Sign in to follow this  
leprechaunlive

P-40B Tomahawk | Wookiee's Hanger (Big Radials)

Currently on sale for £2.99 on Steam (for I think another 24 hours or so), is the P-40E-1 for IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad

Thanks for the tip, rushed off and bought it 🙂

I've stopped flying MSFS until either FSX imports start working in VR or some more interesting planes (like this one 🙂 ) arrive.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2021 at 3:53 AM, Chock said:

message deleted , duplicate.

Edited by Fielder

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

On 2/4/2021 at 3:53 AM, Chock said:

Pretty simple really, just a few mouse clicks is all you do. So...

If you go here and download MSFS Legacy Importer, then install that, you're all set. Think you need an account there to download it, but that's free and only takes a second or so to create. All you have to do is fire that importer up. Click on the left hand panel of the main interface click point it to your P-40 folder in FSX  or P3D (the main one in the sim objects>airplanes folder).

ok, great. Although I can't do that because I don't have FSX nor P3D on my system. Maybe I'll install FSX on this system ( I own the Steam version FSX have it on another computer), and then erase it later (I need the space). Then I could use the importer.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

On 2/4/2021 at 9:06 AM, Chock said:

Aah, military instructors yelling at you. Been there done that. My favourite personal recollection whilst over Leicester on a check ride, a booming voice from behind: 'Look where you're going before you turn! Good God man! There might be another pilot out there who's as stupid as you!'

Not the kind of cockpit patter snowflakes would like and probably disapproved of these days, but it does ensure you don't make the mistake again lol.

Alan, Since we are telling war stories (too bad there is no ale or cider), I will tell you a T-41 story that you might like. In my pilot training class was a fellow who had played defensive end for the Air Force Academy football (American) team. You can imagine that he was rather large and muscular.

Anyway, he had an even more vocal instructor than most of us. One day, he was in front of me to takeoff.  I moved into number one position as he took the runway. He sat there for longer than usual. Then the aircraft turned around and taxied off the runway back to the ramp area. I figured that he had a mechanical problem and took off.

After I returned from my flight's debriefing I learned what had happened. The instructor had already been yelling at him for real or imagined grievances. One of the items on the before takeoff checklist was to close the small vent window on the left hand side. He missed that and the instructor laid into him like a girlfriend after you return home drunk as a skunk. So, in his anger, he grabbed the vent handle and yanked it close so hard that the handle broke off in his hand. Obviously, they had to naturally cancel the flight and he taxied back to the ramp.

He told me later when we had advanced the T-37's that his instructor never yelled at him again.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

13 minutes ago, Chock said:

Nice ...

Of course the XP60C was pretty much a P40 with a R-2800 shoehorned in 😄  now that would be fun to chuck around.

49907031297_694dc9a61a_b.jpg

• Upvote 1

SKQGyt0.jpg

The P40B reached the Alpha state and has gone into testing by our test pilots! Great progress has been made on systems, with an entirely custom FLAPS and LANDING GEAR logic, to reflect the very "involved" real world procedure. No shots of the VC yet, on single texture is giving us a hard time exporting. Soon we'll also have a WW2 pilot in there too 🙂

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Looking good. 'Involved' lol - yeah, the P40 does have some weird cockpit controls, especially the little activation button on the control column. I'm pretty sure I'd have ended up accidentally firing the guns on the real thing when using that. 🙂

Such a good-looking aeroplane though, quite possibly my favourite WW2 fighter aeroplane in all variants, which is not something you can say about most WW2 aeroplanes. It'll be fab to have a native one in MSFS. Keep it up, sounds like you are making good progress.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

32 minutes ago, Chock said:

Looking good. 'Involved' lol - yeah, the P40 does have some weird cockpit controls, especially the little activation button on the control column. I'm pretty sure I'd have ended up accidentally firing the guns on the real thing when using that. 🙂

Such a good-looking aeroplane though, quite possibly my favourite WW2 fighter aeroplane in all variants, which is not something you can say about most WW2 aeroplanes. It'll be fab to have a native one in MSFS. Keep it up, sounds like you are making good progress.

Yea, we'a re trying to find a way to map all custom commands to unused msfs fonctions, because just lowering the gear requires 5 or 6 actions 😄

I wouldn't sweat it too much, you know everyone will use that once to see if it works - and complain if it doesn't - but when they've tried it once they'll just press G instead. I think the biggie is the throttle and mixture  controls; get that right and everyone will be happy.

Alan Bradbury

10 minutes ago, Chock said:

I wouldn't sweat it too much, you know everyone will use that once to see if it works - and complain if it doesn't - but when they've tried it once they'll just press G instead. I think the biggie is the throttle and mixture  controls; get that right and everyone will be happy.

yep, we've managed to create a switch in a hidden compartment, allowing to turn "hardcore" mode ON or OFF (two separate switches , 1 for gears, 1 for flaps)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Good to see the  P-40 on the MFS  radar screen. I’ve flown  my AVG A2A for 8 years 😄. She is a little long in the tooth now (flight model needs to be revisited and obviously won’t be, no nav suite)  but what an aircraft ! And you gotta love the inertia wheel starter. 

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

4 hours ago, leprechaunlive said:

yep, we've managed to create a switch in a hidden compartment, allowing to turn "hardcore" mode ON or OFF (two separate switches , 1 for gears, 1 for flaps)

I love this idea!

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Hi!

We have been very hard at work so havent had time to post any updates. We are very close to launch now 🙂

cockpit-peak.png

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1