Sign in to follow this  
PierreFSX

PTT configuration MCE-PF3

With MCE you can configure PTT two ways. By using the <del> or <end> keys or by assigning a buttons on your joystick. I am using a yoke (cirrus II) when I fly airplane with yoke, like Boeing 747 so using FSUIPC6 I assign a yoke button to the send a <end> key. When I fly Airbus plane I use my joystick where I have button 4 assign to PTT. 

The joystick works perfectly  and can communicate with PF3-ATC with no problem, but with the yoke button it is very flaky. Sometime it works and other time it doesn't . 

When I start MCE i make sure I have only one option check. 

My first question is: In MCE can I have both options for PTT check at the same time? If not : Can I flip between them without have to restart MCE?

Is there a log file where I can see if MCE, when I use  yoke button (the <end> keys) is really sending the keystroke to PF3.

When using the joystick, what is sent to PF3?

In the MCE.cfg file I did found the Joystick assignment:

[GAMEPAD]
JoyManID=T.16000M
JoyProdID=T.16000M
JoyButton=4
UseWithVoxATC=0        

and the PF3 setup

[ATC]
Mode=PFE
PreventNativeATCCancellation=0
UseRadioNoise=1
StaticNoiseLevel=2
SecondaryNeedAtcWindow=0
atc1=0
atc2=0
atc3=1
atc4=1
atc5=0
UseRadarContact=0
IgnoreRC4Registry=0    //(Set this to 1 when RC4 isn't installed on the same machine as MCE)
RC4path=
IgnorePFERegistry=0    //(Set this to 1 when PFE isn't installed on the same machine as MCE)
PFEpath=
IgnoreFlightPlan=0
FlightPlansPath=

Both I do not see any reference to the use of the  <del> or <end> keys option.

Pierre Nantel
Asus Prime Z490-A | Intel I9-10900K  | 32 Gb Corsair 2666Mhz DDR4 | 2XSamsung 960 M.2 SSD | Asus GF GTX 1080 ti turbo 11 GB | Win 10 | Prepar3D 5.3 HF1 | AS/ASCA | EFB 2 | PF3 | MCE | PMDG 747-777 |  Twin Otter | Q400 | Aerosoft Airbus series

Hi I was able to sort out my problem, everything is working find

Pierre

Pierre Nantel
Asus Prime Z490-A | Intel I9-10900K  | 32 Gb Corsair 2666Mhz DDR4 | 2XSamsung 960 M.2 SSD | Asus GF GTX 1080 ti turbo 11 GB | Win 10 | Prepar3D 5.3 HF1 | AS/ASCA | EFB 2 | PF3 | MCE | PMDG 747-777 |  Twin Otter | Q400 | Aerosoft Airbus series

10 hours ago, PierreFSX said:

Hi I was able to sort out my problem, everything is working find

Pierre

Just wanted to add.

MCE can monitor joystick directly. No need to set emulated DEL key via FSUIPC.

For those on VATSIM. since V2.8.90, you no longer need END key to suspend MCE speech reco. Just enable "Talk to ATC controlles" feature and select ATC mode to "Other".

Both DEL key and assigned joystick buttons will then muste all MCE reco when talking online.