Sign in to follow this  
FTD1949

MyTraffic X

Guest RGH

Hi all.As anyone Had problems with the instellation of MyTraffic X.This is the Program quoted by Simmarket as the only traffic program wrote soly for FSX not Quite true.When you reseve your download,it then tell you that once the files have installed that you have three more things to do manualy,These are not difficult if you have some knowlage of flight sim files,But what it dose not tell you is that you may get a problem,Evan if you have carried out the instuction to the letter.And you will be required to send files to the My Traffic support forum for them to check,If they are OK then you will be Required to start changeing more files I will admit at this stage You will get all the help they can to sort out your problem.But Should we be Going through all this When we have Just paid $52.57 US /39.44EUR/

That's a shame. I've been using MyTraffic products since the first week they were released for FS2002 and have always been happy with the product, the numerous free upgrades, the fast, responsive, efficient and friendly customer service. I installed into FSX without any difficulties and have been enjoying the product ever since. Sorry your sour grapes makes you want to bash the product. BTW my experience helping other simmers usually has me surprised at what they perceived to be "carrying out the instruction to the letter" ...usually that was not done and is exactly where the problems arise.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest RGH

Hi ZrehrSo you are an expert on MyTraffic and you dont have a problem,I am happy for you But there are quite a few have problems.Thank you for your kind Remarks and I hope you have a merry christmas.RegardsRex:-bla

Guest JIMJAM

I agree 100% that Mytraffic should have not been released with the burden of manual installation put on the customer.Pointing the instal in the right directory, yes, but manually finding and moving files with a mistake resulting in all kinds of problems,crashes,missing graphics, ect, NO.

Hi Rex,I hope you have a Merry Christmas too and I'm not trying to be sarcastic. I am sorry that you had problems and found yourself unhappy with the product.As to the installation process, yes there are things you have to do because of the way FSX had been designed, you can't just get in and modify some of those files blindly so a fully automatic installer is not presently possible. Regarding the dll.xml file Microsoft again decides it knows best what the programmer was meaning (like adding a CH Throttle Quadrant and MSFS deciding you wanted rudder assignments to the levers and some levers set to 50% or 0% sensitivity) and sets parameters its own way requiring a manual overwrite to allow MyTraffic to do what it does. Now if you already have some other add-ons installed that also modifed this file there can be a problem sometimes requiring a re-install of that software after MyTraffic X. As I said sorry you are unhappy, I have found them very helpful at fixing problems when I've encountered them.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest RGH

Hi again.Yes I agree with you 100% When I installed My traffic it was exactly as it was stated,But I had no traffic at EGGD my home airport that normaly as 3or4 small aircraft and 1 or 2 air linners. and also the toolbox did not show from there it went from bad to worse as I tried to fault find with the install instructions,in the end I had problems with my PC I contacted My Traffic support forum,and what they found was two problems that was brought about by their instalation instruction not been very clear,I had added a line in a file that showed in the instuctions but was not required when i removed them it made no differance.I will not knock the program or the tec support personel who tried to help but the damage had been done,I removed FSX and all the leftover files and re installed and every thing was back to normal by then I was not prepaird to go through all that again.As they will not give me a refund I will have to wait and see if they improve their instalation and install thenAll the bestRex

Guest Len

Had no problem whatsoever in the installation. Works like a charm.

Guest RGH

Hi LenYes it works for most.when they know what they are doing.The post was not to say whether it workeds or not I beleve it is a very good program,It is to say that The way they expect people with little expeariance to install the program,and quite a lot of people who have installed it correctly are haveing trouble.If you get Problems the team at my traffic forum will stick with you to sort it out.I personally spent 12hours trying to get it to work and gave up.Best regardsRex

I was seriously considering purchasing mytraffic X, now I'm not so sure. I don't want to have a $50+ USD peice of software that I cannot use or get a refund. I have been burnt with a similar problem before.I think I will just stick with world of ai for now.

I had problems at first then I took a break and looked at it the next day while wide awake. It seems I had made some typos. If you follow their directions to the letter I know of no reason why it shouldn't work. If you could post your files here I'd be happy to take a look at them. Just zip them...the same ones MyTraffic asks you to send them. I'd bet it's a simple typo. Craig

Guest RGH

Hi VIPERGTSR01If you understand the basics of adding to CFG.Files and you follow the instructions,and you FSX file is on C It should go without a hitch,do not do anything if it dose not work Contact The MyTraffic support Forum,Were they will take you through the installand try to correctfiles that do not work in your sim,There are some conflicks but you will have to check them out with MyTraffic.But for most people with a little knowlage of adding and changeing files it will all go well.But yes If they can not get it to run on your PC NO REFUNDSRegardsRex

Dont waste your money, this is a piece of crap. No traffic at airports in Denmark and several other places around the world, the guy who made it have no clue at all whats wrong with it, he just made some good money on a no good addon for FSX. Aircrafts look like they have been made by preteens.

Guest RGH

Hi Craig.MyTraffic had my files,One Of the problems that could have an affect on my setup,is that FSX as its own 74GB Raptor in my setup This is not my assumtion this was the final straw when they told me on the MyTraffic forum that I would have to alter other files to maybe get it to work,All the best craig and thanks for the offer.Rex.

Rex, My FSX is on a seperate drive as well. I didn't have to alter any other files to make it functional. The offer still stands. Craig

Guest munroman

I purchased My Traffic X and had absolutely no problems installing it. But what a dissapointment. The ai aircraft were badly drawn, there were plenty of aircraft parked at airports but none of them actually seemed to move. The author actually recomends leaving your pc on all night or while you are at work to recompile the traffic files. The program is a joke!As for having to carry out three manual steps to complete the installation. These are simple enough but should not be necessary if a properly written installation script is supplied with the product. These 3 manual steps have nothing to do with Flight sim x, windows or another piece of software, hardware on your pc. they are down to the author of the program.I removed my traffic x from my PC installed Traffic 2005 and installed the upgrade patch. Great - lots of lovely ai aircraft now inhabit my Flight Sim X world :-)I asked for my money back and I don't even think they bothered to say no - they just never refunded me.I will certainly never purchase another piece of software from the author of my traffic x and while I have purchased several items for fs2004 from simmarket I don't think I will purchase anymore!