Sign in to follow this  
Guest Douglas K

Head Movement

Guest alandonovan

Hi everybody,I know its cool, but does anybody know how to stop head movement in the VC?Thanks for any assistance.Al

Guest Douglas K

>>>>I know its cool, but does anybody know how to stop head movement in the VC?<<<

Guest nem

>Might be cool in the game, but if you ever start to perceive>things that way in a real airplane, then I

>>>>>I know its cool, but does anybody know how to stop head>movement in the VC?<<<<>>Might be cool in the game, but if you ever start to perceive>things that way in a real airplane, then I

Guest Jimbofly

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but in real life your head isn't locked into position relative to the cockpit, it's actually influenced by inertial forces.I actually notice head latency effects quite a lot irl, but I can assure you I'm quite sane.James

Guest Douglas K

>>>>True, but then again in a real aircraft there are forces affecting your body which cannot be simulated without uncommon equipment, like hydraulic chairs etc. So compensating for this with exaggerated visual effects is not necessarily a bad idea.<<<

Guest Douglas K

>>>>I hate to be the bearer of bad news but in real life your head isn't locked into position relative to the cockpit, it's actually influenced by inertial forces.:) I think most of us are, but in real life the point at which your eyes are focused will remain the same despite being influenced by outside forces, since your eyes can move independently from your skull. In FSX though, the effect is disorienting, since your head is not affected, and your eyes tend to follow themovements. See my earlier comments about taxiing the FSX King Air.>>>>I actually notice head latency effects quite a lot irl, but I can assure you I'm quite sane.<<<