Sign in to follow this  
ThomseN_inc

Mooney Prop doesn't come to a stop.

Good eveninng,

I just took out the Mooney for a little while after she was sitting in the hanger quite some time.

Nice flight and all went well until shutdown when the prop just continued to spin at 170-180 RPM. Fuel was cut off and everything else was cold and dark and still it turned and turned...never to be stopped.

Is this a known thing or something only i am experiencing?

Best regards,

Tom

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

This is a bug I have seen before yes... usually after the annoying screen pops up and you click continue so that you can shut down. I have seen it in the Mooney once, and the 172 and 208 as well. Just a sim bug. 

I saw this in the 152 today.  What was even more puzzling was that the prop stopped when viewing externally from the front and resumed spinning when viewing from the rear.

• Like 1

Same thing happened to me with the new Carenado WACO. Even when the ramp guy walked through my prop it didn't stop. As Real As It Gets......

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

3 hours ago, Daytona125 said:

Same thing happened to me with the new Carenado WACO. Even when the ramp guy walked through my prop it didn't stop. As Real As It Gets......

That is a new Occupational Safety innovation. Walk through prop that activates when sensing a flouro vest. All the new kids are fitting them.

• Like 1

Proper way to stop is to check magneto ground and then cut the mixture. Works in MSFS as well (except engines with fadec or auto mixture)

P.S. Note in real life if cut fuel supply engine work for a several seconds and more before stoping 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Just did a flight and at shut down the prop stoped.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip