Sign in to follow this  
awash2002

DA62 cruise power settings for 8000 to 12000

What are typical cruise settings that you DA62 pilots use for cruise at altitudes from 8000 to 12000?

72%-80% is normal.

If you don't have the wallet; i.e, you're skint (english for poor) then pull her back to 65% and tease her now and again to 75% to keep her interested.

She should be pulling about 6.5 G/PH on both sides if the FADEC is good.

Cool I normally do 75% but I'm getting ready to fly N338DS a DA40NG back from Key West to Calhoun Nonstop at 8000 and 80% cruise power

I'm flying the DA62 at 90% trying to get to my destination before the G1000's MFD locks up on me....
(not a joke)

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

56 minutes ago, awash2002 said:

I'm not tried 90%power 

Still uses less fuel at a high setting than most every other twin capable of equivalent speed.

I spent $120 American for fuel back in late August and have not run out yet.....  LOL!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I think I have found a new cruise setting for the DA62 90% power at 8000 90% power gives me 178 kts True 

I tend to use 85% as my sim time is not unlimited. Yesterday flew the 199 nm from Grand Turk (MBGT) to Santo Domingo (MDSD) mainly at 15 000 feet. Using Live Weather had a useful tail wind of 21kt. I got a low fuel warning. Surprised as there appeared to be plenty of fuel in the tanks. The sim had a crazy arrival procedure but I went direct in and landed with no problems.