Sign in to follow this  
regis9

DC Designs F15 Released

40 minutes ago, Chock said:

But, if you want a pretty F-15 lookalike in MSFS, then that might be justification enough for many.

Good enough for me!

I agree with a lot of the sentiment here about the price of this, and indeed the whole pricing ethos for MSFS, but I've wanted a workable one of these in a good-looking sim for a long while. And yes I know about DCS (I have it but use it extremely rarely), but here is where I want to be these days. I don't see me replacing the vast hangar I built up for P3D and (less so) X-Plane, and there's a whole raft of stuff I've bought before at these sorts of prices that I won't even think about buying again for MSFS unless they come out at real bargain rates, but I did want this, and I'd pay the same sort of money for just a few others (Su27, Mig29, C130, C17, C5 spring to mind) if they ever make it to MSFS.

If Carenado/Alabeo stick to the sort of pricing they did with the Waco I'll probably buy just a couple more of those when they arrive, and helicopters might be a different matter when they eventually show up, but things like the Carbon Cub and the default Baron are plenty good enough for me for everyday sightseeing and that's what I like to do most. I have a soft spot for the A318 so if Aerosoft release that I might succumb, but Captain Sim and the like won't be getting any of my cash this time round, I suspect.

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Well, that supersonic flight does not workfproperly can be seen on each.and.every YT video showing a plane above Mach 1. They all wobble around like hell, never seen any plane with a steady calm flight so far. 

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

28 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Well, that supersonic flight does not workfproperly can be seen on each.and.every YT video showing a plane above Mach 1. They all wobble around like hell, never seen any plane with a steady calm flight so far. 

1 hour ago, Ragnaroq said:

There seems to be some validity in the sim not working properly above Mach 1. I bought the Eurofighter a few days ago. And there seems to be stability issues above 800 knots, shaking and trembling in the top speed range.

I'm not sure if it's the sim or the Eurofighter that is at issue in my quote above. There is a starwars addon I flew around in for a few minutes at way faster than Mach 1 and it didn't shake and tremble. I prefer military type jets in sims, and never had trembling like this in other sims. I like military jets for their handling and aerobatic qualities. My favorite is the F-16, so stable and spins straight as an arrow.

This F-15 is a little pricey for my taste but I'll consider it if it gets good reviews. I have the Aermacchi MB-339 and the Eurofighter to scratch that itch for now. And there are other DLCs in racing sims I'd rather have. The Eurofighter is quite fun under 800-900 knots and has AP, fun handling, working animations and afterburners, and lands fun and beautifully.

Edited by Ragnaroq

Just bought it. This tops out at 700 knots ish. 

It's a bunch of fun but there's still some refinement needed. Textures are a bit glitchy. 

I couldn't give a toss about slavish replication myself, and I've got little to compare it to anyway.

Being able to skim across the world at high speed making whooshing noises is enough for me. It'll send me to places and situations I otherwise wouldn't have. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, UAL4life said:

Lol the Mach limitation in this sim is a complete joke. So much for Concord as well...

Let's be honest, you can't be that bothered about having a Concorde if you don't even know how to spell it!

The lack of Mach 1 plus speed capabilities in the sim is an issue of course, but I suspect it is because we're awaiting an SDK, at the release time it wasn't relevant since there wasn't any included default aeroplane which could surpass that speed limit.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

13 minutes ago, Chock said:

Let's be honest, you can't be that bothered about having a Concorde if you don't even know how to spell it!

I just blew coffee down my nose!  Fair comment though!

PS. Personally, I'm still waiting for a decent Cessner!

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

43 minutes ago, Ragnaroq said:

I'm not sure if it's the sim or the Eurofighter that is at issue in my quote above. There is a starwars addon I flew around in for a few minutes at way faster than Mach 1 and it didn't shake and tremble.

Not quite sure whether to take you seriously or not...🤔

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

10 minutes ago, Chock said:

The lack of Mach 1 plus speed capabilities in the sim is an issue of course, but I suspect it is because we're awaiting an SDK, at the release time it wasn't relevant since there wasn't any included default aeroplane which could surpass that speed limit.

This is one way to look at this. Mine is: if their current aerodynamic model fails with supersonic flight, I wonder where else it is totally off and unrealistic. And if you read some recent posts in the official forums, there are plenty of things about the aerodynamic model that makes me wonder...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

4 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Not quite sure whether to take you seriously or not...🤔

I'm not such a hardcore simmer that everything has to be seriously IRL like. Been simming since FS2004. Take it as seriously or not as you like.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AnkH said:

This is one way to look at this. Mine is: if their current aerodynamic model fails with supersonic flight, I wonder where else it is totally off and unrealistic. And if you read some recent posts in the official forums, there are plenty of things about the aerodynamic model that makes me wonder...

True, but my point is that there aren't helicopters in the sim yet by default either. They have said there will be at some point, so right now if you made a helicopter for the sim, you're kind of on your own and shouldn't be surprised if it doesn't work to well when the capability to support it hasn't been officially stuck in there yet. Same with super-fast aeroplanes which go past the mach 1 speed limit, with none in the base sim by default, it shouldn't come as too much of a surprise to find it doesn't handle them well. They'll probably get around to that too, possibly already have done in the SDK which Aerosoft are assisting with. 

I'm not suggesting all is fine and none of this needs addressing, clearly it does need work, but I'm just pointing out that there is at least a (maybe even reasonable) explanation as to why it doesn't work yet.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Yeah, that's way too pricy.

33 minutes ago, Chock said:

True, but my point is that there aren't helicopters in the sim yet by default either. They have said there will be at some point, so right now if you made a helicopter for the sim, you're kind of on your own and shouldn't be surprised if it doesn't work to well when the capability to support it hasn't been officially stuck in there yet. Same with super-fast aeroplanes which go past the mach 1 speed limit, with none in the base sim by default, it shouldn't come as too much of a surprise to find it doesn't handle them well. They'll probably get around to that too, possibly already have done in the SDK which Aerosoft are assisting with. 

I'm not suggesting all is fine and none of this needs addressing, clearly it does need work, but I'm just pointing out that there is at least a (maybe even reasonable) explanation as to why it doesn't work yet.

Could Pre-Acceleration FSX do supersonic?

Edited by Tuskin38

3 hours ago, zootsuit said:

Afternoon all,

DC designs dropped the Eagles earlier on today https://www.justflight.com/product/dc-designs-f15-c-d-e-i-eagle-microsoft-flight-simulator

Do we have any first impressions or thoughts?

Since these type of posts encourage 'Just play DCS' replies pretty frequently, dont worry I do.

Thanks

I just have to say this, there is no way I'm paying $40 for a fighter jet like the F15 in FS.  DCS I'd pay this as that's a combat environment with missiles and guns but a GA plateform, no way.  The older trainer jets are interesting but for an F15 I need DCS.  

• Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, superspud said:

Being able to skim across the world at high speed making whooshing noises is enough for me

Nice one! And if you slow down enough as you go over the school playground and see the grey-haired, bearded, slightly podgy kid running around with his arms out going "vrooooom" - tilt your wings and I'll wave back!

• Like 2

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.