Sign in to follow this  
DLH7LA

A couple suggestions / wishes

Hi Nico,

Im for sure not a programmer so I dont know how much work it is to implement some things, but I would be very happy with a some additions:

- Error identification, especially in the airport files a small missing ", / or > makes psxt ignore the file, maybe you can add something in the psxt window or log that shows the line where the error is? For example "EHAM.xml error on line 123"

- Forcing floating Aircraft on ground, on some airports some faulty ADSB data is transmitted, for example in LVFRs Miami most aircraft are shown either floating in the air or sunken in the ground. I think PSXT somehow does this already but on some occasions it does not help. I think everything with a speed below 40-50kts, fixed wings and a transponder should be on the ground but thats probably something difficult to implement.

-AI matching connected to AFCAD, again the with the US regionals 🙂 I get perfect matching with live traffic and the registration but the parked aircraft are randomly chosen from AI_liveries.xml.
Maybe PSXT can crosscheck the AI_liveries with the AFCAD section?
So the entry
<livery airline="RPA" type="E75L" folder="1" cargo="false" title="FLAi_RAI_E75S_RPA-Republic AAL" should match the "<parkpos id="D43" airls="AAL" /> and not the FLAi_RAI_E75S_RPA-Republic DAL

-Creating parked updates without the Sim, I dont know if there is a way to do that but maybe there is a way to let only RT (or ADSB) and PSXT run to create parked updates at a certain airport? So one could just let it run in the background and have a filled airport after a while.

Just some thoughts i had while enjoying PSXT 😄

Hi,

I'm glad to hear that you enjoy PSXT, and thx for your suggestions.

Here my answers:

- I'm using a C++ xml library to load an xml file (and lots of other xml related things). This load function gives a generic error message about what is wrong only, not the specific line in the file. However, I've changed the UI such that you will see a message that the airport file could not be loaded due to a parsing error, and the type of error. It cannot be missed. Just re-download version 20.4. 

- That's not easy to fix, if input (from RT/ADS-B) is garbage, the output will be garbage....

- Parked aircraft are not randomly chosen. Parked aircraft based on options in the airport file have to match airline, type and optionally the hour of the day. Parked aircraft based on AFCAD section have to match the airline (only).
I think you are referring to the "problem" that some airlines fly for other airlines like RPA for AAL. For live traffic we have solved that by using the registration code (if available). For parked aircraft however, there are no registration codes available.

Your example is not correct, a livery for Airline RPA, will never be matched with D43 airls="AAL" ...

You propose to do the matching based on part of the title string, so in search of liveries for D43 AAL it should take all liveries with AAL in the title string into account.... That's very prone to errors I'm afraid, will not do that.

- Creating an airport file without having to run the Sim is an interesting idea. I'll investigate that further.

Nico

Thanks for your answers, will try out 20.4! This should help me manually modifying the airport files.

You propose to do the matching based on part of the title string, so in search of liveries for D43 AAL it should take all liveries with AAL in the title string into account.... That's very prone to errors I'm afraid, will not do that.

Your probably right about possible errors but I am not talking about all "AAL" liveries but only if PSXT has 2 or more options to match it can check if there is something from the AFCAD positions that matches one of those available options. I hope you understand what I am trying to say 😄 

Thanks for considering!!

40 minutes ago, DLH7LA said:

Your probably right about possible errors but I am not talking about all "AAL" liveries but only if PSXT has 2 or more options to match it can check if there is something from the AFCAD positions that matches one of those available options. I hope you understand what I am trying to say 😄 

No I don't understand... sorry. Please give an example.  Do note that matching based on afcad only deals with airline codes.

No problem. The way I see it, PSXT checks the airport file and finds for gate D47 the data "<option airline="RPA" type="E75L" real="false" hours="16,17" />", checks the ai_liveries.xml for "RPA" and "E75L" and finds the entries:

<livery airline="RPA" type="E75L" folder="1" cargo="false" title="FLAi_RAI_E75L_RPA-Republic AAL" atc_id="N40*HQ,N41*YX,N42*YX,N43*YX,N44*YX" />
    <livery airline="RPA" type="E75L" folder="1" cargo="false" title="FLAi_RAI_E75L_RPA-Republic UAL" atc_id="N72*YX,N73*YX,N74*YX,N75*YX" />

The additional step would be now, because there are two options, that PSXT checks the afcad section for position D47 and finds the info <parkpos id="D47" airls="AAL" />, checks (maybe keep it to the last 3 positions of the title) the two titles from the liveries.xml for "AAL" and matches now with the correct titel.

Does it make any sense? I understand it might be difficult to implement this...

I see, now I get it. 

I have implemented the following:

If there are two or more options for the parkpos and there is only one airline code in the afcad airls for the parkpos and that code is different from the code for the parkpos, it will search for the airl code in the titles for the options (no matter at what position). It will gather all options with that airl code in the title and randomly select from this set. Otherwise normal procedure.

The condition that the airls must have one code only is to limit the run time overhead. And I assume that your regional operators park at terminals that are dedicated to one airline operator only.

Re-download version 20.4 and give it a try. 

please allow me to borrow this thread of @DLH7LA. As info above about garbage in ADS-B data, which has been discussed before between Nico and me, I'm thinking about whether there're some works for data fix. Maybe it's related to some statistics or even machine learning method. It's a pity that my profession only focus on web backend engineering , not familiar with algorithm, so I cannot come up detail idea, just a brainstorm

Edited by Hyperbola

On 1/23/2021 at 4:39 PM, Hyperbola said:

please allow me to borrow this thread of @DLH7LA.

Absolutely no problem, I am always excited about any update for PSXT (partly because there is not much development for P3D any more from all the other developers...)

The AFCAD matching works quite well, with only 1 AFCAD option it is a bit limited because most AFCADs have different data (I discovered many positions with option UAL,COA for example) but that is just an one time adjustment for the AFCAD section. Absolutly happy to have it now 🙂 Maybe Nico can use something similar to check for cargo spots to match with cargo livieries? For example Atlas Air has 747 and 767 with mostly cargo config but some pax aircraft as well or Sunwings is doing the 737 operations for Amazon Prime Air. It mostly fits but once in a while a Pax Aircraft gets spawned at a cargo stand (which could be real but chances are limited as long as there are Cargo Aircraft in the fleet) or the other way around.

On 1/22/2021 at 3:17 PM, DLH7LA said:

-Creating parked updates without the Sim, I dont know if there is a way to do that but maybe there is a way to let only RT (or ADSB) and PSXT run to create parked updates at a certain airport? So one could just let it run in the background and have a filled airport after a while.

I'm happy to announce that there is a new tool named Learner, included in the PSXseeconTraffic and PSXT_MSFS software packages.

Learner.png

This tool ‘learns’ an airport without the need of a Simulator connection! Together with a Data Provider it can run in the background without further attention. It works as well for FSX/P3D as for MSFS. Run it from the PSXseeconTraffic or PSXT_MSFS folders (there where the installer has placed it). 

Learner copies the airports and liveries folder parameter values from PSXseeconTraffic or PSXT_MSFS. Therefore PSXseeconTraffic/PSXT_MSFS must have been run at least once and the airports and liveries parameters must have been set.

Type the ICAO code of the wanted airport. It learns as well real as soft. It takes heavy and middle aircraft into account only, no light aircraft or helicopters.

You may switch to another airport on the fly, the previous airport file will be saved.

Note that you cannot run Learner and PSXseeconTraffic at the same time while they both need the Data Provider.

Any more wishes? 😉

Nico

Edited by kiek

You are a superstar! 😄

24 minutes ago, kiek said:

Any more wishes? 😉

You can be sure that I will let you know... Once I can think of anything... So far it looks quite perfect 🙂

wow Nico, you are amazing ! Since more and more tools, do you think it necessary to merge all of them into one ? Including PSXT, PPG, AILG, and new Learn tool, and separate them in different tab. Thus users only need downloading one software, and switch tabs to use different modules. For your consideration.

Edited by Hyperbola

5 hours ago, Hyperbola said:

Since more and more tools, do you think it necessary to merge all of them into one ? Including PSXT, PPG, AILG, and new Learn tool, and separate them in different tab. Thus users only need downloading one software, and switch tabs to use different modules. For your consideration.

The learner tool is not a separate installation, it's packed with PSXseeconTraffic and PSXT_MSFS.

Putting everything in one package is not a good idea in my opinion while some people run PSXseeconTraffic networked. They install AILG and PPG on their FlightSim PC and PSXseeconTraffic on another PC/laptop. Now you have this flexibility.

Also the update frequency of the programs differ. AILG for instance does not change much.

Hey, did you have any chance to look into this:

On 1/25/2021 at 2:37 PM, DLH7LA said:

Maybe Nico can use something similar to check for cargo spots to match with cargo livieries? For example Atlas Air has 747 and 767 with mostly cargo config but some pax aircraft as well or Sunwings is doing the 737 operations for Amazon Prime Air. It mostly fits but once in a while a Pax Aircraft gets spawned at a cargo stand (which could be real but chances are limited as long as there are Cargo Aircraft in the fleet) or the other way around.

I would really love to get rid of those shiny pax planes in the middle of the cargo area 🙂

19 hours ago, kiek said:

The learner tool is not a separate installation, it's packed with PSXseeconTraffic and PSXT_MSFS.

Putting everything in one package is not a good idea in my opinion while some people run PSXseeconTraffic networked. They install AILG and PPG on their FlightSim PC and PSXseeconTraffic on another PC/laptop. Now you have this flexibility.

Also the update frequency of the programs differ. AILG for instance does not change much.

got it, but I just curious that how could PSXT find PPG and AILG generated files if PSXT runs on one PC while PPG, AILG on another. With my knowledge I can only think of building a NFS, which seems a little complex