Sign in to follow this  
raptor1

Las Vegas graphics are disappointing

After updating the FS2020 sim, I'm very unhappy with the graphics on the strip.

Buildings kook generic and have no signs or details on them, FSX looks better than this!

Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks

Photogam turned on? What is your internet speed? 

• Upvote 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Have you gone into the Marketplace and done a 'Buy and Download' on the free USA update content?  I believe Vegas was one of the areas that was improved in the USA Update, but it only shows up if you go get the free content in the Marketplace.

• Upvote 3

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

May also want to check your graphic settings. MSFS updates seems to reset your graphic settings, and may have set everything on low or off.

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

2 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

Have you gone into the Marketplace and done a 'Buy and Download' on the free USA update content?  I believe Vegas was one of the areas that was improved in the USA Update, but it only shows up if you go get the free content in the Marketplace.

Is that true? When those updates were released I did get a large download when MSFS checks for updates at load time. Did that not include the USA updates as well?

- Aaron

I would recommend Fly Tampa KLAS

unknown.png?width=1998&height=1124

• Like 3

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, slait said:

Is that true? When those updates were released I did get a large download when MSFS checks for updates at load time. Did that not include the USA updates as well?

Yes.  The World Updates (Japan and USA) both came with extra content that you need to go into the Marketplace and 'BUY AND DOWNLOAD' (but it's free)

This is things that are stored on the client side like the POIs (Mount Rushmore, etc).....  Making them separate gives users a choice in case they don't want to use up the disk space...... I agree it's weird it isn't automatic though. 

From the MSFS official press release about the world update:

"Once you download the latest update for Microsoft Flight Simulator, be sure to head to the in-sim Marketplace to claim World Update II: USA and partake in the majesty on display in the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave."

Edited by marsman2020

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

I checked my Marketplace folder and its all up to date with the USA  already installed.

I also checked my graphics settings were set to ultra. So now what?

8 minutes ago, raptor1 said:

I checked my Marketplace folder and its all up to date with the USA  already installed.

..."So now what?"

Buy the FlyTampa Las Vegas scenery as a few have suggested.   Unequivocally the best rendition of KLAS and the strip you'll ever see....and for $20.03 cents....the best addon I've ever seen at this price (or most any price point for that matter)...This includes both the airport and strip and surrounding area....quite the bargain as well in terms of what you get scenery-wise.

AubP3H.jpg

The Bellagio fountains are animated beautifully, as are many electronic billboards down the strip (and even off-strip).  The Neon at the Flamingo is just as I remembered when we stayed there for the 2018 flightsim expo (seems like an eternity ago).

Nothing in the default scenery will ever look even 10% as good as this.

Simply phenomenal.   Read up on the boards if you happen to experience performance issues....but I believe they work out much of that by now.

Cannot recommend this scenery enough. 🙂 

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

The FlyTampa scenery does look great! But I few outa Nellis the other day and flew over Vegas the other day with just the standard stuff and it looked cool to me, I didn't get down too low, nor do I know Vegas well, only been there once, but it didn't look too bad to me?

17 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

Yes.  The World Updates (Japan and USA) both came with extra content that you need to go into the Marketplace and 'BUY AND DOWNLOAD' (but it's free)

This is things that are stored on the client side like the POIs (Mount Rushmore, etc).....  Making them separate gives users a choice in case they don't want to use up the disk space...... I agree it's weird it isn't automatic though. 

From the MSFS official press release about the world update:

"Once you download the latest update for Microsoft Flight Simulator, be sure to head to the in-sim Marketplace to claim World Update II: USA and partake in the majesty on display in the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave."

Well, thank you for mentioning it as I had no idea that was required. I've pulled down both world updates now and will give it a looksee. 

- Aaron

23 hours ago, raptor1 said:

The only other thing I can think of,  did you somehow inadvertently turn off the data streaming? or limit it in the options?  Preventing the sim from downloading the bing tiles and data when you load up your sim. 

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11