Sign in to follow this  
DLH7LA

A couple suggestions / wishes

In this zip you will find PPG 21.3 beta and PSXseeconTraffic64 21.10 beta (.exe only, just overwrite).

Give it a try, over here it looks good at EDDP (with the static_off bgl, 113 parking positions).

Edited by kiek

Wow you are super fast 🙂

I just tried it but as soon as I have a real option with the current hour on the different spots they both or all of them get occupied...

17 minutes ago, DLH7LA said:

Wow you are super fast 🙂

I just tried it but as soon as I have a real option with the current hour on the different spots they both or all of them get occupied...

My mistake, a typo. Please download again  via the same link.

Static parking works fine now but static vs live is sometimes a bit off and I just got a problem with a Swiss BCS1, it is live at Gate 05A (radius 25m) but will be placed at Gate 05 (radius 40m), I checked with RT radar by pulling up behind it and its ADSB data shows it clearly on 05A.
BCS1 has a wingspan of 35m from the PSXT data. Also the parked 320 on 05B is not removed (they are not touching but quite close and the crash will be during pushback).

2 hours ago, DLH7LA said:

BCS1 has a wingspan of 35m from the PSXT data. Also the parked 320 on 05B is not removed (they are not touching but quite close and the crash will be during pushback).

I see, I forgot a small part. Please try again, same download url.

11 minutes ago, DLH7LA said:

Now I am not getting any aircraft on the big stands 😄

🙂

Must be coincidental.

Now you see why I let you test first.

Thats strange because I must have restartet PSXT about 10 times and never got any widebodys shown... I will try to check again tomorrow when there is actually some live traffic at Hamburg 🙂

I was thinking,

If there is a fixed pattern like two small gates with a big gate in between, and that n times, it can happen it takes the first small gate and then skips the wide gate so it takes the next small gate and skips the next wide one, and so on. 

From these gates found it selects randomly, but then you will not see wide bodies.

If this theory is right I have to introduce some randomness in drawing gates.

I think it is ok now, try again please (same download url). 

If you enter a file like this in your PSXseeconTraffic\data folder, it will skip the airlines given from being used in soft learning/parking.
Name it

no_soft_airlines.xml

exmple contens:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<no_soft_airlines>
    <NoSoft airls="DHL,BCS,ABR" />
</no_soft_airlines>

You may specify ICAO codes for airlines separated by comma's. You may specify more then one <NoSoft  airls= line

I've also changed PPG a bit, the marge is now 10% of the radius instead of 5 meters fixed. This to prevent problems with gates with a radius of 10 meters.

Static parking seems to be flawless now but with the live aircraft I still had the problem that an A320 taxied into stand 05A but then got moved as live parked onto stand 05. They are parallel to each other just about 5 meters apart. On another stand it just worked fine, an A321 taxied into stand 01B and got parked there as it should eventhough stand 01 is basically on the same position just a bit tilted to accomodate heavy aircraft.

I created the no_soft_airlines.xml and will test it out, thanks to the learner I will just check back in a couple hours 🙂

23 minutes ago, DLH7LA said:

I still had the problem that an A320 taxied into stand 05A but then got moved as live parked onto stand 05. They are parallel to each other just about 5 meters apart.

I think that at the point where the data stream ended, gate 05 must have been just a little bit closer then 05A. That's the way it works, it has nothing to to with exclude.

In the Log.txt you can check if it has read your no_soft_airlines file.

Edited by kiek

1 hour ago, kiek said:

I think that at the point where the data stream ended, gate 05 must have been just a little bit closer then 05A. That's the way it works, it has nothing to to with exclude.

Ok then it maybe was just unlucky 🙂

1 hour ago, kiek said:

In the Log.txt you can check if it has read your no_soft_airlines file.

I tried the way you described unfortunatly i cant find any no_soft_airlines info in the log... (and of course not with the learner as its not updated but neither in the PSXT64...)

55 minutes ago, DLH7LA said:

I tried the way you described unfortunatly i cant find any no_soft_airlines info in the log... (and of course not with the learner as its not updated but neither in the PSXT64...)

My mistake, sorry. Please try again, I've also add Learner.exe (2.2 beta).

Edited by kiek

25 minutes ago, kiek said:

My mistake, sorry. Please try again, I've also add Learner.exe (2.2 beta).

Yep, that works:

7 no soft airline codes read from "data\no_soft_airlines.xml"