Sign in to follow this  
themose

Future of X-plane

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

But there seems to be a strange resistance amongst the X-Plane community to having nicer graphics in the sim

There is no resistance to better visuals that I am aware of. You may feel there is, but you seem to feel a lot of things that are simply not true. No one ever said that they are opposed to nicer graphics.

A lot of us say that nice graphics are not as important as some of the other things that X-Plane is better at than MSFS, that is a huge difference to being "resistant".

Some of us may even say that current X-Plane graphics are fine for them and some other feature would be higher in line for improvement for them.... but opposed to better visuals? No.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

11 hours ago, tonywob said:

Maybe, but can't see it happening due to that word not allowed pandemic thing that's going on 😑. I missed out going last year (had my tickets booked to LV and everything), so I guess this year it will be mostly an online event

Pretty sue it says it will be so maybe better quality than that recorded stuff

And I will say this again, some people just love to argue and complain, it seems to be the theme for to days generation, never satisfied and will never be satisfied always looking for something to complain about.

There theme and Motto, "I want it and I want it now, and fro free because I deserve it". And my parents had nothing.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Janov said:

There is no resistance to better visuals that I am aware of. You may feel there is, but you seem to feel a lot of things that are simply not true. No one ever said that they are opposed to nicer graphics.

My experience is that it is heresy to even suggest that the graphics are out of date and in need of improvement to the point where one can be cancelled for daring to say it.

26 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

My experience is that it is heresy to even suggest that the graphics are out of date and in need of improvement to the point where one can be cancelled for daring to say it.

No, an assumption. Lots of things we would love to see in Xplane, just not worth complaining over, you could go back to the hold blocky 16 but  one than you will have much to complain about, Was it the Z80 Spectrum ye.In those days every one was happy. Could care less about trees or clouds, they where flying planes.              

31 minutes ago, peroni said:

@mjrhealth are you complaining now? 😀

Stating a fact

Well, there is ONE member here that keeps claiming that X-Plane´s graphics are on par with MSFS. But if you carefully read that members posting history here and in other forums on avsim you will quickly come to the conclusion that his posts and claims hold little merit...to flightsimulation or reality at large and that his views on most things are a bit - detached - from what the rest of the worlds population experiences.

Some people love to argue and will therefore assume any "opposed" stance, no matter how weird that makes them look to the rest of us. There is even a pinned post that was put up just for that one member: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/570451-how-to-deal-with-a-user-whose-posts-you-cant-tolerate/

The rest of us readily acknowledge that X-Plane is inferior in looks and will benefit from an upgrade in visual fidelity.

Having sad that I invite you to go over to the MSFS forum and state: "I believe that the flightmodel and aerodynamics of MSFS could benefit from improvement." I don´t doubt for a second that a bunch of folks (including some claiming to be certified flight instructors) will pile on top of you stating that the flightmodel is perfect and "just the way my real plane flies" and certainly better than the competition´s.

Weirdos in every camp.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

There’s a difference between saying,”We don’t want better graphics” and others coming in and saying,”If laminar don’t do AS good as MSFS in graphics, they won’t last”. No one objected to more eye candy. Ever. We’re just patiently waiting. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, mSparks said:

If that is a reference to me,

No, it wasn't in particular. It was an observation I have made with regard to the most ardent X-Plane fans and those with a vested interest who see nothing wrong with things as they are and seem to think 'eye candy' is a frivolous distraction and an excess luxury of no importance. 

30 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

No, it wasn't in particular. It was an observation I have made with regard to the most ardent X-Plane fans and those with a vested interest who see nothing wrong with things as they are and seem to think 'eye candy' is a frivolous distraction and an excess luxury of no importance. 

Except for one single person here, I don't think there's anyone else claiming that XP visuals are on the level of MFS. And there are maybe 1 or 2 persons here who consider visuals not important at all.

You're being swayed by your own preconceptions. In the XP community at large, 17 out of the first 20 most wanted requests for XP are related, directly or indirectly (e.g. better fps) to visuals or weather. Most of those requests of improved weather include visual elements.

The remaining 3 out of 20 are related to ATC/AI, which is IMO another very important aspect for immersion.

The first request related to "hardcore" stuff is at the 23th position ("better FMS and Garmins").

https://feedback.x-plane.com/

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

45 minutes ago, Murmur said:

I don't think there's anyone else claiming that XP visuals are on the level of MFS.

I have not mentioned MSFS. It is irrelevant. I have no preconceptions. I can only go by what I have read (here and elsewhere)  with my own eyes? Many of the most prominent within the X-Plane community consider 'eye candy' to be unnecessary and irrelevant. Why else would they use the phrase if not in a derogatory sense? I can only conclude they don't want it?

I, on the other hand, badly want 'eye candy' in X-Plane and give it equal importance to the flight model.

Edited by jarmstro

Many of the most prominent within the X-Plane community consider 'eye candy' to be unnecessary and irrelevant. Why else would they use the phrase if not in a derogatory sense? I can only conclude they don't want it?

That's mainly a reaction to MFS trolls coming here.

As I demonstrated to you, improvements in visuals are way high in the priority list of the XP community

I, on the other hand, badly want 'eye candy' in X-Plane and give it equal importance to the flight model.

That's a subjective issue. I would lose interest in a flight sim with a poor flight model and great visuals, and I would lose interest in a flight sim with poor visuals and a great flight model. But maybe it would happen quicker in the first one. You may be different.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

4 hours ago, Murmur said:

Except for one single person here, I don't think there's anyone else claiming that XP visuals are on the level of MFS.

Cough cough mSparks has a reputation for uploading XP screen shots with low res PS2 style textures and light details whilst claiming it beats MSFS! The least they can do is accept realities (or visit the eye doctor).

Edited by Greazer
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Greazer said:

Cough cough mSparks has a reputation for uploading XP screen shots with low res PS2 style textures and light details whilst claiming it beats MSFS! The least they can do is accept realities (or visit the eye doctor).

Because it can/does.

did you read my post on the previous page?

still blaming you.....

AutoATC Developer