Sign in to follow this  
bernd1151

A few more port-overs, this time vintage Russian Airliners

I had promised you some more port-overs, so here we go again. All planes that you see here are former FS9 freeware models that have been upgraded by various talented developers to FSX standard. I have used the Legacy Converter to make them function in MSFS. As always, the biggest problem was the VC. FS9 VC standards are just not acceptable anymore for me. So where needed, I have used VCs from different planes (pay- and freeware) that I have in my virtual hangar.

These planes are now fully functional in MSFS, which means they start properly from the runway, engines and gears work as they should and it is really a joy to fly these beauties in this new environment. I doubt that any of them will be ported over by their original developers. But of course I would love to be wrong.

Unfortunately, I cannot share them with you, as I don’t have permission from their original creators. This is especially valid for the payware VCs that I have used.

Nuff said, here comes the first Russian plane, the Ilyushin IL-14, here pictured in the East German Interflug livery, flying over Dresden:

Il-14-7.jpg

The VC comes from the Just Flight Curtiss C-46 Commando. I like it, because it has the same two side-cutouts for windows, which adds to the illusion

Il-14-8.jpg

The next plane is the Ilyushin IL-18, a plane similar in size to the DC 4. That is why I added the excellent Flight Replicas VC to it.

Il-18-3.jpg

IL-18 over Moscow

Il-18-5.jpg

A younger plane is the Tupolev Tu-24, which can be seen here near Murmansk

Tu-124-1.jpg

This is the original VC, no functioning gauges. I haven’t made up my mind yet, which one to use instead

Tu-124-2.jpg

A favorite of mine is the Tupolev Tu-154B.

Tu-154-1.jpg 

Tu-154-2.jpg

It also carries its original VC, which I will keep

Tu-154-3.jpg

Over Vladivostok

Tu-154-6.jpg

And now comes my all-time favorite, the venerable Tupolev Tu-114. I just love this plane and am super happy to fly her again in MSFS. The sound of her engines is just incredible. Here she is at Moscow Sheremetyevo this afternoon with real weather:

Tu-114-1.jpg

Luckily I can keep her VC too, as most gauges work

Tu-114-2.jpg 

Tu-114-3.jpg

And this concludes my little Russian tour. Thanks for viewing.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 4

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Great shots !

I love the Tu154, if i think right, back to the older days there was a Tu154 AddOn in FSX and this one i flown real a lot.

I loved this Bird flying at this time and it was a good study level russian Airplane.

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Superb shots! Brings back fond memories of my youth when some of these still could be seen when on holidays in Yugoslavia. My favourite plane, too is Tu-114 with her incredible looks, ear-deafening sounds and impressive top speed of 870 km/h which equals 540 mph!

Edited by duesenwerni
  • Like 1

Intel core i5-9600KF,  ASRock H310CM-HDV/M2, G.Skill DDR4-2666 32GB, Asus Geforce RTX 4060 TI 16GB, Samsung SSD 980 1 TB M.2 SSD

Very attractive set of planes, Bernd...!!

And, you start off with INTERFLUG...one of the most colorful and (and interesting too) liveries...🙂...in my eyes...!

(Glad you're taking charge converting these classics...to MSFS...eventhough just for yourself...yes, we would love to be proved wrong, about these appearing natively in MSFS, but, frankly, the waiting game, personally, wears thin for me, somewhat,...these days...🙂...having, of course, done plenty of that in our hobby...oh well...one of the hazards of our passions...🙂...we'll see...)

• Like 1

... just lacking words...

... and that Tu-114...

Greetings from the city with the Il-14 above!

• Like 1

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Thank you very much for your comments, my friends 🙂

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

***Wonderful Display***

• Like 1

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Lovely stuff Bernd! Interesting to hear about which cockpits you substituted as well. I particularly like those last two aircraft. I wasn't aware of the 154 but she looks interesting, and the cockpit is quite beautiful. And the 114 - well, what can you say? I haven't found myself a working copy yet but I haven't given up permanently - I'll get back to playing with it someday.

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Stunning!

I imagine the TU-114 sound is something else!

You are becoming the Jankees of conversions!!

Fascinated that you can swap VC in & out.

T45

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Treetops45 said:

You are becoming the Jankees of conversions!!

Hahahaha

Old thread, but new problem. I tried converting the Tu-114 (which i really love) with the tool to see how it ran, but the sim is crashing whenever i try to use the plane.

Do you have any ideas what i might be doing wrong, or maybe some tips for the conversion as you cannot share the aircraft @bernd1151?

Thank you.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

On 11/16/2023 at 3:37 PM, Nuno Pinto said:

Old thread, but new problem. I tried converting the Tu-114 (which i really love) with the tool to see how it ran, but the sim is crashing whenever i try to use the plane.

Do you have any ideas what i might be doing wrong, or maybe some tips for the conversion as you cannot share the aircraft @bernd1151?

Thank you.

Yeah, old thread and I am surprised that you found it. Problem is, that plane was converted in 2021 and the MSFS we have today is quite different from the one we had in 2021. This means, also my Tu-114 doesn't work anymore, unless i give it another vc, which I don't do, since the original one is so different and I just hate flying that plane with the usual B747 swap

• Upvote 1

Yeah well, nice try i guess... Maybe someone will port or make one for MSFS someday.

Thanks for the help Bernd!

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11