Sign in to follow this  
Guest baksteen33

AI traffic

Guest prdant

Ok, I bought and installed MyTraffic X with no issues and since I have sppent more time tweaking instead of flying I am asking for opinions. I never paid much attention to the arriving or departing AI until some mentioned it in another post. So MyTraffic, Traffic 2005 or wait for UT which is it.Thanks

Guest JimC1702

World of AI. It's FREE, easy to install, and uses fantastic looking models. I'm going to post a few AI shots on the screenshot forum shortly. Take a look.Jim

Guest 2002cbr600f4i

Um, I was under the impression that WoAI wasn't converted over to be FSX compatible yet?What sort of tweaking are you doing with myTrafficX? I purchased it last weekend and have been flying with it and haven't done ANY tweaking. Quite happy with it... Lots of traffic, REALISTIC traffic (I was SOOO sick of hearing "Orbit" and "Soar" and all the other fake liveries... It's nice flying around KATL now and hearing Delta and AirTran and such...)--2002cbr600f4i

Guest prdant

No I meant tweaking FSX not MyTraffic. I do not see a lot of movement from the AI. Maybe I haven't configured something correctly, I thought that I would see more company on the taxi ways as well as take offs and landings.

Guest JimC1702

>Um, I was under the impression that WoAI wasn't converted>over to be FSX compatible yet?>The installer works great with either FS9 or FSX. The issue is that it installs an FS9 type of traffic.bgl which FSX will use, but then it will no longer use the default traffic.bgl. That works out fine for me since I don't want the default traffic anyway (the phoney airlines). Jim

Guest 2002cbr600f4i

Crank up the AI levels. The MyTrafficX AI aircraft are much smaller (albeit not quite as pretty looking) than the default ones, so you should be able to throw the slider for traffic much farther to the right with no decrease in framerates. I went from 20% to 50% and started seeing a lot more airplanes with no impacts. Somewhere I read that the Mytraffic planes can get you a 10:1 ratio (10 MyTrafficAI planes with same impact as 1 built in AI plane on frame rate.) Throw those sliders to the right and see if you get what you're expecting.--2002cbr600f4i

Guest prdant

Thank you sir, I will try that as well.:D

Guest baksteen33

Hi prdant, which MTX-version are you running? There was a bug in the TrafficDB-Builder wich prevented flights in certain areas (usually @ sea level). The FSX SDKs are still evolving so we're still facing some shortcomings. Apart from this and case you're running MTX v.5.0, there's a little update called 5.0a. FYI-2, 5.0b is just around the corner and should be out in 4-5 days. Apropos business, FSX takes significantly longer than FS9 to become busy. Inbound aircraft start further out and it usually takes ca 20 minutes before the first ones to touch down. I don't know whether this is valid for TTools traffic.bgls as well? Please visit the MyTraffic forum for more information and support: http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=4@ Jim, absolutely beautiful screenshots, thanks. I wish all the MT AC looked like that! ;-) Looking forward to more. Cheers and kind regards Jaap