Sign in to follow this  
Tom_L

TOP immersion killers

Snow on the side of high rises/sky scrapers.

Fully snow covered highways/major roads/major airport runways when snow is only 'trace'.

Overdone icing on aircraft fuselage

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

The thread is about "immersion killers" not generally about bugs in the game that surely do exsist.

I can have a very immersive and impressing flight experience even if I occasionally see a spike in the scenery or am asked to do a click at the end of flight to accept the log data.

Try to use your phantasy not only to see things that are not real but also to ignore things that are real and you do not want to see. Learn to enjoy!

There are so many little things that MSFS is lacking off but what it really is champion of is Immersion.    

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Please acknowledge.

Please acknowledge.

Please acknowledge.

ATC services terminated.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PTI139 said:

The thread is about "immersion killers" not generally about bugs in the game that surely do exsist.

Thx for this remark. And for me it's especially about the logbook popping up on shutting down the engines and ruining the immersion. That's individual, of course, but I thought a bit of lobbying wouldn't hurt, especially as I don't think fixing the issue would be a large effort hindering the developers in working on more important, real bugs. That said, the "read this/vote there-ratio" for the respective thread isn't that great so far, so maybe one or the other could reconsider.....🙏:unsure:

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

11 minutes ago, Tom_L said:

Thx for this remark. And for me it's especially about the logbook popping up on shutting down the engines and ruining the immersion. That's individual, of course, but I thought a bit of lobbying wouldn't hurt, especially as I don't think fixing the issue would be a large effort hindering the developers in working on more important, real bugs. That said, the "read this/vote there-ratio" for the respective thread isn't that great so far, so maybe one or the other could reconsider.....🙏:unsure:

Therein lies (yet another) problem with the ridiculous Voting system, there have been a few threads on this subject that the Mods merged into one but the Votes don't roll over, meaning there's many "Lost" votes (no jokes about the US Voting System...).

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

a) Extremely exaggerated icing visuals.  Provide an option to switch it off.

b) Live weather that doesn't show snow on ground and falling when it actually is!

c) Terrain spikes

• Upvote 1

Currently, what really kills the immersion is this ridiculously overdone icing system (as I live and fly in central Europe). Along with the totally outdated and as such often totally wrong snow coverage. Then you can add:

- snow covered roads even if the surrounding terrain looks great with spots of snow

- no seasons, having all trees still freshly green below the snow is ridiculously wrong...

- terrain LOD issues (coastline glitches, tree draw distance, spikes). Happy that for most, already community addons exist that fix this...

- totally useless world map. I still do not understand how a simulator based on bing map data has such a low-detail, low resolution flight planning map included, this is ridiculous. VFR flightplans through Alps or other mountains is simply impossible without external planning tool

- AI traffic in all aspects. They should rather have left out AI traffic completely instead of this half-baked stuff with ugly models and phantasy repaints...

- ATC in all aspects. Nice to have text - to - speech now, but the directions are still totally idiotic, especially around the transition altitude. 

- photoground obviously taken in another season (mostly winter) than the surrounding area.

- missing watermasks all over the world

- low resolution mesh in mountain regions. 

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

16 hours ago, Tom_L said:

1. Automatic pop up of logbook while shutting down the engines. Apart from killing the immersion this has another downside: If you choose "continue" to finish the flight in a way that befits a simulation a new entry in the logbook is created showing zero values if you quit to the main menu thereafter making the logbook more convoluted than necessary.

This! I really hate this popup, it reminds of the famous annoying "Press Any Key to Continue" 🤣

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

16 minutes ago, ArchStanton said:

TOP immersion killer: reading in forums of problems I was not aware

Yeah, ... the world could be so simple.

• Like 2

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Being forced to read through a list of immersion killers in a forum where (as a P3D user) I have no right to be in the first place.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

18 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

AI touch down animation!

What's wrong with it?  When I was showing the top execs at MS the sim, they noted how realistically I landed the plane since they experienced the same kind of landing just earlier in the day when their G5 pilot brought it in "firmly".  They all agreed that is how planes must land, and told the devs to incorporate in the game.

I feel kinda' insulted that you don't like the way I land. 😉 

As far as the top immersion killer....I have to agree that CTD on short final takes the cake hands down....esp when you're doing an FSEconomy flight and you've just left all those virtual pax at 697 feet, wondering when they are gonna touch down and disembark anytime soon.  Right now, I've personally left 5 pax in this state over KSAN, 54CL, KBUR, KCXO, KJAC, KTEX, KTPA and most recently KRAP.....which is how I feel when I'm pulling the power back, touching the rudder once more to tweak the heading just so as to perfectly align the nose to the runway heading, waiting for the view aspect of the the landing picture to change from moving down to the horizon expanding in front of you...just as you're preparing to flare...and ..................

BOOM 

You're now looking at your desktop.  Quite the immersion killer me thinks. 😒

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I think the only real immersion killer for me is the propensity for the sim to throw lightning flashes in there on almost every weather generation scenario. Things look great and I'm ready to enjoy flying my toy plane somewhere and then, FLASH! It's at that point the thought occurs: 'aah, that still needs sorting out' and it takes you right out of your fantasy.

Everything else I can pretty much tolerate, live with and work around in some way or another whilst waiting for it to be addressed, but something which literally flashes on screen, is kind of hard to ignore.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here