Sign in to follow this  
regis9

DC Designs F15 Released

$40.99 at JustFlight...looking forward to first impressions, it will certainly be the fastest aircraft released for MSFS so far.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

20 minutes ago, regis9 said:

$40.99 at JustFlight.

Oooof.....that's a little pricey for my taste, esp knowing that if I needed an F15 fix, DCS will take care of that 1000 times better...with the only caveat of course that you can't fly anywhere in the world.

And with the new pricing methodology MSFS has pretty much pushed on the community, they should consider making much more profit selling 10,000 at $10, vs selling 1000 at $40. (just examples of course).

I know there is no way a kid on Xbox is going to blow $41 of their allowance/lawn mowing money on one plane, but $10...for sure.   Can't understand why some devs just can't see this when it comes to actually making money in MSFS. 

Did they overcome the limitation of getting her to fly past Mach 1 in the sim?  Without that....there is no way I'd be a customer, for in reality...what's the point?  My $24 outstanding MB339 gives me fighter-jet qualities at sub-sonic speeds.   I think one of the coolest things in DCS is going supersonic and switching to a flyby view, and hear the very convincing sonic boom as your plane zooms by. 🙂 

Anyway...I wish them luck with their sales, and like you, looking forward to 1st impressions.  The vids I saw of it last week left me very underwhelmed for a $41 product...not sure how much they could have done to improve it to be anywhere near their asking price in one week. (The cockpit was not impressive at all...again comparing it to Dino's masterpiece).

• Like 9
  • Upvote 3

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

It looks like....for £26...lol, I would not even install if it was free.

dc-designs-f15-c-d-e-i-eagle-microsoft-f

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Not the kind of thing I would look to fly in MSFS really, especially with the Mach 1 speed limitation.

MSFS is excellent for low and slow VFR as we know - that's where it excels. 

If I wanted this type of aircraft, I would fire up DCS, which would have weapons capability as well of course.  DCS is an excellent sim for this kind of thing.  So 'Horses for courses' I think.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

24 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Did they overcome the limitation of getting her to fly past Mach 1 in the sim?

I'm interested in this as well.  It was my understanding, at least early on, that this was a current limitation of the MSFS flight modeling.

-C

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, EVGA RTX3080 FTW3 Ultra, 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz

MSFS, XP11, XP12, DCS, IL-2, Falcon BMS, LMNOP

The Eurofighter does about Mach 2 just fine in FS2020. So I am sure this does as well.

It will be fun to try on the carrier.

I will get it as soon as I see some video of consumers using it, and if it looks like it lives up to the hype.

Price is fine with me. Whatever the market will bear works.

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

2 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Not the kind of thing I would look to fly in MSFS really, especially with the Mach 1 speed limitation.

MSFS is excellent for low and slow VFR as we know - that's where it excels. 

If I wanted this type of aircraft, I would fire up DCS, which would have weapons capability as well of course.  DCS is an excellent sim for this kind of thing.  So 'Horses for courses' I think.

2 hours ago, cmorg said:

I'm interested in this as well.  It was my understanding, at least early on, that this was a current limitation of the MSFS flight modeling.

I don't have this plane but I don't think there is a limit in speed in MSFS. I have couple of fighters that exceeds 1.5 Mach. They are probably FSX converted but speeds are no limit.

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

2 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

And with the new pricing methodology MSFS has pretty much pushed on the community, they should consider making much more profit selling 10,000 at $10, vs selling 1000 at $40. (just examples of course).

I know there is no way a kid on Xbox is going to blow $41 of their allowance/lawn mowing money on one plane, but $10...for sure.   Can't understand why some devs just can't see this when it comes to actually making money in MSFS. 

Right on brother!

Of course you already knew how I felt about this.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

18 minutes ago, BijanStudio said:

I don't have this plane but I don't think there is a limit in speed in MSFS. I have couple of fighters that exceeds 1.5 Mach. They are probably FSX converted but speeds are no limit.

That may well be the case that planes can Exceed Mach 1 but do the Physics actually work correctly above this speed? It's my understanding that Supersonic Speed is not accurately working at this time, so for me I'm staying well away from these planes until it's confirmed to be properly implemented.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

2 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Maybe they're thinking they'll sell 1000 at $40 and after a while put it on sale and then sell another 9,000 for $10. 

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

I really don't get why would i want to buy a fighter jet that doesn't fly like one, doesn't have a fully simulated avionics nor proper working weapons.. All of which at 33 euros. In a civilian simulator.

Edited by Pastaiolo
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

12 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

Maybe they're thinking they'll sell 1000 at $40 and after a while put it on sale and then sell another 9,000 for $10. 

This may well be the thought process, although the price is broadly in line with previous DC Designs military aeroplanes for P3D/FSX. Personally, I was happy to buy their F/A-18 for P3D a while back as it was a first look at what this developer could do and was compatible with good add-on Carriers, so it was worth a punt for that as well as any other reasons for buying it, and at 26 quid it was maybe on the ragged edge of what I'd pay for something which was fairly light on systems replication, but that was the price of entry for the curious.

I'm a bit less convinced with this F-15 though; I think shaving maybe seven quid off the price for an MSFS version might yield better sales, as we've seen with Carenado's YMF biplane, which was a bit of a no-brainer at the price it sits at. But when we consider that you can buy the DCS Flaming Cliffs add on for pretty close to the same price as this and get a flyable F-15C, plus an A-10A, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-29A, MiG-29S and an Su-25 and a military campaign to go with them all, or you can buy the F-15 on its own for 15 quid, then it's a bit more of a tricky decision.

Of course there is the fact that you can fly this F-15 anywhere in the world in MSFS, whereas you can only fly where the terrain campaign maps are in DCS, but after that it's difficult to justify the difference. But, if you want a pretty F-15 lookalike in MSFS, then that might be justification enough for many.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

3 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Did they overcome the limitation of getting her to fly past Mach 1 in the sim? 

8 minutes ago, MarcG said:

...but do the Physics actually work correctly above this speed? It's my understanding that Supersonic Speed is not accurately working at this time...

There seems to be some validity in the sim not working properly above Mach 1. I bought the Eurofighter a few days ago. And there seems to be stability issues above 800 knots, shaking and trembling in the top speed range.

• Like 1

Have they figured out a way around the 'Mach 1' limitation?

Edit: This thread is a dupe, 12 replies already over here:

Edited by marsman2020

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals