Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

Causes and Solutions Thread DXGI HUNG CTD

Is this worth a sticky post? 

This should be ONLY for Causes and Solutions which users found out. Please don't mix other issues and ctd topics here. 

As lots of users are still having these, they should find solutions here. At least get some ideas where to look at. 🙂

Maybe the admins can make this post sticked at the top of the P3D section here. Just as long as long till LM sorts it out.

Here I post some issues which can lead to DXGI Hung error

With the nvidia driver 460.79 I did not have a single CTD. I tested this with stock and 4 addon planes and all my addons are active. Have tested this round about 100+ hours!

All the drivers after 460.79 did bring me more stutters or the last one, HF 461.33, which should solve stuttering in VR, does bring me the device hung error.

So this DXGI error is not motivating at all if you are not knowing what exactly does cause it.

I have found the following issues which CAN cause them:

1) VRAM spikes (playing with settings in P3D) after starting a flight in P3D
2) Out of VRAM after starting a flight in P3D (never bin an issue for me with 24GB)
3) older trueglass.dll - disable any trueglass.dll/reallight.dll within P3D-Root "gauges" directory by renaming them "trueglass.dll.off"/reallight.dll.off or delete them. Use the newest installers which you can get via ORBX central (partner tab) or ask directly at TFDI design
4) older reallight.dll - See previous bulletpoint
5) Bathemetry on - turn it off. LM is aware of this one
6) Vegetation shadows casting on - very rare. LM is aware of this one too. Turn it off (unchecked=off)
7) Nvidia Driver - 460.79 is very stable

😎 Bad GPU OC - reset GPU profiles to stock settings. Try to run without OC GPU

Windows should be fully up to date incl. optional windows suggested updates.

Having so much causes can drive someone really insane.

I do hope you get sort it out. LM is still working on VRAM management, as they stated in one of their feedbacks here at the support forum.

Above works for me very well but must not work for you. But at least this are some well known "work arounds" and hopefully they will work for you too!

Hang on guys! I am sure things will get better! P3D is indeed a very stable platform. But I am aware off having CTD can indeed make someone very unhappy.

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Guys I found this video which makes lot of sense and I dont' know  anything about dx12 since this is my first program that uses direct x 12 and I'm learning prepardv5.                          As a note I don't know who this you tuber is but maybe will help someone I have yet to try it but it should work.                    

P3Dv5.1 |  Destroy the Device Hung Error Forever 100% Guaranteed! | 2020
SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL: http://bit.ly/YTSUBScribe
JOIN the DISCORD BROTHERHOOD: https://discord.gg/T2c925K
DEVICE HUNG ERROR WEBSITE: https://docs.substance3d.com/spdoc/gpu-drivers-crash-with-long-computations-128745489.html

01 MEMORY FIX: https://youtu.be/A5bclGbY1ik
02 ...