Sign in to follow this  
edkap

GNS530 popup display is different from one in panel

If I pop up the GNS530 display and change things and then unpop it, the unit in the panel does not show the changes I made.  Anybody else experience this?

-Ed

32 minutes ago, edkap said:

If I pop up the GNS530 display and change things and then unpop it, the unit in the panel does not show the changes I made.  Anybody else experience this?

-Ed

Yup that is "normal" for the default GNS530.  The popup unit is separate from the VC unit.

If you were to replace these by the Reality XP GNS530, it would all work correctly..

Bert

Thanks for the response Bert.  So where can I get the Reality XP GNS530?

-Ed

If you gonna take a RXP GPS and not attached to 530, I would recommanded GTN750

I bought 750 and 430, thinking I'll use 750 for large place and 430 for a small slot, but now I basiclly exclusively use 750 and regret not get 650 on sale,  because why not...

19 minutes ago, edkap said:

I don't think the GTN750 works in P3D

Sure it works, why are you thinking its not working??

Bruno

Bruno 

2 hours ago, edkap said:

I don't think the GTN750 works in P3D

The Carenado PC12 supports either an RXP GNS530 or Flight1 GTN750 "out of the box".

The RXP GTN750 also works, but you have to use the RXP dropdown menu to replace the Flight1 GTN by the RXP GTN.  This is a one time thing..

The GNS530 is likely coded as the older FSX type, and you may have to change the gauge name in the panel.cfg file. Again, a one time thing.

Bert

18 hours ago, C2615 said:

If you gonna take a RXP GPS and not attached to 530, I would recommend GTN750

I would agree.  In the real world, the GTN line has replaced the GNS line in Garmin's avionics lineup.

The GTN750 is a much more powerful and easy to use unit, and is supported in the Carenado PC12.  👍

Bert