Sign in to follow this  
jt233

Milviz Sr-71 Blackbird.

So for a while now I've been hoping for a good SR-71 for P3D V4 after searching online recently I found out that Milviz is working on one however the most recent info I found was from 2019. So I'm just curious, has there been any updates since then and is the plane going to be released for P3D v4? Also, I was going to post this on the Milviz forums, but I couldn't find a button to register.

Thanks

Jason Thiers

56 minutes ago, jt233 said:

So for a while now I've been hoping for a good SR-71 for P3D V4 after searching online recently I found out that Milviz is working on one however the most recent info I found was from 2019. So I'm just curious, has there been any updates since then and is the plane going to be released for P3D v4? Also, I was going to post this on the Milviz forums, but I couldn't find a button to register.

Thanks

I don't have any real information, but MilViz has announced a lot (C-130, SR-71, new F-15, a Lear 60 I think?) and we've seen very little.  Their 350i was a famous debacle a couple years ago for a paid-for-beta that stalled in beta and no one got a usable airplane for years.  They did finally release it and it is/was reasonably ok at that point, but years late.  I think they're well intended and not trying to do anything shady, but I wouldn't count on any of their announcements until the add-on is done and ready for release.

Eric Szczesniak

reasonably ok?  WHAT?????  Sheesh... do you even OWN it?

Yes... work continues on the SR.

• Upvote 1

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

9 hours ago, Milviz said:

reasonably ok? 

15 hours ago, ESzczesniak said:

They did finally release it and it is/was reasonably ok

I bought the Milviz KA350i a month ago and it is an excellent aircraft. The only niggles I have noticed really are 1. ILS tracking is wobbly at times (there is a thread in the support forum already looking at this); and 2. The chart viewing functions don't work fully and/or evade my understanding of them fully!

No purchase regrets, well worth the money IMHO

Edit: C130J C130J C130J 😃

Edited by kevinfirth
  • Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

15 hours ago, Milviz said:

reasonably ok?  WHAT?????  Sheesh... do you even OWN it?

Yes... work continues on the SR.

No I don’t, not my style aircraft. I’m only speaking from commentary I’ve seen in forums. It is generally positive, but also not PMDG/FSL and a lot of people were soured by the beta experience. 

I’ve enjoyed the Milviz aircraft that I’ve owned and found them very good, but they’ve all been tactical aircraft. For better or worse now DCS is my go to for that type of flying now. But I can’t wait to see the C-130 and SR-71. 

Eric Szczesniak

Well, if you ever get interested in turboprops, get the Milviz B350. It is one of the best models out there, and since I prefer turboprops, I actually fly it way more often than FSL or PMDG. If you take into account that the real 350i can be operated by a single pilot, it is even more realistic than FSL or PMDG. 

Peter

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, ESzczesniak said:

No I don’t, not my style aircraft. I’m only speaking from commentary I’ve seen in forums. It is generally positive, but also not PMDG/FSL and a lot of people were soured by the beta experience. 

I think you're missing out but that's just my opinion.  I think this is on the same level as the Majestic Q400 and I hold that product in very high regard.  Don't rely on third hand info, if you don't want to buy it fair play, but quoting other people's opinions isn't terribly helpful?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

13 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

I think you're missing out but that's just my opinion.  I think this is on the same level as the Majestic Q400 and I hold that product in very high regard.  Don't rely on third hand info, if you don't want to buy it fair play, but quoting other people's opinions isn't terribly helpful?

All I was trying to do is say they eventually made things right, fixing the beta debacle released a complete product. But if everyone wants to pick on this, go ahead. 

Eric Szczesniak