Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

F-15 now available!

Just checked my emails and saw the announcement of this. Had to get it! First attempt at a flight, out and back to Nellis AFB. Looks 'kin luvverly!

Qsabfvh.jpg

rg8zDVM.jpg

TjFFXvk.jpg

4wQEfR1.jpg

Cf9COHU.jpg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Beautiful Model.Great shots!!

• Like 1

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Great shots and a nice Jet !

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

How does it fly Andy? I mean, is it as much fun as it looks?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

9 minutes ago, DJJose said:

How does it fly Andy? I mean, is it as much fun as it looks?

Hi DJJose, I'm possibly not the best person to answer that properly. in that I'm not much of a one for serious flying. I'm what I always used to describe as a "ctrl-E" kind of guy as far as flying the aircraft goes. I didn't have any trouble getting off the ground, and it seems to respond to the throttle and other controls ok, but like the Eurofighter it tends to run fast more easily than slow. And looking at it on replay it does seem to be a teensy bit wobbly at high speed, which I believe is a problem with the sim rather than the plane. For me, I would mostly be flying this at low speeds anyway as otherwise the scenery refresh can't keep up and I can't stand seeing blurries. There are lots of planes I really like (and this is one of them, as is the Eurofighter), but in general I like to see them in the scenery rather than be inside them looking out (or even just at the instruments).

But if you do want to thrash around it'll certainly do the job and feels, in my limited experience, like it handles acceptably. In terms of actually flying, something like the Savage Cub or the Waco is more me though.

It is a bit pricey, and the illumination on the panels feels a little bright and garish (but maybe the real thing is like that, I've no idea), but to me it looks nicely modelled and it is one of a smallish (ok, mediumish) number of aircraft I feel I really have to have.

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

@Schwarzgruber, @Phantom88, and @pmplayer - thanks guys. Aircraft looks and their appeal is a strange thing. This is one of those planes that just looks 'right' to me, but, for example, I've never been taken with the F-14 and really, they're not that dissimilar. Weird, aint it?

• Upvote 2

Wow, superb, Andy! Just in case you have applied full power once, did you see an afterburner effect? 

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Can it go supersonic ?

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

2 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Wow, superb, Andy! Just in case you have applied full power once, did you see an afterburner effect? 

Hi Bernd - afraid I did more than once, and yes, it's there. Trouble is it takes about 10 minutes of speed brake to get back down to sanity.

53 minutes ago, Rogen said:

Can it go supersonic ?

According to the gauges and the moving map, yes. Bit wobbly up there though - sort of micro-jitters. I have, of course, no real world experience of such things so I've no idea if this is stunningly realistic modelling or a cack-up.

Great shots! What scenery add-ons are you running? I’m not a military jets fan (which is odd since I’m retired USAF and worked on them) but the scenery really caught my attention.

| i5 7400@3GHz | 8GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB | 1TB HDD | Saitek X52 Pro |

21 hours ago, GerryJ01 said:

Great shots! What scenery add-ons are you running? I’m not a military jets fan (which is odd since I’m retired USAF and worked on them) but the scenery really caught my attention.

Hi Gerry, that's the FlyTampa KLAS package. Great bit of scenery, but you might struggle with it a bit on your setup - it's a bit demanding. I'd check with them and see what they say.

• Like 1