Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chock

Virtualcol Beech 99 improved with new patch...

51 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

..and the cargo variant has how many seats? :wink:🍻

I guess onair can't differentiate between the two as the cargo variant I assume is just a livery, that's a bit of a bummer.

5 minutes ago, stefaandk said:

I guess onair can't differentiate between the two as the cargo variant I assume is just a livery, that's a bit of a bummer.

It's nice to have some company in the cockpit though 🤪

Sorry Morris. reading my reply back it looked rather too flippant.:blush: Rest assured that this wasn't the case, not that you appeared to take any offence 🍻

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

40 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

Sorry Morris. reading my reply back it looked rather too flippant.:blush: Rest assured that this wasn't the case, not that you appeared to take any offence 🍻

No offence taken at all - made me smile.  Ironically there is no visible co-pilot in the external view when flying the B99!!

On 1/19/2021 at 11:32 PM, stefaandk said:

I had a brief crack at the update earlier, my biggest gripe being the readability of the instruments in anything but optimal lighting conditions is hopefully still on a to do list.  The landing did seem somewhat improved (have to fly a bit more).  The sounds issues they claim are solved, not sure what solved means as I didn't particularly consider them broken but rather dysfunctional in that they were not very good or providing much audible feedback on engine activity.    It still has that weird thing when you swap to the external view it always sounds like there is a mini jet engine spooling up, maybe that's correct for a turboprop to happen at times I don't know.  But it's very odd how this sound effect is triggered by swapping to external view every time, and once I noticed this it really stands out as being somewhat artificial in when it happens.   There seems to be a weird thing with vspeed, whatever I set it to it always seems to be 200 fpm lower, I don't think it did that previously, I can live with that but not sure if you noticed that.  The propeller animation seems better now, more transparent compared to the white prop previously?

My comparison is admittedly based on very little first hand experience with the previous version to compare it against to begin with as I didn't get much enjoyment from flying it so it ended up collecting dust in the hangar.

Is it possible to alias the sound of the default Kingair 350i to this aircraft?

I just purchased this from Just Flight and I assume its the latest version, but who knows? I have a few problems with this plane apart from the odd engine sounds, the black prop levers being pretty much invisible, and the VSI generally 200-400fpm off from the actual rate.

I can't get the AP to capture ILS. Have switched from GPS to NAV mode (ILS shows up on HSI), turned on APR, intercepted at only slight angles and ILS is never captured. Anyone else?

Thanks

I equally have the VSI problem where the gauge is not matching the set rate, the autopilot is a bit clunky to operate but I find that to be the case in general with these bendix or equivalent ones.  I actually use this to manage the AP: https://flightsim.to/file/2828/msfs-mobile-companion-app

Can't say I had any ILS issues though, possibly that's related to ILS issues which certain airports are suffering from still.  I do use Navigraph data which imo behaves a bit better but even then MSFS itself needs to have the airport runways in place in its data (not just visually)

No argument on the engine sounds, they are not good.  Having said all that I notice that there was a new patch released a few days ago.  Haven't checked that one yet but given that you only just downloaded it you probably have version 1.9.2 so based on your feedback those issues/shortcomings persist.  But hey at least they keep updating it but they do need to work on the versioning in their links though, version numbering is all over the place.

https://www.virtualcol.com/front/news/virtualcol-announces-update-1-5-for-beehcraft-99-series-msfs/

I think I missed that patch

Hopefully it gives the aircraft more grunt off the line & lift off will occur sooner.

T45

Just tried the latest patch, the VSI is still off by 150fpm for me currently.  The sound on the outside has improved, they got rid of the very obvious jet engine spinup when switching between internal/external views which happened every time as it if it was triggered by this view switch and therefore came across as somewhat artificial.   The external sound is also has some wind buffeting effects now which aren't bad, other than that it still sound very tinny and maybe a bit louder than I would like on the inside but maybe that's matching the real plane. 

On 2/12/2021 at 5:06 PM, desbean said:

I can't get the AP to capture ILS. Have switched from GPS to NAV mode (ILS shows up on HSI), turned on APR, intercepted at only slight angles and ILS is never captured. Anyone else?

Thanks

Just flew to LICA in southern Italy and the AP captured the ILS approach, which was a relief since the weather and visibility were poor, so it does work at least sometimes! I'm enjoying flying this - using it in OnAir  - although it is still slow to get up to speed on take-off even with latest version installed. 

1 hour ago, MorrisMinor said:

Just flew to LICA in southern Italy and the AP captured the ILS approach, which was a relief since the weather and visibility were poor, so it does work at least sometimes! I'm enjoying flying this - using it in OnAir  - although it is still slow to get up to speed on take-off even with latest version installed. 

Thanks, just did a test flight and it did capture the ILS, so maybe I just did something wrong. It is an enjoyable plane although the sound of the engines in the cockpit sound bad to me. Could be accurate though, I don't know.

2 hours ago, desbean said:

Thanks, just did a test flight and it did capture the ILS, so maybe I just did something wrong. It is an enjoyable plane although the sound of the engines in the cockpit sound bad to me. Could be accurate though, I don't know.

Here's an inflight video of the real thing, only engines and cockpit sounds:  

It sounds significantly deeper and heavier in that video, particularly in cruise, it also doesn't have that oscillating engine noise irl.  The pitch is a lot higher and I would say too high within the sim.  It's volume is probably not unrealistic as it does seem pretty noisy even within the cockpit.  Bottom line the sounds could do with a complete overhaul still.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.