Sign in to follow this  
Hor1463

Update not working

Hi, I bought Pilot2ATC a few weeks ago and now ein dowmload the updated, but when I started the install at 20 % I get this message: Unable to initialize Database. An exception has been raised thata is lekiley due to a transient failure. If you are connecting to a SQL Azure database consider using SqlAzureExecutionStrategy. The underlying provider failed on Open.

What I can do now.

Roland

First try downloading the full version of the program with the Navigraph Data.  Install that over your current installation, being careful that the installer does not try and install into a subdirectory of the current installation.

This will replace the database files that may have become corrupt and could cause this problem.

If that doesn't fix it, check that the database files are properly installed in the P2A Data folder.  There should be 2 files P2ABaseData.mdf and P2ADynamicData.mdf.  Also check if there are the corresponding log files: P2ABaseData_log.ldf and P2ADynamicData_log.ldf.  You can delete these 2 log files and see if that fixes the issue.

Finally, if the above doesn't work, the database engine may be corrupt or missing.  Here’s a link to the Microsoft msi installation file for SQL LocalDB.  Just download, unzip and run.     https://www.dropbox.com/s/b30wwk84t7a4ngp/SqlLocalDBx64.zip?dl=0

Dave

Hi, first of all, I uninstall the previous version (may be a mistake). Now I download the new version and install it. All works well no message again, but.. now I can not the P2A on my screen. There is only a button in the toolbar, but nothing happens??

Roland

The data files are all there. The programm is open, but I can not see the screen. I install the zip you send me.

Roland

It is opening in a phantom Window.  Here's how to fix it:

1)    After starting Pilot2ATC, Hover over the icon on the Taskbar
2)    A larger thumbnail of the program should show
3)    Right-click that larger thumbnail
4)    Select Move
5)    Hold down the Right Arrow key on the keyboard until the program comes into view
6)    If that doesn’t work, hold down the left arrow
7)    Once the window is in view, use the mouse to move it to the desired location.
😎  Shut down Pilot2ATC so the location will be remembered.