Sign in to follow this  
Bikepianopete

FSX Activation issues

I've done all these things but still it tells me it can't connect with the server, although my cable Internet is working very well for everything  else. Any more suggestion would be very welcome. 

I have split you off from that extremely old topic.  The Microsoft FSX servers for Activation have been taken offline for a long time now.  You could try the phone number for your area that should be in your Main FSX folder. (good luck with that)!  Only other alternative is to purchase FSX Steam Edition.

Welcome to the AVSIM forums! 😀

The folder you are looking for is titled "Phone Activation.xml

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

There is a registry modification that works to activate FSX. As well as running as admin.

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Just a fyi, I recently reinstalled FSX DVD version and the online activation did work.

I was actually shocked because the last several times I installed FSX a few years ago a phone call was required for activation.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  FSX Steam Edition has no such issues.

Also, when installing either FSX or FSX Steam Edition, do not install to the default directory when using Windows Vista, 7, 8, or 10.  The security on the default Program Files directory often causes issues with games and sims.  Install to a directory that you create.

Edited by stans

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.