Sign in to follow this  
Glenn Fitzpatrick

Force Feedback Support

The MS thread requesting FFB support has now past 200 votes. 

We do have XPForce but it has limited functionality due to a lack of in game support.  Anyone using or thinking of using an FFB device (FFB2, Brunner, whatever) should vote if they have not already.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/force-feedback-support/248760/39

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

Thanks for the heads up, I just voted...it would be nice to have native support rather than needing to muck around with Brunner profiles.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Voted allready...

I am using my home-build equipment, based on the BFFSimulation boards and software for 3 weeks now, and i am very sattisfied with this !!

After getting used to the main parameters, it is quite easy, to achieve an at least believable behaviour for new planes. 

Starting with the new WACO, pulling the elevator and feel the elevator-force increasing during start-run is soooo great  🙂

In case of interest:  I would be able to support builders with complete sets of mechanical parts, because i decided, to build up in laser-cutted and bended sheet-metal design, having to buy some sets of the structural parts.

Next step wouls be, to build up a FFB-stick, interchangeable with the yoke.

Therefor i build up my system with a seperate control-box, including the BFF-Boards,  so i can use the electronic parts for both devices.

Actualy, i am searching for matching motors with gearboxes, because in a  stick with round about 2x15° stroke, it is not so easy, to achieve the needed motor-rotations between the end-positions...

Edited by SloMo

XP Force has been keeping me somewhat happy.  So far, though, it doesn't quite match up to FSForce software from Russell Dirks when used in P3d.

FSForce has a "consistent, rhythmic and accurate" representation of the plane's wheels going over the tarstrips on the runway.  XP Force has inconsistent bumps along the runway and various vibrations that do not make much sense.  Of course, it's better than nothing, so I appreciate it.

If XP Force can simulate the specific feeling of hitting the tarstrips and as speed increases...the feeling and sound come more quickly, then the force feedback simulation will take a giant step forward.

Being a long time user of FF since the very beginning, AND being on Russell Dirk's pilot testing team many years ago, I know what I'm talking about here.

Russell doesn't seem to be motivated to get his software into MSFS, perhaps because of some personal commitments.  So, if FS Force is not going to be an option, then XP Force CAN and SHOULD try to improve their software to the extent that takeoffs and landings have the real feel of runway surfaces.

Stan

• Like 1

Using the "control-loader" software of Ian Hopper here ( BFFSimulation), and if you are not upset by a 10-page-configuration-sheet for each plane-profile, the options seem to be endless...

For example, i can give matching frequencies for ground-roll, estimated by the wheel-diameter. Beside the frequence, the amplitude can adjusted seperately.

Same with the engine-vibrations:  idle-frequence and amplitue adjustable, from this point on frequency-change and amplitude-change can be adjusted. ( And you can choose for each axis, which kind of vibration should be applied...)

The overall amplitude/strenght of the engine-vibration is based on the actual fuel-consumption: A great choice, because even without any modifications, a given plane-profile reacts propper to more HP, and you have a very good feeling for the actual torque.

It looks like Ian having supported cockpit-builders among his customers for some years now, and up to synchronized twin-FFB-Yoke-setups there are plenty of options for specific hardware situations.

I started my build with a 3-axis, poti driven trim-device, but this is a little bit useless now, because unless you use motorized trimm-wheels, you will have problems when disengaging the AP and changing to your poti-given trim position :

This thing has FORCE !!

So i am working with buttons for trimming now, and this works fine.

SloMo 

I was dreaming of flying like this since using a Sidewinder FFB with FS9 in the past, and for me, the FFB-Yoke/Pedal is really worth the amount of money and time, i spent on mine.

On 1/17/2021 at 8:01 PM, regis9 said:

Thanks for the heads up, I just voted...it would be nice to have native support rather than needing to muck around with Brunner profiles.

I am also hoping for native FFB support. Do not want to have to start some other program before starting MSFS. Just want to turn on the simulator and fly!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Is there any update on future force feedback support for flight sim? 

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

5 hours ago, canadiantree said:

Is there any update on future force feedback support for flight sim? 

There are some confusing references. The dev comments suggest Asobo seem to think of force feedback is akin to controller rumble on Xbox, a gimmick that adds some sort of vibration when you are rolling on the ground or have forgotten to raise your gear. 

Something is being worked on but it is unclear exactly what.

Best bet is post in the thread linked above and vote for it to raise it to their attention.

In the meantime XPForce does an OK job of getting FFB working in MSFS but it is not free.

I think it is strange that FF is not standard for flight sim yokes, it has been in racing sim for decades.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

On 4/17/2021 at 8:46 PM, Ixoye said:

I think it is strange that FF is not standard for flight sim yokes, it has been in racing sim for decades.

I don't think this is strange at all ...
FFB has been a feature in many predecessors of MSFS (from FS98 upto P3DV5) , whatever one thinks of it's realisme.

It just shows that MSFS (with all it's great, especially visual, features) in it's current state, is years away from implementing ALL flightsim features in ALL of these previous MS/LM flightsim versions.
This is just another example; as there are many more.

Rob

Edited by rcbarend

XPforce is no more working and it's just not possible to have any answer. The guy seems to be dead ! Airforce Player is a much better choice. It's free and developer is active and answers questions and comments. So forget about XPForce as it freezes MSFS. 

J Guy 

He never has answered questions from individual users. He just does not do it and never has.

Presumably he will fix it in his own good time but meanwhile Airforce player sounds a good option.