Sign in to follow this  
jjgp101

Boot problem with P3Dv4

On my desktop computer I use P3Dv5 and alternatively P3Dv4 without problems but on my laptop I only have P3Dv4 installed which until about a couple of months ago it also worked without problems.

Since that time, every time I start P3Dv4 and shortly after trying, the program will automatically stop starting and the computer returns to the desktop.

The only solution I have found is to uninstall the P3D v4 Academic Client and also answer affirmatively to the question if I want to deactivate the installation, since if I answer negatively the problem will not be solved.

Once uninstalled, I must reinstall it, which asks me if I want to activate it .... I answer affirmatively and ONLINE .... I put my License ID and Password and click Activate.

It tells me that the activation has been correct and the simulator loads perfectly and I can fly without problems.

But ... just once, since as soon as I close the simulator and later want to do another flight, the problem returns again and I have to uninstall, deactivate, install and activate and so on indefinitely.

I have tried to uninstall recently installed programs in case there were any incompatibilities, but I have not succeeded.

Has any colleague suffered from this problem or knows how to solve it ?

Thanks a lot.

J J Gómez Prieto
IVAO 142928

I am surprised you can get away with installing v4 on two computers on a single license.  The EULA is pretty clear that use  is limited to one machine.

Dan Downs KCRP