Sign in to follow this  
MT70

KDFW Terminals Totally Dark at Night

Hello

Does anyone else has this issue with the KDFW scenery, the terminals and ramps appears totally dark at night. I have not seen this issue discussed in any forum, so was curious to find out. Created a Zendesk ticket, but was closed saying "Solved" with no success. Any help will be much appreciated. 

Thanks.

ZfK3DG8mb8j3MPG64zaop7Ku4?token=eyJhbGciOiJkaXIiLCJlbmMiOiJBMTI4Q0JDLUhTMjU2In0..xq09KM87cI_zgvNwsaBXpw.9n2PpmTqtXYtmDVEhvkG9V_IRdJU3m2ZxAibtoggeLqNmIbFyksKp-ZcSAViJqiEKnMLEJEcs9fzJ_5RNqW7jhg0NPqUuEmoravCWPeezIT2jXWelcDkMgaOSkKI0-jzwbqZ2Uh1BPg-6Jsrx_lYvTlNqQ2N_GeDiRqPjBmr3XrqNwVciVuXFxHBX3fYTAG6aHvFSFIaYfTpMg7FIP-nVV-KafE0N8CMm161b5u07N75BCZc_ZiAU0g8gvJ0fFoiSoOPcaG48PmrLznqv9Edku2Y4LwZf7FnwJalhGDCZfk.bejDnf-LevTOG_O0hfE22g

Edited by MT70

This is true for a lot of stock airports and it has not been solved (depending on how you define solved I guess).  I'm not sure why more people don't complain about this.  Maybe too many other issues.

• Like 2

Adding light is one of the easiest things anyone can do with the developer kit. It only takes a few minutes. Not ideal but someone will probably do a better job for themselves anyway. 

If you want it done let me know and I'll whip something up and link to it on here. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, tyrodes said:

This is true for a lot of stock airports and it has not been solved (depending on how you define solved I guess).  I'm not sure why more people don't complain about this.  Maybe too many other issues.

I do recall starting a flight and I thought the airport was very dark with no dynamic lighting. I assumed that was just the way ity was supposed to be.

Perhaps no one is noticing it, because a lot of people fly during the day due to the incredible scenery. Night lighting is still a little off, but I really like starting flights just before dawn.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

3 hours ago, superspud said:

Adding light is one of the easiest things anyone can do with the developer kit. It only takes a few minutes. Not ideal but someone will probably do a better job for themselves anyway. 

If you want it done let me know and I'll whip something up and link to it on here. 

Yes surely, that will be a good fix for now until they fix the night lighting issue, appreciate it, thanks. 

3 hours ago, duckbilled said:

Perhaps no one is noticing it, because a lot of people fly during the day due to the incredible scenery. Night lighting is still a little off, but I really like starting flights just before dawn.

You are probably correct.  Also, maybe people spawn and end their flights on the runway, which in my opinion looks pretty good for most stock airports.  Once you taxi (taxi light chaos) to aprons (dark) the immersion is lost for me.

• Like 2

As was said, I think this is true at most airports. It is one of the areas where I feel XP11 is lightyears ahead.....their airport lighting is awesome in my opinion. 

• Like 2

Bit of both. Mainly lights on the parking and floating elsewhere. I didn't add extra illumination to the terminals.

3 minutes ago, superspud said:

Bit of both. Mainly lights on the parking and floating elsewhere. I didn't add extra illumination to the terminals.

Thank you so much, now it looks more like a major airport and not a ghost airport. 👌

My pleasure.

Verrry strange that they didn't do this. If you were going to light anywhere it would be where the places turn up at least. 

Edited by superspud

On 1/22/2021 at 11:24 AM, superspud said:

There we go - https://www.mediafire.com/file/4ghqvik57u7rzhi/KFDW.zip/file

otLQ5DO.jpg

Also included are the project files if you want to do more of it yourself. I no doubt skimped here and there. 

Thank you so much for doing this. Maybe one of these days I'll learn how to edit lights too. There are plenty of airports that can use a little love. Thanks again!

It's on flightsim.to with the terminals etc too done now - https://flightsim.to/file/7077/kdfw-dallas-fort-worth-international-airport-night-lighting-fix

I probably still missed a fair bit but it's better. 

Light editing is one of the easiest things to do and weirdly satisfying as well. Well worth playing with. 

And the mediafire link to the project files and mod has been updated with the extra bits done. 

Edited by superspud
  • Like 1