Sign in to follow this  
lostrealist

Customization & about those runaways

Hi there!

I purchased FS2Crew a few months ago, getting a lot of good use out of it for sure. Overall I'm quite happy and think it's well-done for what it is.

However one thing that I've noticed is that my FO can be quite a character when it comes to turning in headings or altitudes. Thankfully you took the precaution for this with the "Cancel Last Command" line but to be quite honest, the guy messes those actions up much, much more than he gets it right in my cockpit. I have basically decided to make it SOP that the FO is not allowed to touch the AP panel, because I'm seriously talking way over half the attempts he runs away. I can live with this, as it's not uncommon anyway to have the PF in sole control of the AP when it's engaged, but I felt this might be a really extreme case that could be mended somehow? No offense, but with how bad it works at least on my end, I don't even see the point in having that functionality at all. Am I the only one whose FO's mind kinda switches to idle when he starts turning a knob?

Again, it's not dramatic to me personally, just wondering.

The other thing I was wondering is if there isn't a way to allow for some more customization to the tune of maybe switching checklist items around? I'm only guessing here as I have no clue but to me it seems the program is just running down a list of things and waiting for a corresponding input after certain items, or generating a certain output in the form of a setting changing in the cockpit after certain items - couldn't it be possible to give the user access to the order of these items? There's a couple of little things... I know you based these pretty much verbatim on real-life checklists of a now-defunct airline, but seeing as how different operators do things differently, this chance at adjusting some procedures a little would really put this thing over the top to make it "my" aircraft and "my" crew.

Likewise any sort of opportunity at all to add my own phrases to the voice recognition would be amazing. That way a user could make little tweaks they might find useful, like not having to say "set THE logo light TO on please" but getting away with "set logo light on", like it is for the other lights... or even more meaningless stuff like "Absolutely!" when the RA asks for boarding - not that useful but again, would really add to the immersion in making it "my" thing.

Either way, thank you for your work and effort on the product. I wouldn't wanna miss my FO as he is.

1. I don't experience the same issue, however..

Try lowering the sensitivity on your mic... engage hard mute if no need to speak... run the voice training again.

You are correct though... when the autopilot is on, the PF controls the autopilot.

2. We'll consider that for MSFS.  I like the idea 🙂

On 1/18/2021 at 2:27 AM, byork said:

1. I don't experience the same issue, however..

Try lowering the sensitivity on your mic... engage hard mute if no need to speak... run the voice training again.

You are correct though... when the autopilot is on, the PF controls the autopilot.

2. We'll consider that for MSFS.  I like the idea 🙂

1. Dunno, it's not like he dials in a value that I didn't want, he just keeps turning and turning and turning... he'll set IAS 999 if I don't stop him. And it really happens a lot. But I guess it's obviously something about my specific setup then, so disregard.

2. Sounds neat! Thanks for considering it, really appreciate it.