Sign in to follow this  
simaddict

Has anyone tried The "Skypark" for MSFS?

Before the VR Update I was using OnAir quite a bit and enjoyed it, the Sub Based System is a bit of a turn off though and I doubt I'll renew as mainly I've not touched it in over a month. With the others I personally don't see the need to Buy Skypark or Air Hauler 2 just yet when the Free NeoFly does essentially the same thing (currently), seems to be spending money just for a fancier UI which is not something I'm prepared to do. That and since the VR Update I've found myself doing a lot more Pleasure Flights to places, mainly as I was saving a lot of these specifically for VR so there's quite a "Must See List" to work through.

Having said that I do sometimes miss the "gaming" aspect of Delivering Goods and working towards a Goal of some kind, so one day I may check in on SP/AH2 and see where they're at. But they will have to be significantly better than NF to warrant a purchase I think.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

3 hours ago, SierraHotel said:

video removed

It's an interesting video, but it only shows what I have seen before: Skypark only offers a selection of routes to choose from, but there is no interaction during the flight, except a textmessage after landing. Yes, you can see your a rise in your experience and virtual bankaccount but that's it. It hardly adds to the immersion. It also bothers me that Skypark doesn't even care about the aircraft selection. This particular mission is to transport circus train parts, and Skypark advices to use a light single or twin prop to do it. Now if it were model train parts instead if circus train parts it would make sense.

After watching one the the reviews and first start video's Skypark was something I simply had to have. Then I watched some of the contract video's and that has put me off completely.  It seems to me that after the (wonderfully done) initial onboarding call and checkride, all you are left with is a fancy mission generator. If I am missing the point feel free to enlighten me.

Edited by orchestra_nl
grammar
  • Upvote 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

You who have used both One Air and Sky Park, which one do you prefer and why?

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

The annoying phone call from "Bridget", the chintzy looking pseudo-Ipad "Apps", and the "dude speak" already turned me off completely. 

2 hours ago, Ixoye said:

You who have used both One Air and Sky Park, which one do you prefer and why?

I have both. Im currently using Skypark because I like the freedom in choosing whatever plane I want to fly, and I also like the iPad with moving map. I only have one screen so it's nice to not have to switch windows to go between programs.

I also like the simplicity of it to a point, no worries about aircraft rentals, or where you happen to be at, just get paid to be a pilot and fly the route.

I do wish it had more of a career story line or explenation to it rather then just pick a random flight and go. I also wish the flights themselves had more customized story to them that is relative to the area.

For instance if I'm flying out of Van Nuys it would be cool to see a something like flying a private charter for a Hollywood executive to Las Vegas or Jackson Whole. You know something that would be custom and plausible for that region. All it would take is someone to sit down and go city by city and see what kinds of businesses or commerce they have and come up with some creative stories. I think it would make flying around different parts of the world more interesting and maybe educational. They kind of hinted at that early on but I haven't seen it yet, just a bunch of generic flights.

I am going to stick with Skypark in the hopes that they expand it and improve in some of these areas as I really do like the interface.

I currently have Onair but my sub just expired.  I'm considering skypark for some of the reasons above.  I literally just want something to get me to fly places I would think of.  I don't care about the career/company management aspect of some of the addons.  I see people mention Neofly, but the issue i have with it is that its geared more towards GA flying.  I like to do both GA and airliners flights, and Neofly is very limited when it comes to that from what i've seen in my short time with it. Maybe i'm doing something wrong and someone can point me to more airliners based flights.  But i'm considering taking the jump to Skypark because it seems to do more of what i'm looking for.  I have also been considering Airhauler, but like I mentioned before, I care more about the flying and just getting out there.  I like the freedom of skypark to flight where and when I want to.  

There is always Air Hauler 2 for MS2020.

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

Thanks to everyone that responded to my beginning post. My conclusion...what the heck, $42.00, I'm gonna buy it and try it!!

Thanks again everyone for all the feedback.

Mike.

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)MOTHERBOARD 
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

7 hours ago, simaddict said:

what the heck, $42.00, I'm gonna buy it

For those who are also considering getting this addon and are shocked by that price: that's $42.00 AUD. 😉 Other currencies (estimated) are US$32.49, €26,73 and £23.78.

Why are people paying for something that they could easily do and plan themselves?

You want to do bush flying in wherever? Probably plenty of information, routes, cargo, youtube videos etc. available.

35 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Why are people paying for something that they could easily do and plan themselves?

You want to do bush flying in wherever? Probably plenty of information, routes, cargo, youtube videos etc. available.

Because it gives a sense of purpose. Doing it all yourself isn't the same. Just going from any random A to any random B isn't the same as being 'asked' to go from this specific A to that specific B (which you might never have picked yourself) with some cargo and 'earning bucks' etc. with it. Flying simply from A to B can be really boring but flying (even the exact same route) from A to B to deliver goods and earn something, even though it's fake and all 'in the mind', makes everything so much more fun and worhwhile! And don't forget features and options will be added, like monitoring your flight etc. I fully understand some people might not get that at all and I suppose it's not something for everyone but it really works really well for me so... that's why I paid. 😉

I first used Neofly and noticed that if I did the exact same flight with or without it made a huge difference to the experience, how it felt to me. As I said, it's all in the mind and I know I am sort of fooling myself into believing it is all more worthwhile with The Skypart but... it simply works, so... I like it and love it. I won't fly without The Skypark anymore because it feels useless to me. 😉

Edited by tup61
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I really like the interface of Skypark but it's just so anemic compared to the free FSE (Flight Sim Economy).

Maybe after some time if they add a ton of depth and features to Skypark I'd consider it, but FSE just does the job so much better IMHO so I'll be sticking with it.

I have SkyPark and for me it is major disappointment. I was hoping for a good mix of fun and realistic ops, but it more mickey mouse playground.   Air Huler is better simulation real life ops in my opinion. Although Air Hauler is not perfect either.

I try to throw some suggesting to developer discord, but have never received any positive response. Which make me thing realistic simulation is not on their agenda. Just a random flight which don't make any sense all over the map.

I think SkyPark concept is ok, but implementation unfortunately not.

• Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI