Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

Some new scenery releases for MDSD, HCMM and RKPK

Hello all,

Thought I'd give a headsup on some new scenery releases that I think some of us at least had been looking for for quite a while.

New release for Santo Domingo MDSD: https://secure.simmarket.com/bravoairspace-mdsd-las-americas-international-airport-p3d-v4.5.phtml
This one looks very nice to me and a greta price!

Mogadishu HCMM: https://secure.simmarket.com/fscgaa-somalia-mogadishu-aden-adde-international-airport-hcmm-p3d.phtml
Because ANY new African airport is a big thing for me...

Busan RKPK: https://secure.simmarket.com/aak-design-gimhae-intl-airport-for-p3dv4.phtml (v4) and https://secure.simmarket.com/aak-design-gimhae-intl-airport-for-p3dv5.phtml (v5)
Because ANY new Asian airport is also a big thing for me, but this one the price is a little bit steep for me to buy it outright.

I already went and got MDSD and HCMM, but will not have time to install and try it anytime soon. The price for both of these was fairly low. But if anybody gets RKPK, I'd love to hear impressions.

• Like 3

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

$30.41 for that Busan airport is insane. No wonder the P3D market has tanked. 

inb4 someone says "well don't buy it then" as if we shouldn't be calling out devs who apparently do a line of coke before deciding how to price their scenery

The other sceneries don't look good either.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Benjamin J said:

Mogadishu HCMM: https://secure.simmarket.com/fscgaa-somalia-mogadishu-aden-adde-international-airport-hcmm-p3d.phtml
Because ANY new African airport is a big thing for me...

There is a vid out there on YouTube of a cargo 727 doing a low altitude steep-banking circling approach (seaward side) to HCMM.  It's been said they do that to avoid being shot at, which has happened to aircraft overflying that city...

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

24 minutes ago, Mace said:

There is a vid out there on YouTube of a cargo 727 doing a low altitude steep-banking circling approach (seaward side) to HCMM.  It's been said they do that to avoid being shot at, which has happened to aircraft overflying that city...

Yes! I've seen that video. Pretty crazy... 

HCMM currently has some afscinating traffic flying in and out of it, including MD82, DC9 and 727, along with Daallo and Qatar's A320s, and Ethiopian B738. Also, there are multiple interesting routes, such as to Nairobi, Entebbe, Addis Ababa as well as Jeddah, Muscat and Dubai. By all means, Mogadishu is quite an intriguing FS destination in my book.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

10 hours ago, Chapstick said:

$30.41 for that Busan airport is insane. No wonder the P3D market has tanked. 

inb4 someone says "well don't buy it then" as if we shouldn't be calling out devs who apparently do a line of coke before deciding how to price their scenery

The other sceneries don't look good either.

It wont look good enough for you, but it´s free and up to date (P3D4/5)

https://hosii.info/notice/1731

• Like 1

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

The Santo Domingo one looks pretty good and the price is very reasonable I find.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Got Santo Domingo yesterday and did a flight SBEG-MDSD. The airport is definitely an improvement from anything previous, and is nicely done considering the low price. Later after restating the PC decided to depart from the same airport for another flight and got the "Run out of memory" message, however this didn't happen after landing during the previous flight and before placing the blame on the scenery I will investigate further and will let you know the results after further testing later today. The developer states in the pdf "My P3Dv5 dilemma. I’m not promoting this airport to be utilized in P3D-V5 because I myself have been having technical issues operating this airport with the P3D-v5. At the moment, I can only encourage users to operate it in P3D-V4.5. If you like,go ahead and utilize it in P3D-V5."

6 hours ago, ideoplastic said:

Below screenshots that show the scenery in P3Dv5.1+H consumes high GPU memory and an additional chunk of my 8MB GPU memory. Also screenshot in the same parking spot without the scenery.

https://flic.kr/p/2kuLUZo

https://flic.kr/p/2kuQAiR

Will drop a line to the developer to see if he can improve the scenery to reduce GPU usage.

Yeah that's a lot of VRAM for something that looks like it was made in 2004. 

• Upvote 1

When you compare the stuff being released for MSFS both in terms of quality and quantity,  P3D is non-existent anymore. The LTFM scenery was the exception along with the EGSS just released. Pickings are getting very slim.

