Sign in to follow this  
Tom_L

TOP immersion killers

I'd like to promote two topics from the official forums wishlist that are most annoying to me:

1. Automatic pop up of logbook while shutting down the engines. Apart from killing the immersion this has another downside: If you choose "continue" to finish the flight in a way that befits a simulation a new entry in the logbook is created showing zero values if you quit to the main menu thereafter making the logbook more convoluted than necessary.

2. Ground vehicles on taxiways. I have switched them off but I would rather have them using their own lanes.

While topic #2 is already in the "Top Wishes" list and scheduled for 2021 (maybe more votes will speed up the process?), topic #1 is in dire need for additional votes. So if you feel the same please use the provided links and vote (log in required).

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

No proper traffic, pixilated clouds, atc, spikes in the scenery.......but I love the sim!!😁👍

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards

Paul EGCC

AI touch down animation!

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 to 5 second freezes of the sim over many large metropolitan areas. Pretty much killed the sim for me for IFR.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

The only two things annoying me are the missing water masks in the tropical destinations and the damage done to the shorelines after a recent ASOBO update. Other than that I'm very happy with MSFS.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Helicopters: small, large, military. commercial. Surely 2022 is taking the xxxx at us!

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

9 minutes ago, DJJose said:

The only two things annoying me are the missing water masks in the tropical destinations and the damage done to the shorelines after a recent ASOBO update. Other than that I'm very happy with MSFS.

Yup, the coastlines were great until they were ruined after the update.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Reversed textures on 747-8 ( and other planes ) from first day MSFS came out - and still no solution..

cheers 😉

• Like 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Tom_L said:

I'd like to promote two topics from the official forums wishlist that are most annoying to me:

1. Automatic pop up of logbook while shutting down the engines. ... topic #1 is in dire need for additional votes. So if you feel the same please use the provided links and vote (log in required).

So, the fact that you can't actually get out of the plane after shutting it down, since you can't open the doors doesn't seem to bother anyone......

The horizon line, the terrain spikes, the coastline glitch... the end screen when you finish a flight....scenery artifacts in general. The unrealistic ground behaviour with wind (extreme weather vaning). Lack of adverse yaw, torque effects in single engine props. Over icing effects. Clouds slowing down your speed when you fly into them. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

So, the fact that you can't actually get out of the plane after shutting it down, since you can't open the doors doesn't seem to bother anyone

Actually, it does....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

A twilight that doesn't last until 3 a.m.! A real dark night with improved city lighting at night! the stars too. there is a lot of work to do for the night

• Like 2

Horizon Line

Terrain Spikes

Logbook intrusion at shut down

LOD levels of POI being shamefully bad

Water Masks not working as advertised

Snow not working as advertised

Just a few of my most hated immersion breaking aspects of this Sim.

• Upvote 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)