did  fix my ntdll.dll issue thou.

perhaps it just P3d v5.1 Hf1 that’s the issue.

im stumped.

mike

I don't think anyone, including LM, has completely figured this one out. Not much new in this thread but it gives a good feel for just how pervasive the problem is:  http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6315&t=137172  .

• Upvote 1

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

I've rarely had this type of issue.

But since I regularly update W10 v20H2 OS build 19042.746 and Nvidia drivers, I've never had this error again (fingers crossed ;-)) .

I never use the internal ATC (only ATC addons). I don't fly with EA.

All my addons (aircraft and sceneries) are exclusively P3Dv5 compatible.

I fly every day...

Richard.

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

At the moment I'm not getting DXGI_DEVICE_HUNG issues in P3D v5, although with some manual modification to the Prpar3D.cfg to force extra intense shadows (beyond that which can be set via the simulator display settings pages) I can push the memory limits of the GPU and get the error. One idea might be to decrease the graphics settings on certain machines experiencing the error.

On a similar note, however, since the last few Nvidia driver versions, I am getting DXGI_DEVICE_HUNG in P3D v4 when going into the simulator scenario selection screen - the error appears when the model view window is initialised. I can stop this by putting a non-existent aircraft into the default flight file Sim value:

..\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D_Default.fxml - (Property Name="Sim" Value="F-22 Raptor - 525th Fighter Squadron")

so that a model is not showable in the view window.

I can also stop this by rolling back to an earlier driver (example 451.67) 

With either simulator experiencing the error an idea might be to try earlier driver versions in case that helps.

• Like 4

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

4 hours ago, SteveW said:

At the moment I'm not getting DXGI_DEVICE_HUNG issues in P3D v5, although with some manual modification to the Prpar3D.cfg to force extra intense shadows (beyond that which can be set via the simulator display settings pages) I can push the memory limits of the GPU and get the error. One idea might be to decrease the graphics settings on certain machines experiencing the error.

On a similar note, however, since the last few Nvidia driver versions, I am getting DXGI_DEVICE_HUNG in P3D v4 when going into the simulator scenario selection screen - the error appears when the model view window is initialised. I can stop this by putting a non-existent aircraft into the default flight file Sim value:

..\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D_Default.fxml - (Property Name="Sim" Value="F-22 Raptor - 525th Fighter Squadron")

so that a model is not showable in the view window.

I can also stop this by rolling back to an earlier driver (example 451.67) 

With either simulator experiencing the error an idea might be to try earlier driver versions in case that helps.

Interesting, I may just have try and earlier driver.

https://imgur.com/5aaCqxS
question Steve. Do think the driver is causing   
the issue in the  above link whereby the drop down menu is overlapping the shift z text?

I have the latest driver installed and also tried the one before, but the issue persists.

ive tried everything from reinstall to default P3d b5.1 hf1 and no addons.

thanks

mike

• Like 1

Used to have this problem until I uninstalled Riva Tuner as someone suggested. Whoever it was I am forever grateful.

Asus Maximus Hero XI , i7-8086, 16 Gb RAM, nVidia GTX 1080 ti

24 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

https://imgur.com/5aaCqxS
question Steve. Do think the driver is causing   
the issue in the  above link whereby the drop down menu is overlapping the shift z text?

Hi Mike,

I couldn't see the image for some reason, but the problem could be driver related I suppose.

I would try the older driver just in case it helps with any P3D errors, although it might not be adequate for some recent games.

Regards

Steve

18 minutes ago, SteveW said:

Hi Mike,

I couldn't see the image for some reason, but the problem could be driver related I suppose.

I would try the older driver just in case it helps with any P3D errors, although it might not be adequate for some recent games.

Regards

Steve

Ok thanks Steve, I will try an earlier driver and see how it pans out.

mike

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

Ok thanks Steve, I will try an earlier driver and see how it pans out.

mike

460.79 does work very good for me. 460.89 and later is more stuttering (for me in VR).

I have no CTD with 460.79 AFTER updated Trueglass and Reallight AND disabling Bathemetry.

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

15 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

460.79 does work very good for me. 460.89 and later is more stuttering (for me in VR).

I have no CTD with 460.79 AFTER updated Trueglass and Reallight AND disabling Bathemetry.

Marcus

460 and 461 have been issues for me with menu bar overlapping shift z text and device hung errors. And also on some occasions freeze and ctd when changing settings.

I have also  updated to latest true glass and real light.

will try older drivers and report.

thanks 

mike

The problem has been spoiling the fun for too long, I hope LM and the GPU driver guys can sort it all out soon.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SteveW said:

The problem has been spoiling the fun for too long, I hope LM and the GPU driver guys can sort it all out soon.

Hey Steve 

I am currently trying out driver 451.67

all  well so far with device hung error. Will do further testing.

but the overlapping of drop down menu over the shift z text is still apparent.

When i delete and rebuild cfg it’s fine.

upon exit and restart of P3d v5.1 hf1 in full screen mode. It gets messed up again.

im stumped 

cheers 

mike

I'm still getting this error repeatedly with my new system build. I keep an eye on my VRAM and do not over stress the graphics settings. My last DEVICE_HUNG was just now, flying over desolate Alaska in the A2A C172 after about an hour with memory at 4.3/7.1. This is kind of joke at this point. I have the latest NVIDIA drivers, maybe I should try the older one.   

Edited by SolRayz

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor