Sign in to follow this  
Boeing_Driver

CTD on startup

My Steam version of the sim has had no issues up until now but for some reason, but I can no longer get it started. It crashes to desktop right after the Microsoft copyright page. Btw, it worked fine 24 hours ago but now that I'm back home, for some reason I can't get it going anymore.

I've tried it from both the desktop icon and trying to launch it within Steam. It starts normally, goes through the X-Box, Asobo, and Blackshark AI pages and then the  script for the 2020 Microsoft copyright page. Then I get the spinning circle at the lower right part of the screen and a CTD.

Well, that's happening to me since yesterday 🥴.
The only change I made on my computer yesterday was installing Nvidia's new driver.
I launch MSFS, and at about 80% loading, just after the UK update's screens, the sim vanishes, aka CTD, aka Cash To Dustbin.

I've tried everything...
Reinstalling the previous driver, reinstalling MSFS, cleaning the registry, restoring Windows to the latest backup, uninstalling all my USB peripherals, lighting candles, praying all kind of gurus, logged out from the Xbox thingie, from Windows Store, to no avail.

Until now, I was enjoying some very nice sequences of flight between two CTDs, and sometimes I even succeeded to finish a whole flight! (Yes, yes, it happened!)
But today I don't even have this joy.

If any of you have a bright idea, I'm a taker.
🙃

Edited by David Roch

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Any errors in Windows Event Viewer?  Have you tried running sfc /scannow in the CMD prompt?  Check the registry for a numbered folder that does not contain a subfolder labeled "MutablePackagesOnline" and delete that empty folder.

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\PackageVolumes

\Robert Hamlich/

Vanilla MFS, no addons or mods ?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

48 minutes ago, David Roch said:

Well, that's happening to me since yesterday 🥴.
The only change I made on my computer yesterday was installing Nvidia's new driver.
I launch MSFS, and at about 80% loading, just after the UK update's screens, the sim vanishes, aka CTD, aka Cash To Dustbin.

I've tried everything...
Reinstalling the previous driver, reinstalling MSFS, cleaning the registry, restoring Windows to the latest backup, uninstalling all my USB peripherals, lighting candles, praying all kind of gurus, logged out from the Xbox thingie, from Windows Store, to no avail.

Until now, I was enjoying some very nice sequences of flight between two CTDs, and sometimes I even succeeded to finish a whole flight! (Yes, yes, it happened!)
But today I don't even have this joy.

If any of you have a bright idea, I'm a taker.
🙃

Yes, try the CTD Vaccine. I haven't had a CTD in almost two weeks, and prior to that I was getting 2 at day at least. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Vanilla MFS, no addons or mods ?

Hello Dominique, Vanilla of course 😉 

8 minutes ago, HUSSAR said:

Any errors in Windows Event Viewer?  Have you tried running sfc /scannow in the CMD prompt?  Check the registry for a numbered folder that does not contain a subfolder labeled "MutablePackagesOnline" and delete that empty folder.

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\PackageVolumes

Always same c0000005 error.
sfc/ scannow didn't find any violation.

I am in the middle of my second MSFS reinstall and will try the Registry solution later, thank you, Robert.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Yes, try the CTD Vaccine. I haven't had a CTD in almost two weeks, and prior to that I was getting 2 at day at least. 

Thanks, Bob but the CTD vaccine can help to fix some CTDs during flights but has unfortunately no effect on this "new CTD variant" which  occurs while loading the simulator.

Best regards,
David Roch

1 minute ago, David Roch said:

Thanks, Bob but the CTD vaccine can help to fix some CTDs during flights but has unfortunately no effect on this "new CTD variant" which  occurs while loading the simulator.

Sorry to hear that. So this started long after the last update>  That is really strange. Hope you find out what is wrong. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Bob... I'd like to thank you.

You won't believe it!
I know this famous CTD vaccine (which I installed two weeks ago) cured your CTD issues, I also saw your new post about it, and I am glad for you.
But as I told you it didn't work in my case.
So.... I did the opposite! I deleted the "vaccine" entries in the registry and now MSFS is back to work!!

Strange computers... 😄

• Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

8 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

CTD Vaccine

Very interesting, glad that resolved the CTD's for you Bob.  Hopefully the remedy works for Boeing_Driver.

\Robert Hamlich/

1 hour ago, David Roch said:

I deleted the "vaccine" entries in the registry and now MSFS is back to work!!

Strange computers... 😄

Strange indeed David.  I have not had any CTD's since installing it upon release.  I did have an issue on the weekend where all of the sudden there wasn't any "autogen" - MSFS looked like a vanilla FSX installation.  A reinstall resolved that issue.  I love the fact that you can set MSFS installation up overnight and the sim is ready the next morning. 

• Like 1

\Robert Hamlich/