Sign in to follow this  
Republic DC9

Suddenly Missing All Autogen Buildings but not Trees?

A normal afternoon of flight simming and adding various updates from the freeware additions, but for some reason I now have zero autogen buildings anywhere in the world, and no airport buildings?

I've tried re-starting, eliminating new scenery additions, etc. - no dice - plenty of trees but no buildings anywhere?

Never encountered this before - the only "strange" thing I did was installing (then deleting) a payware airport into the community folder (one of those simmarket "representation of XXX" airports) - but I doubt that did it.

Any ideas?  It's like I suddenly no longer have any stock autogen building models including those at airports like my local KSBM?

Thanks,

Steve

I fixed it...I had the problem even AFTER clearing all of the Community folder links etc. but I noticed that somehow in the main folder some Japan folder had been updated late this afternoon - I deleted that folder (risky, I know) and now all is back to normal even with all my add ons restored via my linker tool, both freeware and payware.   Very strange...

This same thing happened to me.  I discovered I still had an LOD with building height adjustment mod in my community folder from many months ago.  I guess it had lived under the radar until a content patch to the sim occurred.  I think I had even flown around for a few days without noticing anything because I had happened to be flying in photogrammetry errors.

I got rid of the mod and all was good.

My lesson is that whenever something weird like this happens, community mods are the first thing I check.

• Like 1

Same thing here. Did a flight on sunday 24/1 and noticed how "flat" the world was. I have the tree distance mod installed and trees where still showing, just as a few building add-ons i have in the community folder. These now stood out against the rest of the "flat" world. No autogen buildings. I didn't add anything extra to the community folder (not for a few weeks at least) so i didn't look there. Noticed that the last part of the flight loading took way more time then normal, the market store was greyed out and on one occasion it said that it could no verify my X-Box account so i started looking into that direction. No joy. Then i cleared out the community folder and re-started and all was good again. I had something like WTH, what changed that it caused the autogen buildings not to load? I added all community add-ons back in, not one by one but out of curriosity all at ones and much to my amazement all stayed well after adding the community folder again. Weird.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR