Sign in to follow this  
leprechaunlive

P-40B Tomahawk | Wookiee's Hanger (Big Radials)

Hello people! So we have some news! We are very close to launch, it should happen Thursday if everything goes to plan. We had the honor of having IntoTheBlue checking out a preview version, and have asked him to give his honest opinion about it. Several times, he compared it to the Flying Irons Spitfire, and we are thrilled about that! We are also happy to report that most of the issues he noticed are now fixed! Here is a link to that video.

Also, please checkout our new website, as it will be the main place of purchase. And about the price, if you liked the Spit price, you'll like ours 🙂

https://bigradials.com/

Thanks!

Edited by leprechaunlive
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Excellent. I will be supporting this for sure!

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

33 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Excellent. I will be supporting this for sure!

Means a lot, thank you, this venture was very much driven by the support and encouragements i got on my Beaver post, and you were part of it. 

Edited by leprechaunlive
  • Like 1

Looking forward to seeing it and hoping to review it ASAP

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Nice!  I’m getting the hang of not dying in the Milviz Corsair, so of course it’s time to try another big radial that will probably try to kill me in a slightly different way! :)

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Just now, regis9 said:

Nice!  I’m getting the hang of not dying in the Milviz Corsair, so of course it’s time to try another big radial that will probably try to kill me in a slightly different way! :)

You should find it a lot easier to fly. There'll be a lot less torque and gyroscopic effect from the considerably smaller prop and less powerful engine on a P40, which in spite of the developer's name, is not a radial but and inline stationary affair. The Allison V12 found in the P40 was almost 1,000 hp less than the dirty great big 18-cylinder lump you found on a Corsair. 

The biggest worry with the P40 was when it became a P400 - that's a P40 with a Zero on its tail. 🤣

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

8 minutes ago, Chock said:

You should find it a lot easier to fly. There'll be a lot less torque and gyroscopic effect from the considerably smaller prop and less powerful engine on a P40, which in spite of the developer's name, is not a radial but and inline stationary affair. The Allison V12 found in the P40 was almost 1,000 hp less than the dirty great big 18-cylinder lump you found on a Corsair. 

The biggest worry with the P40 was when it became a P400 - that's a P40 with a Zero on its tail. 🤣

oh, i forgot to mention, we had the absolute honor to have a 1h30 Zoom meeting with Dave Hadfield the other day about all things P40! we are considering releasing this video as a bonus later on.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, regis9 said:

it is still a handful, it is still a 1000+ HP taildragger after all, but should be a lot easier to manage than a Corsair

• Like 2

Awesome guys, looking forward to it!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Very excited for this one. I've been saving my vintage fighter dollars for this release to support @leprechaunlive and the rest of the Big Radials team.

• Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

unknown.png

• Like 2

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

65FIz3P.png

Review currently under way. people. That will be up on my channel this afternoon since it means I can avoid having to paint the outside of the house (lol, not really, Fifi will shout at me if I don't do that, but the painting is getting done after the review hahahaha).

The installation download file is a shade under 1.3Gb and comes down the pipe pretty speedily, expanding to 3.13Gb upon install, whereby it goes in the community folder, so yes, this does mean you can see the aircraft config file unlike with some add-ons, meaning you can faff about with it if you so desire. It includes a decent 34-page PDF manual to get you up and running in short order, plus another PDF detailing some interesting control peripheral gear you can get. You get seven paint jobs with it, these are a good spread of representative liveries including RAAF, AVG, Soviet etc, although as with most MSFS releases, expect the painters to have at this one in short order.

Price tag is not-too-scary 25 quid (ish), so it compares favourably with the average Carenado add-on and other payware WW2 fighters for MSFS such as the Milviz Corsair and the Flying Iron Spit.

First impressions very good by the way. 🙂

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury