Sign in to follow this  
Biology

Best full steam gauge airliners for P3D v5

Hi,

I use both P3D and X-Plane (P3D for modern airliners and X-Plane for classic airliners) but having to buy add-ons for both simulators is rather too much for me, so I have been thinking of dropping X-Plane entirely.

What are the best full steam gauge airliners available for P3D v5, preferably similar to what I'm used to with FlyJSim classics? I have been thinking of CaptainSim L1011, CaptainSim 737-200 and a few others, but I'm rather lost.

The upcoming Just Flight 747 and A300 look really exciting, but I wouldn't be surprised if their releases are months away.

Thanks in advance.

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

4 minutes ago, bic said:

I have the Maddog and I love it, but I am looking for an airliner with steam gauges only, something like a 737-200, 727, L1011 or similar...

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

i don't have it but people speak well of the cool sky dc9.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

6 minutes ago, BiologicalNanobot said:

I have the Maddog and I love it, but I am looking for an airliner with steam gauges only, something like a 737-200, 727, L1011 or similar...

You already mentioned it, but wait for the JustFlight  Airbus A300B4. 

It's in beta right now (in fact a new build was disitributed to us earlier today)

Speaking of JF, they also have the BAe 146 for P3D

• Like 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

You can also install the just flight DC10, its not officially supported but if you go to this thread... 

There is an excellent guide to get it fully working, however you will need a licenced copy of Fsuipc to get it working.

• Like 2

Richard Smith

33 minutes ago, R Smith said:

You can also install the just flight DC10, its not officially supported but if you go to this thread... 

There is an excellent guide to get it fully working, however you will need a licenced copy of Fsuipc to get it working.

You'll kick yourself Richard when you realise who started the thread you linked to 😉

Edited by Paul Golding
  • Like 1

Cheers

Paul Golding

Its a pity the PMDG DC6 is not updated to P3Dv5 yet. I read that some people installed it anyway and it works ......

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

I have the milviz 737-200 but not tried using it in V5, it’s not been updated yet I believe. It’s at the same level as the flyJ 737, though personally I prefer the flyJ out of the 2.

I’d guess the JF 146 is the current best classic for V5 

Edited by jon b

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

4 hours ago, Paul Golding said:

You'll kick yourself Richard when you realise who started the thread you linked to 😉

Lol, i didn't spot that!

• Like 1

Richard Smith

6 hours ago, micstatic said:

i don't have it but people speak well of the cool sky dc9.  

The CoolSky DC-9 is about as good a steam gauge, study level sim as there is in P3D.  It ranks up there with PMDG  Their implementation of the FD 108 flight director and other instruments is spot on.  The only drawback is the night lighting that is inherent with the McPhat work on the cockpit that is no longer supported, McPhat having gone bye-bye sometime ago.  

I have the MilViz B737-200 and the CS737, and neither of them come up to the quality of the CoolSky's DC9 

FWIW, if you're running FSX, Captain Sim's B707 is also very nice.  I really the attitude indicator/flight director on that airplane and wish that there were a way to move it to the B727 and B737 planes. 

Rich Boll

• Like 1

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

6 hours ago, rmeier said:

The CS737 with Nickbe's mods is pretty good.

Could you please elaborate or post a link to these mods?  I'm very interested in them.

Thanks!

Rich Boll

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS