Sign in to follow this  
leprechaunlive

P-40B Tomahawk | Wookiee's Hanger (Big Radials)

12 minutes ago, EvidencePlz said:

Is it going to have all or some of the realism features of the A2A version listed below?

https://a2asimulations.com/product/accu-sim-p-40-p3dv4/

Forgive me but i cant really see any features list on that link. And im not too sure comparing our P-40 with the A2A one is right way to go about it. Ours will have things that the A2A doesnt have, and vice versa. For now, we'll stick to the features list provided with the initial post, and we will of course go into the details later on. 🙂

Edited by leprechaunlive
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Other under-rated allied WWII planes include the P47

Thank you from a major fan of the Jug.  😄

2 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Ours will have thing that the A2A doesnt have, and vice versa.

Quite.   For example, this one will have the "works in MSFS" feature, which the A2A lacks.  😄

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Just now, kaosfere said:

Quite.   For example, this one will have the "works in MSFS" feature, which the A2A lacks.  😄

well, yes, for example 😄 and its also specifically developed for MSFS. its not a port over of any sort. 🙂

• Like 2

I wish you best of luck. Allisonx are well documented and used a lot in a lot restored WWII airplanes including Soviets. Please do take your time and add some complexity to engine management! 

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

7 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I wish you best of luck. Allisonx are well documented and used a lot in a lot restored WWII airplanes including Soviets. Please do take your time and add some complexity to engine management! 

Our aim is to be able to suit a broad kind of simmers. the "Jump In and GO" type, or the seasoned simmer thats loves his Cold and Dark stuff. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Forgive me but i cant really see any features list on that link. And im not too sure comparing our P-40 with the A2A one is right way to go about it. Ours will have things that the A2A doesnt have, and vice versa. For now, we'll stick to the features list provided with the initial post, and we will of course go into the details later on. 🙂

Okay no problem. I will copy-paste for you. And thanks for the reply and any future response 🙂

Features of the P-40 made by A2A Simulations are listed below:

• Rugged, fast, and manoeuvrable.

• As with every A2A aircraft, it is gorgeously constructed, inside and out, down to the last rivet.

• Designed and built to be flown “By The Book“.

• Functional mirror (Can to fine tuned or turned off to suit performance needs)
  • Custom Cockpit Systems and Gauges.

• Visual Real-Time Load Manager, with the ability to load fuel and stores in real-time.

• Naturally animated pilot.

• Dynamic Cockpit Lighting

• Pure3D Instrumentation now with natural 3D appearance with exceptional performance.

• Sound engineered by A2A sound professionals.

• Oil pressure system models oil viscosity (oil thickness).

• Authentically modeled pneumatic system.

• In cockpit pilot’s map for handy in-flight navigation.

• Auto-Mixture that actually performs as intended. Now you can set for “auto-rich” or “auto-lean” and the aircraft fuel-to-air ratio will be automatically determined and set by the carburetor based upon various factors, such as altitude.

• Five different models, P-40B, P-40C, AVG model, RAF Tomahawk, and Russian Tomahawk.

• Internal Supercharger modeled with accurate behaviour.

• Fuel delivery system simulated.

• All models include A2A specialized materials with authentic metal.

• Pilot’s Notes pop-up 2D panel keeps important information easily available.

• Introducing a true propeller simulation

• Feel the exhilaration of flying an Accu-Sim-powered P-40 Warhawk.

• Allison V-12 liquid cooled V-1710-33 (C15) engine built to manufacturer’s specifications.

• Curtiss multi-position and / or constant speed type electric propeller.

• Inertia starter with inertia wheel and engagement.

• Dynamic ground physics including both hard pavement and soft grass modeling.

• Immersive in-cockpit, physics-driven sound environment from A2A engineered P-40 recordings.

• Complete maintenance hangar including landing gear, internal systems and detailed engine tests including compression checks.

• Understand how a high-performance aircraft behaves and see how well you can cope with all of the unexpected things that can happen. No two flights are ever the same.

• Piston combustion engine modeling. Air comes in, it mixes with fuel and ignites, parts move, heat up, and all work in harmony to produce the wonderful sound of a V-12, liquid-cooled racing engine. Now the gauges look beneath the skin of your aircraft and show you what Accu-Sim is all about.

• Airflow, density and it’s temperature not only affect the way your aircraft flies, but how the internal systems operate.

• Real-world conditions affect system conditions, including engine temperatures. Manage temperatures with a radiator flap and proper flying techniques.

• Spark plugs can clog and eventually foul if the engine is allowed to idle too low for too long. Throttling up an engine with oil-soaked spark plugs can help clear them out and smoke.

• Overheating can cause scoring of cylinder head walls which could ultimately lead to failure if warnings are ignored and overly abused.

• Large engined aircraft like the P-40 like to be in the air, not on the ground. So don’t idle for too long, get in the air where the air supply is plentiful

• Engine, airframe, cockpit panel and individual gauges tremble from the power of a high-performance combustion engine.

• Authentic component drag. Dropping your gear will pull your aircraft realistically as the landing gear is deployed along with cooling flaps, ordnance and even opening the canopy. Drop your gear, deploy your flaps, or just try a dive, and listen to your airframe.

• System failures, including flaps that can independently jam or break based on the actual forces put upon them. If you deploy your flaps at too high a speed, you could find yourself in a very dangerous situation.

• Total audible cockpit made with recordings from the actual aircraft. Before you fly, enjoy clicking everything.

• Physics based Rain on Canopy effects
  • Primer system modeled. Accu-Sim monitors the amount of fuel injected and it’s effectiveness to start the engine. Cold mornings require as many as 12 strokes and warm starts may only need a single shot.

• Authentic battery. The battery capacity is based on temperature. The major draw comes from engine starting.

• Oil pressure system is affected by oil viscosity (oil thickness). Oil viscosity is affected by oil temp and oil dilution level. Now when you start the engine, you need to be careful and not raise RPM too much until oil temp is high enough to give proper oil pressure. If you raise RPM too high on a cold engine, especially very cold, oil pressure can raise to over 150 psi. Oil pump failure can result. Extended inverted flight (negative g) can uncover the oil sump and reduce oil pressure. Do not fly in a negative g situation for more than 5 seconds.

• Oxygen starvation (hypoxia) is modeled. Just take off and climb without oxygen to see

Like i said, im not going to go into the comparison route with the A2A. Like stated above, the A2A isnt even an MSFS aircraft, so it would be pure speculation to try and guess how accusim will translate in MSFS. 

Im here to present a product and answer questions about our development, not necesseraly talk about a different sim, a different aircraft, and a different development company. 🙂

Edited by leprechaunlive
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Good luck with this project! Seems very promising. The 3D modeling is beautiful. 🙂

Other warbirds or radial engine planes I'd like to see:

1. Antonov An-2 (Radial Engine biplane, military and civilian versions, including agricultural, firefighting and transport. Largest aircraft certified for single pilot operations in the US. SibWings made a beautiful one for FSX)

2. Grumman Ag Cat (Radial Engine biplane, barn stormer, agricultural aircraft, firefighting aircraft, wingwalking / aerobatics aircraft)

3. Air Tractor AT-300 (Radial engine version, barn stormer, agcricultural aircraft, firefighting aircraft)

• Like 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

32 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

Antonov An-2

There's supposed to be one from ATSimulations at some point in the (hopefully) near future.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kaosfere said:

There's supposed to be one from ATSimulations at some point in the (hopefully) near future.

i think its their next one indeed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kaosfere said:

8 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

i think its their next one indeed

Oh that's great news! I didn't know. 

The two others I really want to see though, especially the Grumman Ag Cat. Seems like such a fun and agile aircraft. 😄

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

That looks gorgeous and should be a ton of fun!

Bonus points for including Tyrone Biggums in this thread lol

Edited by regis9
  • Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

This is really good news. The sim needs some warbirds, and yours looks great. Any shots of the vc? Will a paint kit be available? And I applaud you on the jump in and fly version.

Just a minor critique, the static prop blades look a bit odd. And do you know what causes the blurry spinner? I have several that do that.

As your name suggests, I hope you do the bubbletop P-47D.

Edited by Coneman

Avsim member since 2002. 1000+ posts on old account.