Eric 

8 minutes ago, B777ER said:

When you compare the stuff being released for MSFS both in terms of quality and quantity,  P3D is non-existent anymore. The LTFM scenery was the exception along with the EGSS just released. Pickings are getting very slim.

In terms of quality they are all the same actually. What makes the difference is the lighting environment and the presence of higher quality default assets. As a fun comparison, have a look at FSXScenery's offerings, and compare screenshots from the P3D versions and MSFS versions. For the most part these are the exact same models, but they look almost acceptable in MSFS, where in P3D they were... well. MSFS simply has a better rendering engine that makes low quality products look quite good... in my humble opinion. As for quantity, that's because the development for MSFS is much more streamlined and easier to handle for beginners, and you can clearly see the result of that.

And yes MDSD's VRAM seems pretty crazy. I'll install it later and see for myself how well it performs on my end. I'm not entirely surprised though. Low VRAM usage is the result of less vertices and less texture maps, and this can usually be achieved through proper optimization. As this seems to me to be a new developer, it's likely those skills aren't quite there yet. I can only hope the developer will work on these skills, though...

@ideoplastic, what are your texture resolution settings?

Benjamin van Soldt

19 hours ago, B777ER said:

I have the most expensive version of MSFS and have noticed that most releases are now for this sim, however if you go to the MSFS forum there are huge numbers of bugs and problems, not to mention the lack of any decent Jets like PMDG and Airbus, the setting up of peripherals and the mess they created with their overblown settings menus with terminologies that hardly any serious simmer understands. If you fly GA great if not P3D is still the sim to go to. Many of us have accumulated a huge number of airports and aircrafts and with many good quality photoreal sceneries and at high altitude sometimes it is difficult to tell the difference. Large parts of MSFS world have terrible photoreal textures and will need to be updated to achieve the eye candy they promised around the world. Let's not mention the majority of buildings are nothing more than grey blocks. I haven't spent any money on any airports released so far for without decent Jets I have no use for this sim which hasn't even got a proper SDK and is totally unfinished. Believe it or not some developers still issue scenery for P3D, not many of course because P3D is pretty well covered by what has been released.  Also huge scenery releases don't necessarily mean huge sales.

I fly on Vatsim and keep hearing pilots on MSFS2020 having issues with navdata, pilot clients, etc. May be in 2022 they will complete the SDK and iron out the multiple issues affecting the sim, then developers like PMDG, FSLabs, etc will be able to release their products. Until then I remain on P3D and will continue using it while it still develops, for who knows what is yet to come from them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ideoplastic said:

Good day Benjamin

My monitor runs @30Mhz with fixed frames rates at 30. However my Card is only 8GB and in order to avoid possible VRAM limit use 2048 textures as default and to be honest don't notice much difference from 4096.

See screenshots below:

https://flic.kr/p/2kvcJ3C

https://flic.kr/p/2kvcdZ1

Regards

Thanks Joaquin. I also installed MDSD and can replicate your issues. I'm not that concerned about the VRAM though... Note that it's a full PBR airport, and that's likely why it consumes more VRAM than the average addon airport available today. Somebody mentioned LTFM on this thread - this is not a PBR airport and hence its VRAM footprint is lower.

However, I do suffer from rather bad performance at MDSD. My FPS staring at the terminal was 14FPS (!) where at FlyTampa's EHAM with OrbX's TE NL I have 25 (!). However, I have been in touch with the developer and he seems determined to make things better. If he can improve the performance, I think this could amount to a rather nice airport overall.

As for HCMM, I quite like this addon, but I had to rework the AFCAD. They opened a thread at FSDeveloper, where I complained about this. I had to manually exclude default buildings for use in P3Dv5, and realign the parking spots and taxi paths with the groundpoly. I do not expect to need to do such things when I buy an addon airport to be honest...

Also, it seems RKPK disappeared from Simmarket...?

Benjamin van Soldt

Hi Guys,

I'm Francis of BravoAirspace, MDSD - Las Americas International P3D V4V5.

I'm going to work on optimizing this scenery. I apologize for messing up you flights. I know how it feels to buy an airport and then it's impossible.

I want to optimize this as much as possible. You guys will be notified. If you have any other questions, email me.

@ideoplastic I saw your post in the forum I have for BA.  Let me take care of this.

Thank you guys, have a great rest of your weekend.

• Like 2